Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN Radio talking about Brian Hill

I stay committed in my stance - no wavering! Brian Hill is a disaster as a coach - he can't coach and should be allowed to do something that he could be good at - it is not coaching basketball.

Sorry Junkie, I couldn't disagree more. Will I support the team wholeheartedly? Absolutely! Will I continue to be critical of B Hill and his assinine coaching decisions? Absolutely!

Some of you guys seem to equate being critical of one of the worst coaches in the associaton as somehow being less of a fan. I couldn't disagree more. Before last season began, the majority of Magic fans thought we would be in the post-season. This season, the playoffs were supposed to be a sure thing (the majority of fans on this board picked us to win 50 games before the seaosn began). Despite our hot start, we currently sit 4 games below .500. Our winning percentage during the last 44 games is .340. That winning percentage is 4th worst in the Eastern Conference during that span.

The bottom line is, this team has to make one heck of an impressive run to make the post-season and if it weren't for Brian Hill's mistakes, we would be talking about pushing into the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs right now instead of somehow managing to sneak into the 8th spot.

Sorry, but Brian Hill led us to a 36 win season last year and is well on his way to matching that mark this season. He just won't ever get my vote of confidence until he proves he's anything other than a decent assistant coach.

I do agree with junkie, very nice post. I think the support is what is lacking on this team right now. If only we can get into the act of having the support back when we were 13-4 and 16-6 last season, I don't see any problem here. I've been watching some other team's NBA, and man, not even an empty seat, and the crowd is so into it. Its depressing to watch losing games, but when we show support on our team, win or lose, wouldn't that inspire them?

Anyway, Bob said it all. He knows what Brian is doing, and he knows that Brian is capable of coaching in this level. However, I hope he do realize that although Brian is capable of coaching in this level, Brian will never ever be the coach that will bring us the championship, he will only bring the strict discipline our players will practice in their career.

Brian Hill in a way is a good coach for a young team,he's showing these young guys that if your in the league long enough,and are a veteran no matter how bad you are,if he's your coach you will get playing time. If we make the post season he stays.and if we dont,then he will get an extension,so I rather make the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Sorry Junkie, I couldn't disagree more. Will I support the team wholeheartedly? Absolutely! Will I continue to be critical of B Hill and his assinine coaching decisions? Absolutely!

Some of you guys seem to equate being critical of one of the worst coaches in the associaton as somehow being less of a fan. I couldn't disagree more.

Smack, crticizing and critiquing is fine. It in fact creates good conversation when discussing the team. I don't doubt for a second where your loyalties lie. And I certainly don't think of you or anybody else that crticizes Brian Hill as less of a fan. As I said in my initial post, I agree with most of the criticisms.

My objection is when posters insult the man's intelligence by name calling or cursing him out. Do I agree with everything he does? Certainly not. Do I like the position our team is in when I expected better results? Certainly not.

Does that mean I'm gonna rant and rave and call Coach Hill every name in the book? Certainly not.

I don't look at others as better than me. And I don't think I'm better than anybody else. I try to respect what others do even when I don't agree with it.

Cursing someone out or insulting their intelligence when you don't agree with them is a form of disrespect.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Bj,are you a realigous man? You are quite the humble person,and as I see you are much respected on this site,much props man,lol!

quote:
I don't look at others as better than me. And I don't think I'm better than anybody else. I try to respect what others do even when I don't agree with it.

Cursing someone out or insulting their intelligence when you don't agree with them is a form of disrespect.

Very well spoken ...I'm honored to know you.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:

do you guys really know eachother? How many of you guys on the board know eachother in real life? I would have started a thread about this,but nobody looks in the other forums.

Very well spoken ...I'm honored to know you.

There are a number of fans like ball junkie that want to wait. I want these guys aboard the Fire Brian Hill bandwagon. I think the best we can hope for is to get their support when the Magic don't make the playoffs.

I don't believe my personal actions are detrimental to supporting the team, coaches, and members of this board. If they are, please tell me about it and I will do better.

I continue to believe that Brian Hill should be fired now and I will continue to support that effort.

I do not believe we will make the playoffs with this coach. I agree with Charles and Kenny that say the "Orlando Magic are cooked".

Insulting people by name calling is always poor form so I can understand that point but there seems a move afoot to create a politically correct board where you are painted as less than full of character for not liking the job BHill is doing and expressing that opinion.

I'll pass on that. As a Human being Bhill has my support. I wish him no ill will. If he is fired I would be the first to be pleased that his contract continues to be honored but I think it is beyond obvious that he is not the man that will bring a championship to the Magic.

Support the coach if you will. I will support the average Joe that plunks down his cash to attend games and buy Magic gear on a salary nowhere near what a head coach in the NBA makes. I'll support that fan's dream of seeing a winning and entertaining product that can actually compete for a championship. I'll support the desire of Orlando residents to finally see a ticker tape parade downtown. I won't support one man against the collective wishes of all fans.

Theres no way this team should be teetering into lottery territory. Go check how awful the Eastern Conference is and tell me this team is being coached properly. Enough with the PC movement. Supporting Fans getting a quality product is no less virtuous than supporting a man who gets paid to do his job when he isn't doing it. Its actually more virtuous.