Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

I know it's 1 pre-season game but...starting SF, Barnes or Pietrus?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

quote:
Originally posted by The Seventh Seal:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

If you know it's just one preseason game, why bother asking the question?

Why are you always *****in' about everything???

Lol, that's what a smartarse is all about.

You guys are adorable.

It's cute! I smiled.

smile_xmas.gif

We rock! smile_band.gif

I still think bass should definately be starting. I still like Barnes off the bench because he is inconsistent, but he played great yesterday. I loved his fts.

I liked the fact that Redick got to the ft line 10 times too, even though he only hit 7. Him and Barnes and Bass getting to the line and converting in the fourth is what sealed the game for us.

Aside from the fact that Pietrus can be that "spark plug", Barnes is a better passer. MP just seems to struggle when he plays the starting lineup because it seems as if possessions are magnified as opposed to coming off the bench where he can essentially play however he pleases.

Barnes is much better than Pietrus in a role where he is the fifth option and Pietrus is much better than Barnes as a third option. Pietrus should come off the bench, Barnes should start. Simple enough

I say start Barnes. I know Barnes wont do that every night but Pietrus is better off the bench and he doesnt mind! There aren't many players that dont mind coming off the bench and can give you 20+ points on any given night. The best players don't always start.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

i look forward to another thread being made after tomorrow's game claiming gortat should start over dwight because he was more effective during the game...

A comparison of Barnes and Pietrus is like trying to compare Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

Comparing Gortat and Howard is like comparing Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf.

One is a legitimate comparison, and one is not.

Okay, I admit it. I thought about going with the Jameer/Arroyo comparison again....

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

i look forward to another thread being made after tomorrow's game claiming gortat should start over dwight because he was more effective during the game...

A comparison of Barnes and Pietrus is like trying to compare Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

Comparing Gortat and Howard is like comparing Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf.

One is a legitimate comparison, and one is not.

Okay, I admit it. I thought about going with the Jameer/Arroyo comparison again....

the basis of comparison is still the same and that's the performance of a preseason game <3