Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Recipe for success

I hope Brian Hill realized a lot of things last night. I think most of the game resulted from the Bucks lack of effort but a win is a win, I just hope Brian Hill learned from it. The Magic's best lineups are so evident, why can't Hill see it?

Hedo helps when HE is playing good. I've began to notice he is very self-centered. If he is off his entire game is horrible. He did play well, but bettered suited for the bench.

Trevor Ariza showed versatility and that he can play down low when asked. This is a great asset. He plays a role like Tashaun Prince, does all the little things.

Carlos Arroyo would be great if he didn't shoot the ball. He didn't dribble as much tonight set plays, played team ball. Much better play Arroyo.

Keyon Dooling: Should only play spot minutes. He should only play for matchup purposes or when you need a spark. Would be much better suited for situational play.

Keith Bogans: Has the ability to be a Bruce Bowen type player. Good bench player to keep around. I still don't think he is a starter.

Nelson: 7-10 shots a game, run the offense, keep the motion, run the ball.

Howard: If you develop a 10-15 foot shot or a baby hook, watch out.

Darko: Consistency and work ethic. I would like to see him have the handcuffs taken off and let him show his midrange game. His ability to hit the jumpshot is going to determine the future success of the twin towers.

I would like to see him get a $6-8 mil contract and have a player option and team option built in to protect both parties long-term. It would be best situation for both.

J.J. Redick- Has the ability to be significant. He is unselfish and the ability to protect his weaknesses. With his jumper he could be deadly in a free flowing offense. Has the ability to start, you would see a much different player if he started and had the green light.

Overall, I would like to see the Magic run and play in a free-flowing offense. I think everyone would benefit. They have two big men willing to run and that is usually what keeps a team from running. Even our backup bigs will run (Battie and Outlaw). The Magic have a deep bench, don't be scared to use it. I think people would also have a much different opinion on Grant Hill as well. Everyone knows he excels in the break. Redick excels in the break, Arroyo and Nelson excel in the break. Ariza excels in the break. The Magic should be Phoenix East. (Phoenix is still a running, playoff-caliber team without Steve Nash).

Side Note: Could you imagine the year J.J. Redick would be having if given the chance that Adam Morrison got. Morrison had the green light since day one. Redick may never get that shot in the NBA as teams will see him as a role player, but sometimes, a chance is all you need. Redick would have some off nights, but seeing this year's rookie class he definately would have a shot at ROY if given the minutes.

Brian Hill might have single handedly ruined a career of a bright star. He simply isn't good enough to play over Bogans or Dooling? I'm sure Dooling and Bogans can kick the crap out of Redick 1on1, but when did the NBA not become a team game and start becoming And1 mixtape?

I hope Brian Hill realized a lot of things last night. I think most of the game resulted from the Bucks lack of effort but a win is a win, I just hope Brian Hill learned from it. The Magic's best lineups are so evident, why can't Hill see it?

Hedo helps when HE is playing good. I've began to notice he is very self-centered. If he is off his entire game is horrible. He did play well, but bettered suited for the bench.

Trevor Ariza showed versatility and that he can play down low when asked. This is a great asset. He plays a role like Tashaun Prince, does all the little things.

Carlos Arroyo would be great if he didn't shoot the ball. He didn't dribble as much tonight set plays, played team ball. Much better play Arroyo.

Keyon Dooling: Should only play spot minutes. He should only play for matchup purposes or when you need a spark. Would be much better suited for situational play.

Keith Bogans: Has the ability to be a Bruce Bowen type player. Good bench player to keep around. I still don't think he is a starter.

Nelson: 7-10 shots a game, run the offense, keep the motion, run the ball.

Howard: If you develop a 10-15 foot shot or a baby hook, watch out.

Darko: Consistency and work ethic. I would like to see him have the handcuffs taken off and let him show his midrange game. His ability to hit the jumpshot is going to determine the future success of the twin towers.

I would like to see him get a $6-8 mil contract and have a player option and team option built in to protect both parties long-term. It would be best situation for both.

J.J. Redick- Has the ability to be significant. He is unselfish and the ability to protect his weaknesses. With his jumper he could be deadly in a free flowing offense. Has the ability to start, you would see a much different player if he started and had the green light.

Overall, I would like to see the Magic run and play in a free-flowing offense. I think everyone would benefit. They have two big men willing to run and that is usually what keeps a team from running. Even our backup bigs will run (Battie and Outlaw). The Magic have a deep bench, don't be scared to use it. I think people would also have a much different opinion on Grant Hill as well. Everyone knows he excels in the break. Redick excels in the break, Arroyo and Nelson excel in the break. Ariza excels in the break. The Magic should be Phoenix East. (Phoenix is still a running, playoff-caliber team without Steve Nash).

Side Note: Could you imagine the year J.J. Redick would be having if given the chance that Adam Morrison got. Morrison had the green light since day one. Redick may never get that shot in the NBA as teams will see him as a role player, but sometimes, a chance is all you need. Redick would have some off nights, but seeing this year's rookie class he definately would have a shot at ROY if given the minutes.

Brian Hill might have single handedly ruined a career of a bright star. He simply isn't good enough to play over Bogans or Dooling? I'm sure Dooling and Bogans can kick the crap out of Redick 1on1, but when did the NBA not become a team game and start becoming And1 mixtape?

I was really impressed by JJ last night.

He is not Steve Kerr. He is much more complete.

He Basketball IQ is very high, and his individual defense is much better than advertised.

He gets a little lost on team defensive rotations, but those are issues for all rookies.

He is a scorer, not just a shooter. He knows how to use screen, and move without the ball. He cuts with a purpose, doesnt just go through the motions.

He sees the entire court better than many thought.

Bottom line, JJ is going to be a very good NBA player, below All Star level, but a legit starter, I believe. He needs to work on his ball handling and team defense to be more effective. He is always going to have trouble with the bigger, quiker 2s. The Kobe's, Ray Alans, of the league, but who doesnt. When you have 2 surpeme shot blockers behind you, he can afford to play a little more tight on them.

The Kobe's, Ray Alans, of the league, but who doesnt. When you have 2 surpeme shot blockers behind you, he can afford to play a little more tight on them.

Exactly, you can afford to have defenders get beat on the dribble. Redick has good awareness, just lacks the quickness and footwork. Great point

quote:
Originally posted by Courtskils:

Redick will get his chance with the new coach. BHill will continue to play GHill (no 3 point threat and space squeezer) and Bogans (not a inside threat) before Redick. The fire that JJ has will not burn out! The concern I have is that he will punch out Napolean and the franchise will be forced to move him.

quote:
Originally posted by Courtskils:
The Kobe's, Ray Alans, of the league, but who doesnt. When you have 2 surpeme shot blockers behind you, he can afford to play a little more tight on them.

Exactly, you can afford to have defenders get beat on the dribble. Redick has good awareness, just lacks the quickness and footwork. Great point

I concur. There isn't anybody who can't shut them down. As long as JJ could stay in front of his opponent and put a hand on his face, I'm good with it.