You're Fat, Pat!

The Official 2009 NCAA Football Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

Tennessee looks really good with the new Monte Kiffin defense.

Western Kentucky, Rob.

Just cuz Courtney Lee went there doesn't mean they're a good test for a new defense. ; ^ )

I wanna see them against UCLA next week.

I'm telling you watch out for the Vols this season. They look like a totally complete different team this season. Kiffin got that defense fired up and me being a Bucs fan know all about how Kiffin coaches. When Kiffin does interviews he's such an excitable person that he fires me up too. I know Western Kentucky isn't a good team but you can see things that the Vols will do every week. Their running backs will be unstoppable all season. Their defense will go after the ball on every play. Team tackling. Pass rushing. This team will give Florida a tough time this season. They are my sleeper team of the season.

You do realize that the Vol defense was one of the best in the country last year and they still lost 7 games? Including losing at home to Wyoming where they only scored 7 points. Their offense was beyond pitiful. Gotta have an offensive live for the running backs to be effective.

Couple that with Lane accusing Meyer of cheating, going into the Swamp against the defending national champions returning their entire defense, Heisman winning QB, most of the offensive line, and their own stable of game breaking running backs? Tennessee will be lucky to get within 4 touchdowns.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Western Kentucky, Rob.

Just cuz Courtney Lee went there doesn't mean they're a good test for a new defense. ; ^ )

I'm telling you watch out for the Vols this season. They look like a totally complete different team this season. Kiffin got that defense fired up and me being a Bucs fan know all about how Kiffin coaches. When Kiffin does interviews he's such an excitable person that he fires me up too. I know Western Kentucky isn't a good team but you can see things that the Vols will do every week. Their running backs will be unstoppable all season. Their defense will go after the ball on every play. Team tackling. Pass rushing. This team will give Florida a tough time this season. They are my sleeper team of the season.

You do realize that the Vol defense was one of the best in the country last year and they still lost 7 games? Including losing at home to Wyoming where they only scored 7 points. Their offense was beyond pitiful. Gotta have an offensive live for the running backs to be effective.

Couple that with Lane accusing Meyer of cheating, going into the Swamp against the defending national champions returning their entire defense, Heisman winning QB, most of the offensive line, and their own stable of game breaking running backs? Tennessee will be lucky to get within 4 touchdowns.

We'll see.

There offense will be better than last season and their defense will be tough to score on. Hardesty and Bryce, the Gators won't have an answer to stopping them. Hardesty looks like a different running back then last season which I felt like he should've got more touches. Bryce and Hardesty will be tough to stop and Crompton will play better than he did last season. I see this game being much closer than last season's 30-6 Gators victory. Kiffin's defense will slow the Gators down and the Vols offense will do just enough to either lose a close battle or defeat the Gators.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Western Kentucky, Rob.

We'll see.

There offense will be better than last season and their defense will be tough to score on. Hardesty and Bryce, the Gators won't have an answer to stopping them. Hardesty looks like a different running back then last season which I felt like he should've got more touches. Bryce and Hardesty will be tough to stop and Crompton will play better than he did last season. I see this game being much closer than last season's 30-6 Gators victory. Kiffin's defense will slow the Gators down and the Vols offense will do just enough to either lose a close battle or defeat the Gators.

rob while i admire your analysis and can agree to some degree about your predictions about the vols saying that they might beat the gators is just absolutely horrendous, bryce is a true freshman who will get swallowed alive in the swamp, crompton might do alright but i dont know and hardesty well he is a **** good ball player but one overlooked thing, wku and charleston southern are pretty evenly matched, they both were in the fcs last year wku just made the jump this year to the fbs. the vols played their starters for the whole game as where florida destroyed their opponents with backups in the second half and by the 4th quarter god only knows who some of those guys were so in closing will tennesee be better than last year? yes. will tennesee beat florida in the swamp, my unprofessional opinion is no but hey i am just a fan of the game like you. on a ligher not i just got lower deck 45 yard line seats for the fla-ga game in october for 40 bucks waahoo.

GO BUCS

quote:
Originally posted by lforce31:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Western Kentucky, Rob.

We'll see.

rob while i admire your analysis and can agree to some degree about your predictions about the vols saying that they might beat the gators is just absolutely horrendous, bryce is a true freshman who will get swallowed alive in the swamp, crompton might do alright but i dont know and hardesty well he is a **** good ball player but one overlooked thing, wku and charleston southern are pretty evenly matched, they both were in the fcs last year wku just made the jump this year to the fbs. the vols played their starters for the whole game as where florida destroyed their opponents with backups in the second half and by the 4th quarter god only knows who some of those guys were so in closing will tennesee be better than last year? yes. will tennesee beat florida in the swamp, my unprofessional opinion is no but hey i am just a fan of the game like you. on a ligher not i just got lower deck 45 yard line seats for the fla-ga game in october for 40 bucks waahoo.

GO BUCS

You wouldn't by any chance happen to be a Gator fan, would ya?

You have gotta be kidding me with the CSU-WKU comparisons. It's not even close.

CSU won 38 games over the past 7 years...in the FCS.

There's a reason why WKU moved up this year...

They won 54 games during the same time span, and won the FCS Title in 2002.

Plus they are Courtney Lee's alma mater.

Therefore, WKU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Charleston Southern.

I agree with Rob though. They had a totally different vibe than last year. Their confidence was back, and as Rob said, their D was solid. I still wanna see them this week vs. UCLA.

Do I think they'll beat UF? No. But don't brush them off so easily. This is the SEC. Anyone can beat anyone at any time.

yeah point well taken, i probably should not have said that they were evenly matched i guess what i was really trying to get at was the score was close to the same against two teams that really had no business playing an sec opponent and florida played backups most for half the game and got deep into their bench, but thanks for doing the research and making me see the light. to answer your question yes i am a gator fan, loved the gators when i lived in orlando and when i moved out of my parents house back in 2000 they moved up to gainesville and i have just stayed true and tried to go as many games as i can when i come to visit, but thats not very often.

If anyone's got a TV bigger than the 9 inch one I have for me to watch the Noles game on, and you aren't to far for Pine Hills/College park, I will bring pretzels, PM me.

Totally getting my free chicken sandwich from Chik Fil A.

quote:

Who's ready for the big game tonight?

The answer is:

Me.

Go Noles.

Hells yea. I'm psyched for this one. Now that BYU is supposedly a better opponent...

Well, I hope they get past Miami tonight.

ahh seminoles/hurricanes.. What is a gator fan like me to do?

throw on my tebow jersey and watch as the former powers struggle to get back up the mountain. Man this makes all those years of zook and late spurrier so worth it. every day nothing but seminole and hurricane jerseys at school. how the tides have turned.

i guess in 10 years all three schools will be looking up at UCF and USF and wonder what happened. till then....

GO GATORS. 3 out of 4 baby!!!!!