Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Iverson, Grizzlies agree to part ways

quote:
The Grizzlies announced Monday in a statement that the team has ended its one-year contract with the 10-time All-Star and former league MVP in what it called a mutual agreement. Iverson is expected to be placed on waivers by 6 p.m. ET Monday, a league source told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4661327

I wonder what team will sign him? I think the Knicks should take a shot at AI.

quote:
The Grizzlies announced Monday in a statement that the team has ended its one-year contract with the 10-time All-Star and former league MVP in what it called a mutual agreement. Iverson is expected to be placed on waivers by 6 p.m. ET Monday, a league source told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4661327

I wonder what team will sign him? I think the Knicks should take a shot at AI.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Iverson will sign with the Bobcats or the Cavs. Book it.

I would not like Iverson in Cleveland. That is a very weak spot for them and even a decaying Iverson would be an improvement.

On the Mason and Ireland show out here in LA, Stephen A. Smith was saying that he's talked to several people close to AI (including AI himself) who have said that the main reason for Iverson's departure is because of personal problems.

He's got two teenage kids who are acting up and a pissed off baby momma who hates that he's never there. His frustration has carried over into basketball. I mean not even AI would want to quit after only 3 games. The guy missed all of training camp and I think most of the preseason so even he wouldn't ask to be cut after only 3 games where he got decent playing time.