Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN Radio talking about Brian Hill

quote:
What I'm saying is maybe you haven't come to reality that this team isn't good enough to be a Top 4 team. I mean you think they should be up there with Detroit? Dwight is 22. Ariza is 21. Jameer is 24. Darko is 21. Outside of Dwight, whos on the verge of superstar, we have no one even close to that or anyone who has experience. Why do you think we play so inconsistent?

Right now theres a two game swing between number 6 and 4 . I never said number one but yes I think we could be a game behind the fourth spot.

What do you mean we have no one with experience? Hill and Turk don't qualify? and yet we've lost more than two or three games with Turk throwing up bricks with wild abandonmnet under a green light from Bhill even on nights when it obvious he doesn't have it. If not for that alone we very well could be still ahead of Wadeless Miami.

8th spot? Okay I see where some losses put us back up from ninth. We don't play one night and a team loses and we are going to the playoffs? Is that what everyone is happy about?

Anyway for the record I am not hoping they don't make the playoffs. I could even live with Bhill if he woke up. and I think he's more likely to wake up with people calling his job performance into question

quote:
And transposing my ID letters to read something less than flattering was meant to be a compliment??

Where did I say I was complimenting you? I thanked you for posting it because it illustrated a point. "that piece" was not written "your piece". That piece is clearly an attack on those of us that would like Bhill held accountable and you are on record in this thread that the focus should be taken away from Bhill.

So again there was never any doubt on my part that it was not written by you.

quote:
Isn't it kind of nice when your star player stands for integrity?.......and do a dunk with a sticker quoting a bible verse on it for the whole world to see.

Kind of makes you want to pull for a team that has a star player with that kind of values.

Yes it does. I love that but I don't understand something that you might be able to explain. Isn't the owner of the Magic also a committed Christian? I do not understand the allegiance to a coach that acts like BHill often does on the sidelines. The whole tirades on the sidelines must be a real turn off to a Christian ball player.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:
What I'm saying is maybe you haven't come to reality that this team isn't good enough to be a Top 4 team. I mean you think they should be up there with Detroit? Dwight is 22. Ariza is 21. Jameer is 24. Darko is 21. Outside of Dwight, whos on the verge of superstar, we have no one even close to that or anyone who has experience. Why do you think we play so inconsistent?

Right now theres a two game swing between number 6 and 4 . I never said number one but yes I think we could be a game behind the fourth spot.

What do you mean we have no one with experience? Hill and Turk don't qualify? and yet we've lost more than two or three games with Turk throwing up bricks with wild abandonmnet under a green light from Bhill even on nights when it obvious he doesn't have it. If not for that alone we very well could be still ahead of Wadeless Miami.

8th spot? Okay I see where some losses put us back up from ninth. We don't play one night and a team loses and we are going to the playoffs? Is that what everyone is happy about?

Anyway for the record I am not hoping they don't make the playoffs. I could even live with Bhill if he woke up. and I think he's more likely to wake up with people calling his job performance into question

When has Turk ever been to the big dance? Grant Hill? Are you serious? That man is always out with injuries. Sure he helps a little but the main core is so young, they don't know what to expect. Jameer? Never been and only in his 3rd year. 3 years is still a baby in NBA years. Dwight? The man came from high school and hes a baby as well. Darko? This is his first legit year where hes gotten consistent PT. What experience does one have just watching from the bench? Ariza? What experience does he have?

Do you know why Turk struggled because hes not a spot up shooter like some people think he is. Him and Grant Hill conflict each other. Hedo blows up when he creates and gets to run iso's for himself. When GHill plays, its GHill running iso's (he can't spot up shoot) and it forces Hedo to become one dimensional.

Oh and that Wadeless Miami has more experience then Orlando. A crapload more.

Yeah I see possible losses too but why even focus on that? Why not focus on each game as they come and just focus on getting the playoffs? Its not that hard and might actually do some good.

BTW, I do think BHill has woken up a bit. If you remember he actually sat down with his team and asked them their input. He told them to have a players meeting in which they did. Thats so not BHill. Thats a start.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:
Isn't it kind of nice when your star player stands for integrity?.......and do a dunk with a sticker quoting a bible verse on it for the whole world to see.

Kind of makes you want to pull for a team that has a star player with that kind of values.

Yes it does. I love that but I don't understand something that you might be able to explain. Isn't the owner of the Magic also a committed Christian? I do not understand the allegiance to a coach that acts like BHill often does on the sidelines. The whole tirades on the sidelines must be a real turn off to a Christian ball player.

Don't get it twisted. Dwight is a Christian but hes human too. In that Dallas game he looked straight at Stackhouse who was talking smack to him and told him "What you wanna do?"

Christians aren't perfect. Its why they follow Christ in the first place.

illustrates the point doesn't it? IF Turk and Hill are so unreliable then what are they doing in there night in and night out? Right now the core of this team includes both of them and if they can't play together then whose fault is it for putting them on the court together?

quote:
Yeah I see possible losses too but why even focus on that? Why not focus on each game as they come and just focus on getting the playoffs? Its not that hard and might actually do some good.

and how do you focus on getting to the playoffs? BY focusing on your roster and finding out how to get the most out of them. I guarantee you that Firebrianhill.org creates much greater focus For Bhill in that regard then silence or even "Rah-Rah do you believe?" ever will.

quote:
And transposing my ID letters to read something less than flattering was meant to be a compliment??

Corrected. No insult was intended. H and N are very similiar on my screen and I wouldn't have thought anything of it if your name had been BnHole. Too infantile for my mind to even go there but I can understand some kiddie might think I was insulting you so my apologies

quote:

Yes. I'm a christian just like Dwight Howard.

Everyone is a christian these days out of convenience unfortunately, not singling out anyone just trying to make a point. Brian Hill is a christian, sort of.. I mean he's catholic. Yet his nedgative demeanor, curse words and deflecting the blame for his poor coaching doesn't make me believe he's a christian at all, probably not even a practicing catholic.

I can't stand that phony "thank God" line everyone uses nowadays just to sound holier than thou. Rappers who talk about murdering and calling women ho's would like people to believe they are "believers" just because they say thank God!

Some who have mentioned God before like Deion Sanders, Kanye West, etc haven't exactly been humble or very good role models. It's so refreshing to see a cool, young, popular athlete like Howard remain humble and not afraid to say God is his first priority.

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:

Everyone is a christian these days out of convenience unfortunately, not singling out anyone just trying to make a point. Brian Hill is a christian, sort of.. I mean he's catholic. Yet his negative demeanor, curse words and deflecting the blame for his poor coaching doesn't make me believe he's a christian at all. It's so refreshing to see a cool, young, popular athlete like Howard remain humble and not afraid to say God is his first priority.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Howard is a breath of fresh air.

I guess I should have put this in my orignal post and maybe everyone would have understood better. I don't think there's a person on these boards that doesn't think Brian Hill has shortcomings and is deficient in his coaching. I've seen him admit it in public and confess he's trying to control it. The guy is just a high-strung dude.

What Bhnole, Fendi, Magic28, myself and others are trying to say is try to focus on the team and getting them into the playoffs instead of the inadaquacies of the coaching which at this time we can do nothing about.

I garuntee you Dwight, Trevor, Jameer and all the guys are itching to make the playoffs.

It would only further enhance Dwight and his christian values to a bigger stage as a professional ball player and "role model".

I still trip out when I go to the Magic games and Dwight is on the big screen professing "Finding Nemo" as his favorite movie!

He's a breath of fresh air, what else can you say.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:

Everyone is a christian these days out of convenience unfortunately, not singling out anyone just trying to make a point. Brian Hill is a christian, sort of.. I mean he's catholic. Yet his negative demeanor, curse words and deflecting the blame for his poor coaching doesn't make me believe he's a christian at all. It's so refreshing to see a cool, young, popular athlete like Howard remain humble and not afraid to say God is his first priority.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Howard is a breath of fresh air.

I guess I should have put this in my orignal post and maybe everyone would have understood better. I don't think there's a person on these boards that doesn't think Brian Hill has shortcomings and is deficient in his coaching. I've seen him admit it in public and confess he's trying to control it. The guy is just a high-strung dude.

What Bhnole, Fendi, Magic28, myself and others are trying to say is try to focus on the team and getting them into the playoffs instead of the inadaquacies of the coaching which at this time we can do nothing about.

I garuntee you Dwight, Trevor, Jameer and all the guys are itching to make the playoffs.

It would only further enhance Dwight and his christian values to a bigger stage as a professional ball player and "role model".

I still trip out when I go to the Magic games and Dwight is on the big screen professing "Finding Nemo" as his favorite movie!

He's a breath of fresh air, what else can you say.

Well said Junkie, I think that is something EVERYONE can agree on - Dwight is special and we are SO lucky to have him as our franchise player!

As I believe that religion is the most horrible topic to talk about on a date and between anonymous persons such as ourselves.

Religion is a factor in RDV and Dwight Howard.

In fact, I think we are the only team in the NBA who has a player like Dwight Howard.