Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Anyone wanna take a chance on White Chocolate?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...&source=NBAHeadlines

quote:
Jason Williams' comeback from a one-year retirement will move a step closer to reality Friday after the Los Angeles Clippers formally waived their exclusive rights to negotiate with him, according to NBA front-office sources.

Following the standard seven-day offseason wait to clear waivers, Williams will then become a free agent, joining Jamaal Tinsley -- who was bought out Wednesday by the Indiana Pacers -- as a late but proven addition to the summer market for point guards.

The Clippers, sources said, had a Thursday deadline from the league office to exercise their exclusive rights to re-sign Williams after the 33-year signed a one-year deal with them last August, only to decide in September to place himself on the league's voluntarily retired list to spend more time with his family.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers -- who last week traded for Sebastian Telfair and have made well-publicized overtures in free agency to Ramon Sessions and Allen Iverson -- have decided not to extend a new offer to Williams.

Williams or Arroyo if we can't get Watson?

quote:
Jason Williams' comeback from a one-year retirement will move a step closer to reality Friday after the Los Angeles Clippers formally waived their exclusive rights to negotiate with him, according to NBA front-office sources.

Following the standard seven-day offseason wait to clear waivers, Williams will then become a free agent, joining Jamaal Tinsley -- who was bought out Wednesday by the Indiana Pacers -- as a late but proven addition to the summer market for point guards.

The Clippers, sources said, had a Thursday deadline from the league office to exercise their exclusive rights to re-sign Williams after the 33-year signed a one-year deal with them last August, only to decide in September to place himself on the league's voluntarily retired list to spend more time with his family.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers -- who last week traded for Sebastian Telfair and have made well-publicized overtures in free agency to Ramon Sessions and Allen Iverson -- have decided not to extend a new offer to Williams.

I think Williams would be a perfect back up. Seems like he would be more of a role player the Arroyo would.

If Williams wants to come back tho, he left before because he wanted to spend more time with his kids.

Him and Dwight in a semi open floor would be bananas tho.

quote:
He knows what it takes to win a championship.

he sure does

Dwayne Wade, Shaq, ZO, Haslem and Riley...

this was talked about earlier today I believe...

it's whatever, if SVG and Otis give it the thumbs up, I'm cool with it...we all know we've been linked to JWill for sometime now anyway so...

of course this counters all of the arguments you AJ bashers out there have...Williams makes us older, not younger...he's a shell, but still has a little in the tank I'm sure...

I heard Zo wants to come out of retirement and does not want to play for the Heat. He'd be A PERFECT BACK UP CENTER....

Give me a break! The guy didn't play 1 min last season and he's been done! Isn't he crazy anyways? I thought I heard a couple of months ago that he went nuts in a hotel in NY and almost killed him self or something like that.

i really want to think that if we do get a pg, we'll look at another young fast pg like watson, you know sort of like clee in pg form? stan can do alot with a kid willing to run faster than the speed of light.... we need that dagger again.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

I would rather have arroyo... no on williams...

Anyone who knows jack squat about our team knows what a locker room cancer Arroyo was. I wouldn't have liked J-Will on our team about 3-5 years ago, but I think he would be a great fit right now. BTW, he hates the moniker "White Chocolate."

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

No Question,..

With all considered and no smite against Arroyo but the best player between the two is White chocolate.

He's not only experienced, got mad handles can manage a game and plays within his limitations. But he plays with tons of heart and uses his multiple skills to attack,..Arroyo is a fine player but he's not quiet a Jason Williams yet.

He's taken a year off his legs to mend and rest and he should be fresh and a treat watch return to the floor.