Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Paul Shirley on Mr. Vazquez

junkie what do you expect for proof? I dont think brian hill will sign in and post on this thread....or will he?...you are really brian hill arent you.

I noticed you chose to side step the garrity thing...obviously theres nooooooexcuse for playing garrity, and you dont need a source to see that. That, for a fact, is on Hill.

Junkie, just stop. You're making yourself look bad. Please, just accept the fact that Napolean and Dave were the ones behind the picking of Fran and OTIS had no choice but to go with the flow.

Let me ask you this, if you're new on the job, and you have to make a decision, are you going to go with your gut or go with the opinion of someone who's been there a bit longer than you(Brian)and someone else who's displaying the same opinion as that other person (Dave)?

And if you're discrediting Ghost's points due to the fact there are no links (which, Solution provided), then why should we credit ANYONE (including yourself) with an "inside source"? Do you believe MagicConfid when he writes "Vince wants to come home?" Do you believe your "source" whenever he/she tells you what's going on within the organization WITHOUT providing any links?

What I'm trying to say is you believe what you want, when you want; and, in this situation, your "man-crush" (lol) on Brian Hill is causing you to not see the obvious.

NEXT!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Junkie, just stop. You're making yourself look bad. Please, just accept the fact that Napolean and Dave were the ones behind the picking of Fran and OTIS had no choice but to go with the flow.

Let me ask you this, if you're new on the job, and you have to make a decision, are you going to go with your gut or go with the opinion of someone who's been there a bit longer than you(Brian)and someone else who's displaying the same opinion as that other person (Dave)?

And if you're discrediting Ghost's points due to the fact there are no links (which, Solution provided), then why should we credit ANYONE (including yourself) with an "inside source"? Do you believe MagicConfid when he writes "Vince wants to come home?" Do you believe your "source" whenever he/she tells you what's going on within the organization WITHOUT providing any links?

What I'm trying to say is you believe what you want, when you want; and, in this situation, your "man-crush" (lol) on Brian Hill is causing you to not see the obvious.

NEXT!!!

Disappointed in you Nyce. That's all I got to say. I thought you were more of a quality poster than this.

Could it be that some of my posts were valid and that's what upset you?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Disappointed in you Nyce. That's all I got to say. I thought you were more of a quality poster than this.

Oh, no; definitely not upset about anything. Just trying to help you see the light, lol. A good majority of the board see and agree that Brian was behind the pick. And what confuses me is that, with this situation, you want nothing but cold hard facts, but with the Vince situation, which is nothing BUT SPECULATION, you're all on board and really believe he will be coming home this summer WITHOUT seeing any facts. I'm just not seeing how in situations alike, you use different logic to form your opinion. I hope I'm making sense.

And please don't think I'm trying to be offensive to you; definitely not my intension.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

Oh, no; definitely not upset about anything. Just trying to help you see the light, lol. A good majority of the board see and agree that Brian was behind the pick. And what confuses me is that, with this situation, you want nothing but cold hard facts, but with the Vince situation, which is nothing BUT SPECULATION, you're all on board and really believe he will be coming home this summer WITHOUT seeing any facts. I'm just not seeing how in situations alike, you use different logic to form your opinion. I hope I'm making sense.

And please don't think I'm trying to be offensive to you; definitely not my intension.

First off, if you haven't figured it out already I don't go along with the board just because the majority of it thinks one way. I learned a long time ago to listen to people's opinion but them form your conclusions with your "own" brain.

I'm also tired of repeating the same things cause I honestly don't enjoy typing that much. The point I'm trying to make for what I hope will be the last time is people in this thread were implicating Brian Hill "only". I think at this point we can "assume" it was Dave and Brian. I understand what you are saying about being the new man in charge and going with the flow. For the life of me I still can't understand why if your Otis you wouldn't at least talk to the guy or go see him workout. Especially when your name and reputation are on the line.

Now to Vince, sure I'd like him to come. Any up-grades to our roster is a welcome site. But no, I'm not convinced he's coming and I'm honestly wavering a bit on who we should try and get.

I used different logic in the 2 situations because I tire of seeing Brian be picked on and blamed without proof and I'm honestly not a big fan.

It amazes me the number of poster's to this board who think a new coach will solve all the problems. Amazing!

quote:

It amazes me the number of poster's to this board who think a new coach will solve all the problems. Amazing!

Show me one post or thread where a member says that replacing Brian Hill with a new coach will solve all the problems.

There are many members that want new ownership and players with leadership qualities and are tired of the franchise hiring choir boys.

I j.u;st t''hrew u,p/ a]ll o[ver; m;]y k]eyb]oard as I typed in this thread, another bloody Francine thread. I can't believe we still care.

Lets get back on track fellas, in fact let this thread die in the arse. Its old news. blllluuuuaaaggghhhh, bloody ..... I just went again.

quote:

Ghost, you keep saying these things are un-disputed facts. You even mention going to the library and pulling clips from the Sentinel. You also mentioned what sounded like a student intern giving you information.

If these things implicating Brian were in the Sentinel could you provide the links? Also, I'm not saying your friend's opinion is a lie. But honestly, you have to admit if your only source is a student intern who was not employed for a very long time if you are me can you see how I would be very skeptical?

My friend worked for 5/6 years with the Magic. The reality is that there are very few spots available in sports management and you're competing with ex-players like Otis for positions as well. You're right, he was a glorified intern, but he still had knowledge of what took place within the organization. And, as I've said, his comments only confirm what was already obvious IMO.

As far as pulling up links to media stories from two years ago, you tell me how to pull the entire sports page and sports sections of the evening news from the internet, and I'll try to find the time to provides links. Otherwise, I honestly have better things to do with my time because I doubt such links even exist. Like I said, the library keeps old newspapers on file...

As far as Otis looking irresponsible for not scouting a player HE drafted. You have a valid point. At the same time, Otis was CO-GM, and was given that role 1 day before the draft. Look at the facts and tell me who had a bigger hand in this draft pick. They guy who scouted him & the guy who was friends with his Euro coach or Otis??? This is pretty straight forward. Coaches and GM's squabble over draft picks in every sport all the time. When they disagree, somebody loses out. In this case, you have a coach and your CO-Gm endorsing the pick, do you really think Otis could have preventing this selection in any way shape or form given the situation?

quote:

First off, if you haven't figured it out already I don't go along with the board just because the majority of it thinks one way. I learned a long time ago to listen to people's opinion but them form your conclusions with your "own" brain.

I'm also tired of repeating the same things cause I honestly don't enjoy typing that much.

i think 2972 posts say differently about your not liking to type!!! lol

Ghost, thanks for breaking it down. I appreciate your honesty and integrity in this discussion.

Nathan Rule, It looks like your right! Numbers don't lie.(lol)