Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

I can't access the forums from work..

It's saying that my IP has been banned.

I work at a huge company (like 2,000 people)...

Is there any way I can access the forums from my office, besides using a crappy web proxy?

=(

It's saying that my IP has been banned.

I work at a huge company (like 2,000 people)...

Is there any way I can access the forums from my office, besides using a crappy web proxy?

=(

This happened to me with another site.

EIther you have to keep using a web proxy or maybe you can talk to an IT guy and see if they can unblock it? That's what I did.

Well, the site loads fine, so it's nothing IT at my office can fix.

I'm assuming someone here was trolling and got banned, but now I have to suffer lol.

Can mods unblacklist an IP address?

We don't ban IP's ourselves, only someone with the team can do it and that is rare. If it was done then you have a co-worker that went to extremes to get a perma IP ban.

Sorry, but your out of luck on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

We don't ban IP's ourselves, only someone with the team can do it and that is rare. If it was done then you have a co-worker that went to extremes to get a perma IP ban.

Sorry, but your out of luck on this one.

Good God, lol.

I wonder what they did.

Oh well, no worries, thanks for the help!

Sounds to me like your work place has certain IP's blocked or something so you can not surf the web at work..

I know with owning my own website when I bought a new software and hosting over 5 years ago I changed the .com to .org and alot of members that could not get on from work before could when I changed it to .org thumbs-up.gif

This sounds like what I had to do at my high school when surfing the web was very limited. I was in a prep school so they banned sites for all sorts of things including "web communication" which baffled me because almost every modern website has some form of a community feature. You probably need a web proxy, and there are few that are fast and effective. If I am not mistaken, I don't think I can post any on the board. Your best bet is to research some proxies at home and select one that you like for accessing the board from work. Hopefully you find a quality one and please keep to your company's policy regarding surfing the web -- I don't want to be responsible for getting you in trouble with your higher up.