Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

No Howard. where would we be?

With Dwight we are the Eastern Conference champions and possibly the best team in the league. Without Dwight, we are the 06-07 Phoenix Suns. Not bad either. We can still gun teams out of their minds. And man, we would have some small, deadly lineups. Can you imagine two versatile players like Shard and Ryan Anderson on the floor at the same time? We would be at least the 4th best team in the east behind CLE, BOS, WAS

This has been my main point on why LeBron WILL go to the New York Knicks, they're a better team. The Cavs without LeBron are without a doubt the worst team in the league. The Knicks currently, although bad, are somewhat competitive. I'll take Harrington, Robinson and Lee over Mo, Shaq, and Flop any day of the week.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

This has been my main point on why LeBron WILL go to the New York Knicks, they're a better team. The Cavs without LeBron are without a doubt the worst team in the league. The Knicks currently, although bad, are somewhat competitive. I'll take Harrington, Robinson and Lee over Mo, Shaq, and Flop any day of the week.

Amen Bro. But i think with shaq coming off the books they'll have the cash to bring in at least another difference maker.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Amen Bro. But i think with shaq coming off the books they'll have the cash to bring in at least another difference maker.

The Knicks got cash too, and Brooklyn has a TON of cash (seriously, who are they paying there?). I'll add that team to it as well, I'll take Harris, Lee and Lopez over Mo, Shaq and Flop all day.

This season:

Nelson/J.Will/AJ

Carter/Pietrus/JJ

Barnes/Pietrus/Carter

Lewis/Bass/Anderson

Gortat/Bass/Anderson

50+ wins?

Maybe home court in the first round, maybe not.

Look at last years playoffs and remove the best player from each team.

I think Gortat showed that we didn't need Dwight to run Philly out of their own gym. Now you take away Iggy from the equation and it's no contest.

Boston was already playing without (arguably) their best player, and did a great job containing Dwight with one on one defense, it wasn't Dwight that beat Boston, it was the rest of the team.

Cleveland had no answer for Lewis, and without LeBron, they would have had no offense either.

Lakers, without Kobe, might not have made it to the finals, but assuming they did, an Orlando team short their All-Star center would have had some serious problems matching up size with a stacked Lakers team. Might have been an interesting series though.

I think the Magic could easily win 45 to 50 games without Dwight, especially in the East.

With Warlock wrestling bears I can see it easily for Magic to make 3-5 seed and passing first round too. But after hitting Cavs or Celts, well not getting sweaped would be a success.

Hmm but really it's complicated and early to answer that, after 2 months of regular season after seeing all Magic pieces work it would be easier.

We don't really know how good Warlock is, he is nothing like Howard in offense of course, joke to compare but at defense I can see him filling Superman shoes. I really hope heh (do not crucify me) Howard will catch 3 week injury in regular season and we would see Gortat showing what he could be in like 8 games in a row. And Magic could really benefit that becouse his value could jump a lot.

Other pieces, Jameer back to his pre-injury self, Carter fitting in, Bass and Anderson becoming what we realistically think they can. I Magic would have chance of making suprise and stealing one round from Celtics or Cavs. But East champs or all the way not possible.

Celtics are the only playoff team that could be in better situation than Magic after losing best player.

I agree we would go much further without dwight then they would without bron. but what does that say about dwight. we need him, but he's no bron. he can't take over a game as consistently as bron can.

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

I agree we would go much further without dwight then they would without bron. but what does that say about dwight. we need him, but he's no bron. he can't take over a game as consistently as bron can.

A jordanless Chicago made the playoffs. Is that an indictment on Jordan, or does that simply mean that the bulls was still a good team? Dwight can't dominate on the offensive end like Lebron, but he dominates on the defensive end. He may not dominate the ball on the offensive end like Lebron, but like him he makes life easier on everyone else and raises their game just by being on the court.