Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

Sentinel now confirming Magic matching to retain Gortat

I figured all along we would match the offer just so we could trade him. I would be shocked if we end up keeping him as our backup though. If that ends up being the case. Otis wasn't kidding when he said he could spend some money. That is one expensive backup plan.

quote:
Originally posted by wowski:

quote:
Originally posted by moldy_hobo:

i just want to point out...Gortat isn't very happy that we signed him.

i think he knows where he is gonna be traded. he did choose dallas over rockets iirc, so maybe he's gonna be sent to houston in december.

can't gortat veto any trade in his first year though? if so why would he agree to go to houston now...

I can understand he has a right to be pissed since he could be playing more with the Mav's, but to get the best offer and make much much much more $ to stay with your current team that gave you a chance and still have a chance of winning a title and your going to cry about it. He might know Otis will be trading him but he's getting the big pay day so he should just shut it and be happy and play in Orlando or where ever.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

i think he knows where he is gonna be traded. he did choose dallas over rockets iirc, so maybe he's gonna be sent to houston in december.

can't gortat veto any trade in his first year though? if so why would he agree to go to houston now...

to start and/or play 30 min. per game

Weekend keeps getting better! im glade we matched but I think we are going to turn around and trade him. I have faith in otis just have to wait and see what he does.

GO MAGIC!!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

was just a speculation. and if he won't go to houston or anywhere else, then he may be a mgic for the year. not my money so i don't have a problem wit it lol

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

I saw it on WKMG too. That ****** bag Ping said we're matching the offer for Gortat and most likely signing Matt Barnes and maybe Theo Ratliff too. He also pointed out that we might trade Gortat after the 90 day period from when the season starts. I totally want to smash Ping's face in, he's such a date rapist.

this was on a different board I was just reading...did he really bring up Barnes and Ratliff to?

Wow, more good stuff...thanks for posting...

quote:
Originally posted by Mastermind:

quote:

quote:

quote:

to start and/or play 30 min. per game

i doubt he's going to allow a trade to just any team just so he can start though. you guys just think he will because the idea of getting battier is the "it" thing around here these days

quote:
Originally posted by dreman:

I can understand he a right to be pissed since he could be playing more with the Mav's, but to get the best offer and make much much much more $ to stay with your current team that gave you a chance and still have a chance of winning a title and your going to cry about it. He might know Otis will be trading him but he's getting the big pay day so he should just shut it and be happy and play in Orlando or where ever.

lol. i wonder if otis said something to him that made him mad.