Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Detroit Pistons 11/3/09

I always bring my iTouch and have a FoxSports app that gives me scores. But after a month or so they've started to block internet access without a password. I have no clue what the password is so I'm out of luck.

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

Good game thread! And to reply to a post I saw. Our PA at the arena is saying VC now instead of Vince Carter whenever he scores lol

Yes, and I think that is AWESOME.

Even though he's being big about it, I feel bad for M4GIC about the game thread. I mean we have a bolded, sticky thread about doing the Game Threads. I hope this doesn't become a trend for future games...

By the way. "It's the darn friggin bleep bleep bleeping Pistons." FTW.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

Good game thread! And to reply to a post I saw. Our PA at the arena is saying VC now instead of Vince Carter whenever he scores lol

Even though he's being big about it, I feel bad for M4GIC about the game thread. I mean we have a bolded, sticky thread about doing the Game Threads. I hope this doesn't become a trend for future games...

lol it's no big deal. long season. plenty more game threads will need to be made.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

I love when Vince hit that 3 in the New Jersey game a couple of nights ago, the Nets PA screwed up and yelled out "V-C FOR.....three (when he said three, he relized he screwed up and said it silently)."

I don't know that I will ever understand the signing of Charlie Villanueva for Detroit...while I don't totally dislike CV, I don't much like him either, I would probably really dislike him if he was on my team...Flashes of greatness one game followed by 20 games of mediocrity...has CV ever really had a great game against the Magic? he seems to go limp when we play his teams...I remember him putting up like 25 points on us one night vs. Toronto and that was a night where he couldn't miss and I dont think he did anything else in that game, just shoot...

idk, just rambling...

I don't think we should play VC this game. He should make his return tomorrow, so that he doesn't have to play in a back to back situation after the injury.

Having MP would definitely help. I still see us winning with or without VC and MP. Dwight & Nelson will carry them.

quote:
Originally posted by Mister 4th Quarter:

I don't think we should play VC this game. He should make his return tomorrow, so that he doesn't have to play in a back to back situation after the injury.

Having MP would definitely help. I still see us winning with or without VC and MP. Dwight & Nelson will carry them.

The Pistons need to learn tonight that their aura over this team is done. The Magic need to take them out, and take them out hard. Annihilate any resemblence to anything the Pistons could carry from the previous few years.

So I would go ahead and start VC (assuming he can go), and blow these guys out early. Limit his minutes to about 20 so that he will still be fresh for tomorrow. Might even help him stretch it out a little before tomorrow's game.

But I am more concerned about removing this Pistons-mindset than I am a single game against the Suns.

As you say, hopefully MP will be back. When you play against a team like the Pistons, you need to be as stocked as possible because the games can get rugged, and foul troubles develop.