Ryan the Magic Fan

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Detroit Pistons 11/3/09

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by Mister 4th Quarter:

I don't think we should play VC this game. He should make his return tomorrow, so that he doesn't have to play in a back to back situation after the injury.

Having MP would definitely help. I still see us winning with or without VC and MP. Dwight & Nelson will carry them.

The Pistons need to learn tonight that their aura over this team is done. The Magic need to take them out, and take them out hard. Annihilate any resemblence to anything the Pistons could carry from the previous few years.

So I would go ahead and start VC (assuming he can go), and blow these guys out early. Limit his minutes to about 20 so that he will still be fresh for tomorrow. Might even help him stretch it out a little before tomorrow's game.

But I am more concerned about removing this Pistons-mindset than I am a single game against the Suns.

As you say, hopefully MP will be back. When you play against a team like the Pistons, you need to be as stocked as possible because the games can get rugged, and foul troubles develop.

The Pistons don't need to learn anything, its the Magic that need to take the monkey of their back. This ain't about the Pistons, its about the Magic.

This is a very different Pistons team, it won't even be close.

You are absolutely right, KLR.

I want this type of win so that the Magic don't have this in their psyche anymore.

I really do not care if the cast has changed either. I would still like the Magic to defeat the Pistons. The Pistons turn into fighter jets with biceps (copyright: DOM) every time we play them.

quote:
Originally posted by bayoyin:

vince play tonight?

Per Denton, not expected to play. And Peaches has a respiratory infection.

The Detroit Pistons are the new Atlanta Hawks.

Here's what I mean. Last year, everyone.. even I.. was scared to death of the ATL. They had our number beating us God knows how many games out of God knows how many games in a row. Like, 9 out of 11 or some such nonsense, even though 2 seasons ago we clearly had a better team than they did. But what happened last year when we met the Hawks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Yh44&feature=related

In a word, domination. It felt like a year or so late.. but the Magic got the monkey of ATL off their back.

Enter Detroit. No Chauncey Billups. No Sheed. No McDyess. I said NO MCDYESS. Realize how many times this particular guy killed us, with the jump shot or the offensive board? Yeah, it's even worse than you already think. No Larry Brown or Flip Saunders, don't underestimate that. Probably no Hamilton.

This ain't your "Who's yo' Daddy??" Detroit Pistons. There's three things to be worried about in this game. Perennial Magic Killer (of the "well-known player" variety) Ben Gordon. The Magic's Psyche. My Pistons X-Factor. The Magic when healthy, should win handily. Quite frankly, even with a piece or two missing the Magic should still win.

It'll just feel a year or so late.

So who's that X-Factor, you ask..?

X-Factors:

For the Pistons, I think it's pretty clearly Rodney Stuckey. He's something just above a Magic Killa Alert, because he HAS been one, including the playoffs. Stuckey seems to get it going against us for some reason, yet overall he hasn't really turned the corner as an NBA player. Overall he's solid at best. But he'll need to be more than just solid when he sees "Magic v. Pistons" on the schedule, if the Pistons want a decent shot at winning, even at home.

For the Magic I'm not going out on a limb. Brandon Bass is here because of games like this. I think it was correct to lean on Mr. Anderson against Toronto, but this is the other end of the spectrum and Bass needs at LEAST 25 minutes played tonight, if not 28 plus. So SVG is a bit of an X-Factor tonight himself in this regard. It's up to him to let the Bassinator loose!

At Pistons, Suns, Pistons. I think we're losing one of these three games, but by early returns so far, I think it's the Suns game. Which in turn means, Magic beat the Pistons. I only question by how much?

(With VC & MP)

Orlando 115

Detroit 93

(With only one of them)

Orlando 102

Detroit 89

(Without either VC or MP)

Orlando 91

Detroit 85

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

To be fair, the quote is actually "a fighter jet made out of biceps", and I definitely stole it from a video I saw online, complete with a photoshopped picture of a fighter jet made out of flexing biceps.

powerthirst?

The Pistons have owned us since 2003. The Pistons have more of a monkey or hex or jinx on us than the Hawks ever did. The Pistons swept one of the previous greatest Magic team in history last season and they were a horrible team.

Its times that these players set their attitudes straight. They should not only being this themselves but doing it for the fans that have witnessed the "ownage" that the Pistons have skeeted upon them.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

To be fair, the quote is actually "a fighter jet made out of biceps", and I definitely stole it from a video I saw online, complete with a photoshopped picture of a fighter jet made out of flexing biceps.

powerthirst?

Powerthirst 2, actually. Overall not as good as the first Powerthirst, but had the funnier individual moments of the 2.

"When God hands you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD!" is the funniest line in either video, and had me laughing to the point of tears for 5 minutes after the video was over.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

powerthirst?

Powerthirst 2, actually. Overall not as good as the first Powerthirst, but had the funnier individual moments of the 2.

"When God hands you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD!" is the funniest line in either video, and had me laughing to the point of tears for 5 minutes after the video was over.

real lightning and Kenyans is hard to top IMO...

quote:
Originally posted by EwingsMagic25:

Does anyone know of any websites that broadcast the game live. Orlando Magic games aren't exactly the most televised things up here in NY. Instead its always the awful Cavs or Knicks games.

NBA League Pass Broadband, today is last free day or tomorow ?