Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Paul Shirley on Mr. Vazquez

From a chat transcript on ESPN.

Dave: I'm curious if you got to play against Fran Vasquez while in Spain... the guy the Magic wasted their lottery pick on a few years ago. Also, I'm a guy that's getting tired of the same mainstream music, but don't have much time to explore for the lesser known stuff. Any suggestions on some must-have albums or bands to get me started? Thanks!

Paul Shirley: (3:09 PM ET ) I actually did see Sr. Vazquez in Spain. We played his team, FC Barcelona, in my first weekend in the country. First of all, that dude is odd-looking. (Giving thanks for being normally-proportioned.) Secondly, he's about the third-best post player on that team. But he is young. And his buyout is only like 6 zillion dollars. Kudos to some scout somewhere.

I would take this as a good opinion. It doesn't say Vaz is horrible, but it does state he has a long way to go.

From a chat transcript on ESPN.

Dave: I'm curious if you got to play against Fran Vasquez while in Spain... the guy the Magic wasted their lottery pick on a few years ago. Also, I'm a guy that's getting tired of the same mainstream music, but don't have much time to explore for the lesser known stuff. Any suggestions on some must-have albums or bands to get me started? Thanks!

Paul Shirley: (3:09 PM ET ) I actually did see Sr. Vazquez in Spain. We played his team, FC Barcelona, in my first weekend in the country. First of all, that dude is odd-looking. (Giving thanks for being normally-proportioned.) Secondly, he's about the third-best post player on that team. But he is young. And his buyout is only like 6 zillion dollars. Kudos to some scout somewhere.

I would take this as a good opinion. It doesn't say Vaz is horrible, but it does state he has a long way to go.

But Brian Hill's friend told him he was the next "Dirk" and we all know Brian is right about EVERYTHING!

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

But Brian Hill's friend told him he was the next "Dirk" and we all know Brian is right about EVERYTHING!

I thought Twardzik was the overseas scout and Vasquez was chosen mostly because of his suggestions?

Forget Vazquez?

That will never happen as long as this regime remains in place.

My greatest fear is that they DO forget Vazquez, and make the same type of stupid mistake in some upcoming draft.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

I thought Twardzik was the overseas scout and Vasquez was chosen mostly because of his suggestions?

Brian was friend's with an old Euro coach of Fran, Brian actually pushed for Fran on his friend's advice.

Dave and Otis took the PR backlash, but Brian was the driving force behind the selection.

quote:

quote:

Nope Brian made the pick, we could've had Monta Ellis, Sean May, Danny Granger, but Napoleon just had to take some euro who we never set up an individual workout with.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:

quote:

Nope Brian made the pick, we could've had Monta Ellis, Sean May, Danny Granger, but Napoleon just had to take some euro who we never set up an individual workout with.

I'm sorry but I gotta say this. How do you guys know it was Brian that wanted to draft him cause I never saw anything in the media before, during or after the draft that implicated him. Also, Otis has a mind of his own. He was in charge or the boss so to speak. I know if my boss doesn't feel comfortable making a decision in my school he won't do it.

Unless you guys that are blaming Brian for this pick can prove it with something other than pure speculation I think it is an undeserved crticism.

quote:
Originally posted by New Managment Please:

Shut up Junkie! I'm tired of your Pro-Hill attitude.

Then I would suggest you quit visiting this website. He is fully entitled to express his opinions just like you are. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean you have the right to harass him about it.