Sign in to follow this  
Jordan-esque

NBA 2K10 or NBA Live '10

So.... i make my reservation for 2k (still could switch to live if i change my mind) on the 360 for this week and im all psyced up and ready.

and my 360 goes E74 on me.

Well no prob right. I got the warranty, itll be gone for a few weeks and then im back and ready to go.

Except no I dont even have to wait!!! I have a ps3 that I've really gotten into lately especially with Uncharted 2 coming out soon. So i say screw it and switch my reserve to ps3 so i dont have to wait. Besides I actually prefer ps controllers over 360.

so im all good and ready to go. or so i thought.

i come home today. get ready to get some soul calibur in on my ps3. and the disc doesnt load. none of them load. ps2, ps1, dvd, cd. I basically now have a ps3go. and its out of warranty and i cant afford to get it fixed.

S-O-B!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

It realllly bothers me to why 2k cant make use of dribble moves. And to why Live cant make their game more realistic.

2k needs to steal some of Live's only good features and run with em.

Yeah! I'd buy NBA 2KLive10. lol

Well anyways, I guess we'll all figure out who's on which system and what game soon.

I've got 360 and I'll be buying 2K10 first day. I will buy Live 10 but maybe around Christmas time as 2K will have my basketball needs by then. So I'm looking forward to playing all of you on both games if you're on 360 and XBL.

Also in practice mode it would be better if they had a guy rebounding your shots and passing it back to you instead of you chasing down all your shots. They have a guy when you practice your freethrows to pass back to you. But not in practice shooting/tutorial mode.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1031782p1.html

Review by IGN for 2k is up now. They give it a 8.5 which is a slim .3 ahead of live.

yeah. I just saw that. Man...Live really stepped up this year. Honestly now it's basically just preference. I'm gonna go Live this year. And it's only $49.99 at Best Buy this week. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by elephant27:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1031782p1.html

Review by IGN for 2k is up now. They give it a 8.5 which is a slim .3 ahead of live.

yeah. I just saw that. Man...Live really stepped up this year. Honestly now it's basically just preference. I'm gonna go Live this year. And it's only $49.99 at Best Buy this week. icon_biggrin.gif

Some of the stuff they said about 2k honestly really worries me. Slowdown in the post, especially on the 360 (which i have to go with this year as my ps3 cant read discs right now) would be a big thing for me as I don't use perimeter players nearly as much as most players and prefer to throw it down into the post.

I'm probably gonna flip flop all the way till I walk into gamestop and get either one.

so I'm playing live for about the last 2 hours...this game is nowhere near as good as I expected it to be...I did not get Live 2009, I opted to just go 2k9 instead of buying both like normal, and I can't believe how completely polar it is from previous versions...ridiculously difficult controls and the reality factor is nowhere near that of even 2k...I'm a little disappointed...I haven't played 2k10 just yet, but something inside is saying that it will probably be more to my liking...and for the record I am definitely not a fanboy of either side...