quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by Carlitos Way:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

No idea what the Dutch are whinging about, they were lucky to not have 2 sent off in the 1st half. Was a horrible game by the Dutch, they just spent half the game kicking Spain.

Fixed. Half of those were flops by Spain.

Fixed I want to kick you like the dutch kicked them all game long see if you would flop...

Any way congratulations to Spain!!!! We finally won a World Cup...

Thanks.

Thanks.

Homer, homer, homer, homer, homer. The one kick to chest was obviously a foul, but there were numerous times when a Spain player would fall to the ground after an attempted Dutch tackle and they were not even touched. To make it worse they were holding their shins like they had a career ending injury and then would spring up after the Dutch player was booked. Spain was the better team, but they were a disgrace out there with their flopping. They looked like the Celtics.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by Carlitos Way:

quote:

quote:

No idea what the Dutch are whinging about, they were lucky to not have 2 sent off in the 1st half. Was a horrible game by the Dutch, they just spent half the game kicking Spain.

Fixed. Half of those were flops by Spain.

Fixed I want to kick you like the dutch kicked them all game long see if you would flop...

Any way congratulations to Spain!!!! We finally won a World Cup...

Thanks.

Thanks.

Homer, homer, homer, homer, homer. The one kick to chest was obviously a foul, but there were numerous times when a Spain player would fall to the ground after an attempted Dutch tackle and they were not even touched. To make it worse they were holding their shins like they had a career ending injury and then would spring up after the Dutch player was booked. Spain was the better team, but they were a disgrace out there with their flopping. They looked like the Celtics.

I'm too happy to argue. . . . but . . . if you came out of that game thinking about how the Spaniards flop instead of how the Dutch tackled, you don't watch a lot of games.

Two things to ponder on.

1. They all flop.

2. The Dutch where on a tackling rampage.

Even the Dutch press is calling them out for just hitting instead of playing. The kick to the chest, by the way, was an obvious Red Card, not just a foul. The Dutch got lucky there.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

I hope that your win will help us host the 2018 World Cup.

How is that supposed to help you?

Spain is getting bigger and bigger as a Football powerhouse so they deserve to host a World Cup, and Spain wants to host it along with Portugal.

Can't lie its another World Cup I enjoyed. Team USA put forth a lot better effort this time around but I really felt they could of advanced over Ghana.

My favorites to win it all coming into the start was Argentina, Germany, Brazil and Spain. I was pretty shocked to see Argentina and Brazil go out the way they did but oh well. I really grew onto Germany taking it after the way they demolished Argentina however went against them vs Spain.

As for the overall officiating its been a pain to go from the NBA's to FIFA's. As ESPN discussed the use of technology clearly, FIFA has detested further usage of it.

I'm not into the Premier League or any other clubs really as I'm too drawn into the NBA but I'm looking to get into it. Any recommendations where to start?

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

Can't lie its another World Cup I enjoyed. Team USA put forth a lot better effort this time around but I really felt they could of advanced over Ghana.

My favorites to win it all coming into the start was Argentina, Germany, Brazil and Spain. I was pretty shocked to see Argentina and Brazil go out the way they did but oh well. I really grew onto Germany taking it after the way they demolished Argentina however went against them vs Spain.

As for the overall officiating its been a pain to go from the NBA's to FIFA's. As ESPN discussed the use of technology clearly, FIFA has detested further usage of it.

I'm not into the Premier League or any other clubs really as I'm too drawn into the NBA but I'm looking to get into it. Any recommendations where to start?

UEFA Champions league is your best bet. The best teams from all the different Europoean leagues hold this yearly tournament running concurrently with their regular seasons.

The best of the best. To top it off, they generally play on weekdays. I just set my DVR to Fox's Soccer channel and enjoy.

If you start liking a particular team there, then you can dive into their regular league.

quote:

quote:

as a european, I would love the WC to be back on my home continent (much cheaper to visit!) but I can't see there being one in europe until at least 2022 and most likely 2026. FIFA likes to rotate between the continental governing bodies (although there probably won't be another African host for another 30 years) and with Germany having had the 2006 WC, the 2018 WC is more likely to be back in Asia or even in Oceania for the first time. I reckon CONCACAF should have a good shout at getting it in 2022

This isn't true. FIFA have already confirmed that the 2018 world cup will be played in Europe, hence why there are only European countries left in the bidding (most other countries have changed to the 2022 world cup) The two favourites to host are England and Russia though the joint bid of Spain and Portugal will have improved thanks to Spains win (plus they have the backing of most Latin countries)

As for Chevy,

if you are going to watch a league I would suggest the English premier league. It's played at a frantic pace and as such is always entertaining. It's also the most competitive league in terms of how close the top 8 teams finish to each other as opposed to the Spanish league where the best two teams finish close to 30 points ahead of any other team. Watching either Barcelona or Arsenal would be your best bet though, they are both widely regarded as the two teams which play the most attractive football.

now that you say it, that sounds familiar but my bad for not paying close enough attention

I agree about Bar

Or you can watch the Brazilian league, because it usually has no absolutely no defense and it's probably more enjoyable for someone interested in more goals.

I definitely prefer (as a whole) watching the South American qualifiers and sub 23 (or 21, forgot) leagues, and would also rather watch most European leagues, but I can only imagine for someone not very interested in soccer, watching a league that's pretty much all offense should be better to start off...

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

width="480"

height="385"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

/>

/>

value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LReEyclVyI&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LReEyclVyI&hl=en_US&fs=1"

width="480"

height="385"

/>

Robinho's team. I really can't tell you exactly where to look for games, all I do is look for players I know on youtube and will get those foreign games. Eventually I learn the team's names and look them up, etc

oh yeah, and flopping is VERY rare. Sure, there are those players that still do it, but it's very rare to see many Brazilian/South American players flopping. It's just not something that happens often there.

Watch out for this guy for the next cup, by the way

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuWFWaws7o4&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

All you did during the thread was Brazil this, Brazil that, either showing a great lack of knowledge of other teams, or trying to picture yourself as a loyal verde amarelha fan, which was as repetitive as the dutch losing important games.

How does talking about Brazil and most other South American teams show anything other than the fact that those are my favorite teams to watch?

and no, that's wasn't all that did. Everyone else already mentioned the main/best leagues, just giving the guy some more options. Complaining about someone talking about a certain team makes you sound bitter.