Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

"Bynum will soon becoem the best center in the nba if he remains healthy

lol you keep adding new things...now you're putting hakeem and shaq into it? You can't even put dwight's name in the same sentence as those two. Dwight has nothing on those guys. He doesn't "dominate" the game like they did. Dwight can't demand the ball and score at will like shaq could. He can't be relied upon in the 4th quarter of games [yet] to make a big bucket, or even make FT's for that matter. Do you seriously think Dwight is a "scorer"? if so, then you are really hyping up dwight to be much more than he is.

"How does me saying that Bynum is a better offensive game than Dwight indicate that Dwight is not a force of nature on the offensive and defensive end?"

Now you are twisting your own words. I never said that dwight couldn't dominate. You said and I quote "bynum is at least three rungs lower than him." That is flat out wrong when clearly Bynum has a wider offensive skill set and is just as good defensively as Dwight. All you seemed to be concerned with are the small details and numbers that mean nothing because anyone can make them look better or worse. wow, so bynum plays a WHOPPING 5 minutes more thus his game is worse than dwights? that he takes a few more shots therefore he's worse? these are meaningless facts that mean nothing b/c anyone can interpret them anyway he/she likes [meaning they are subjective and relative]. If anything, the numbers you gave me suggest that Dwight is more efficient given his playing time. That's all.

The fact however is that Bynum has a midrange/close range jumper, a much more developed post game, a go to move, better footwork, better FTs, and not to mention has less turnovers per game over his career [a big problem for dwight because he often gets hacked by smaller guards in the paint due to his poor footwork/ball control]. Bynum still shoots above %50 while you clearly ignore my point that MOST [possibly all] of dwights FG's are dunks, unlike Bynum. I don't think you'll understand what i'm trying to say because you are clearly infatuated with dwights dunks. I love dwight howard too, but I can see the differences between Dwight and Bynum and Dwight's shortcomings. I guess you weren't watching the finals either as both Bynum and Gasol, not nearly as athletic as dwight, but were able to contain him and limit his "dominance" b/c of their skill levels and understanding of the game. I don't want to seem mean but just watch next time when the lakers play the magic. Dwight will be forced out of the paint on defense to defend Bynum's/Gasol's midrange and on offense he doesn't have much moves himself so he will be predictable.

Therefore, Bynum is clearly ahead of Dwight in the offensive department while Bynum is just as good on defense. I'll give Dwight the edge on defense because he is more athletic and 20lbs lighter than Bynum. It is not how you suggest it.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

clearly Bynum is just as good defensively as Dwight.

I could take the time to continue to rip to shreds your weak arguments, but that statement alone shows your level of basketball IQ. I don't think i need to say anything further.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

clearly Bynum is just as good defensively as Dwight.

I could take the time to continue to rip to shreds your weak arguments, but that statement alone shows your level of basketball IQ. I don't think i need to say anything further.

riiiight. just like all you could respond was one stupid comment and not respond to the rest of my post. okay buddy, you are cool man. You're basketball IQ is off the charts because you can go to ESPN.com and pull the all the stats and say you are right. Keep ignoring that most of Dwights game is dunks. and that big men like Bynum and Gasol can shut him down (like they did last year) which wasn't btw any black magic or luck. okay buddy. you stupid homer.

Like I said just watch the next time the lakers play. Don't be suprised if Howard struggles that game.

lol ripping my argument to shreds? too bad your head isn't as big as your talk.

OH and btw good job putting words together that I never actually typed. In none of my posts did I type the exact phrase "clearly bynum is just as good defensively as dwight" so good job copying and pasting buddy. seems like you can't even do that.

bynum is the better player, Dwight could potentially dominate a game more than any player in the nba.

Dwight is at an athletic level far above anyone else in the league not named lebron james.

If everything every comes together for dwight he could be the best center ever. Right now, all he's got consistently is a dunk and a hook.

Every once in a while he shows some amazing moves that get him right to the rim.

Howards ceiling eclipses bynums. right now bynum is more polished.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

bynum is the better player, Dwight could potentially dominate a game more than any player in the nba.

Dwight is at an athletic level far above anyone else in the league not named lebron james.

If everything every comes together for dwight he could be the best center ever. Right now, all he's got consistently is a dunk and a hook.

Every once in a while he shows some amazing moves that get him right to the rim.

Howards ceiling eclipses bynums. right now bynum is more polished.

Finally, a sensible poster. I agree with most of what you said. Dwight has the potential to be the best ever. Can that be said about Bynum? I don't think i'd say Bynum is the better player though. He is clearly not Dwight's equal on defense, and while he is more polished on offense he is not the load Dwight is down there. To suggest that Bynum could overtake Dwight is laughable IMO. What Dwight has once in a generation talent.

Lol I have no idea what you were crying about. If you actually READ my post you'd see that I clearly implied that Dwight is nothing more than raw talent, and that the other poster agrees that once in a while he'll show a nice move, otherwise it's all dunks. Bynum on the other hand has a much more complete game, so you saying that Bynum is not even in the same league as dwight is dumb. Right now Bynum is the better player and will be unless we see dwight translate his raw talent into a more polished game, which is anyones guess when or even if it will happen.

Bynum is good, but overrated. His offensive game is more rounded than Dwight's is, but he also has Kobe Bryant on his team and doesn't deal with the double teams and take as much of a physical beating as Dwight does. Dwight is a better all around player than Bynum, but Andrew is an improving player and could potentially be the best in the league someday. But to say he's better than Dwight just because he can score in more ways is stupid.

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

Bynum is good, but overrated. His offensive game is more rounded than Dwight's is, but he also has Kobe Bryant on his team and doesn't deal with the double teams and take as much of a physical beating as Dwight does. Dwight is a better all around player than Bynum, but Andrew is an improving player and could potentially be the best in the league someday. But to say he's better than Dwight just because he can score in more ways is stupid.

Amen brother, but i'm not sure i'd say he could be the best in the league. He is improving though and i like the kid. but as long as Dwight, Oden and Yoa are playing, he's in the second or third tier of big men IMO.