Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Orlando Magic Daily wants to talk about Vince(link)

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

does anyone else think Dwight is kinda being a ***** about VInce? Of course we stick behind Dwight he's the franchise

but why does he rip on Vince more than say how happy he is to have him on the team. "half man half retired" is FOR SURE an insult whether he was jokingn around or not. Dwight needs to grow up a bit mentally.

Agreed- Dwight's maturity level leaves alot to be desired.

Dwight can sometimes be a bit on the childish side, but you should be thankful he is a fun loving character to doesn't try to hide is love for fun and silly things. He could have been a self-centric ego-maniac trying to globalize his own name/brand and acting all untouchable.

I will gladly look past his shortcomings when it comes to maturity, that is, being a bit childish sometimes, instead of him being a guy who thinks of himself as stocks on the rise.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Dwight can sometimes be a bit on the childish side, but you should be thankful he is a fun loving character to doesn't try to hide is love for fun and silly things. He could have been a self-centric ego-maniac trying to globalize his own name/brand and acting all untouchable.

I will gladly look past his shortcomings when it comes to maturity, that is, being a bit childish sometimes, instead of him being a guy who thinks of himself as stocks on the rise.

I Agree with you and had not looked at that way.

What an incredible thread. All I've read for the last 2 months is how everyone cannot wait for camps to open so that we have something to talk about.

So someone starts a thread to actually discuss game action, and he gets ripped for it?

Then everyone twists it to make it sound like VC is being crucified in the OP.

Geez, it was an observation of a single game. The 3-12 caught my eye right away too. But so did D12 going 9-17 from the FT line. And JJ going 0-4 from 3-pt land and getting 20 minutes.

And the newcomers accounting for nearly 50% of our points. And Anderson getting a DNP-CD.

But the article was about VC, it wasn't about the other things, so that's what was posted.

Either that, or please ask the mods to establish a rule of when actual basketball action can be discussed on these boards, because it's just so much more fun talking about potential trades of JJ for Bosh, who we are going to sign to sit in a suit for 82 games next to Foyle. Those things are so much more intriguing.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

quote:

does anyone else think Dwight is kinda being a ***** about VInce? Of course we stick behind Dwight he's the franchise

but why does he rip on Vince more than say how happy he is to have him on the team. "half man half retired" is FOR SURE an insult whether he was jokingn around or not. Dwight needs to grow up a bit mentally.

Are you guys serious? Its a joke! The team was ripping on AJ all last season because of his age. If this team didn't joke with each other they wouldn't have the bond that they have.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

Are you guys serious? Its a joke! The team was ripping on AJ all last season because of his age. If this team didn't joke with each other they wouldn't have the bond that they have.

Gotta agree here. This is the spirit of this locker room. Dwight's light-hearted banter that he forces on the locker room is the perfect good cop / bad cop to SVG's intensity.

If VC's ego is that sensitive, then we have problems. But it isn't, and the writer of the article is expressing a concern that I don't think exists. If anything, it will make VC even more determined to prove he can still play at an All-star level. SVG challenges you by screaming at you. Dwight challenges you by playfully using comments to motivate you to prove yourself. Both methods can be effective, and it's great that the locker room has the freedom and flexibility to deal with these extremes.

quote:

quote:

clearly the both of you have never joked around or had friends and made fun of them for something ever.

quote:

sick, you are sick

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

clearly the both of you have never joked around or had friends and made fun of them for something ever.

They just sit on the computer and insult basketball players

quote:

Wow....no, not at all! I think they all need to learn each other as they are, and will! I will agree that there are areas where Dwight needs to mature in, but @ 23.....face it, no one is a complete package, in fact at 23, a lot of foul langauge was used by VC himself! I love both of these guys, but they are learning not just how to play together, but each other as well! They will make the adjustments!!

ive seen Dwight joke around plenty since he started taking over this team..

But settle, I didn't hear how he said "half man half retired" so I assumed he was saying it out of frustration from his 3 pt performance first pre season game.

quote:

ive seen Dwight joke around plenty since he started taking over this team..

But settle, I didn't hear how he said "half man half retired" so I assumed he was saying it out of frustration from his 3 pt performance first pre season game.

That just ain't Dwight at all to get frustrated at a guy like Vince for shooting threes in a preseason game.

If you think that, Hedo would never have gotten that Raptors deal because Dwight would have elbowed him into oblivion by now.

Calm down, it was all in good spirits, obviously.