Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

Sentinel now confirming Magic matching to retain Gortat

quote:
Originally posted by jturner01:

quote:
Originally posted by moldy_homo=fail:

Mavs fans aren't angry because we think Orlando is going to match - we're angry because a bunch of Magic fans are spreading unfounded rumors over on Mavs forums.

Keep your trash on your own site.

Take your own advice and stay over there on your own board. When did Dallas fans become a bunch of whining babies??

when they lost to miami in the finals

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

quote:

quote:

I personally hope we let Marcin go. I just think there are other positions we need to address and I don't think we have a place for him with the money we are spending if we match. 7 mil a year is a chunk for 15 min of production, not to mention if we don't trade, it doubles.

Agreed.

I'm sure people have already talked about this but I may have missed it.

What about starting gortat at C and sliding Dwight down to PF? The thought of that reminds me to San Antonio when they had D Rob next to Duncan.

I think it could work, but the problem would be what happens once Tat gets traded...then we've gotten used to playing a certain style and have to figure it all out again.

Yeah, unfortunately Dwight can't hit a jumpshot like Duncan can. So, I'd have to say absolutely not.

Well and you don't take an all world center and change his position to incorporate a lesser player.

We may all love Marcin, but Dwight is the best center in this league, bar none. Why would we move him to a place where he isn't familiar to incorporate Gortat???

It's just not a good idea

defensively we might need something like that if and when the celts run sheed/kg/perkins on us, i know kg is great, but if he had to post up dwight and try to shoot over him while gortat ran the offensive line on perkins it would be better for us, but yeah, why make a move just for one team, you have to admit, his ability to be an asset in trades makes you happy.

If it works out like a lot of you guys think it will and we do that, yep. Im all about the Magic getting better and thats my only deal.

Im not a salary cap guru or even know many of the rules going into it. I just want entertaining basketball and a ring. Ill let smarter heads prevail.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I personally hope we let Marcin go. I just think there are other positions we need to address and I don't think we have a place for him with the money we are spending if we match. 7 mil a year is a chunk for 15 min of production, not to mention if we don't trade, it doubles.

Agreed.

What about starting gortat at C and sliding Dwight down to PF? The thought of that reminds me to San Antonio when they had D Rob next to Duncan.

I think it could work, but the problem would be what happens once Tat gets traded...then we've gotten used to playing a certain style and have to figure it all out again.

Yeah, unfortunately Dwight can't hit a jumpshot like Duncan can. So, I'd have to say absolutely not.

Well and you don't take an all world center and change his position to incorporate a lesser player.

We may all love Marcin, but Dwight is the best center in this league, bar none. Why would we move him to a place where he isn't familiar to incorporate Gortat???

defensively we might need something like that if and when the celts run sheed/kg/perkins on us, i know kg is great, but if he had to post up dwight and try to shoot over him while gortat ran the offensive line on perkins it would be better for us, but yeah, why make a move just for one team, you have to admit, his ability to be an asset in trades makes you happy.

If it works out like a lot of you guys think it will and we do that, yep. Im all about the Magic getting better and thats my only deal.

Im not a salary cap guru or even know many of the rules going into it. I just want entertaining basketball and a ring. Ill let smarter heads prevail.

lol i'm definately not a smarter head, i just want us to get the best team possible as well, and considering what we all see in the kid, he's an asset, traded or untraded, lol i wish he came in SF form though... anyone want to quit their job this summer and teach him how to dribble penetrate and shoot various shots including a three ball or a fade away? we'll make him into a PF yet! lol i'm just kidding.

We saw a little bit of that in the finals with playing Marcin at C and Dwight at PF. So they must be a little familiar with running that set up against a big team. The problem is that both of them only play inside. Now if Howard worked on a perimeter jump shot, we might have something.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed.

lol i'm definately not a smarter head, i just want us to get the best team possible as well, and considering what we all see in the kid, he's an asset, traded or untraded, lol i wish he came in SF form though... anyone want to quit their job this summer and teach him how to dribble penetrate and shoot various shots including a three ball or a fade away? we'll make him into a PF yet! lol i'm just kidding.

LOL, wouldn't that be something haha.

Its very rarely that we see our beloved Magic in this situation of strength. Thanks Otis and SVG.

if we match or not looks like we will have a new rival in the dallas mavs, even its just a rival with the fans

Looks at it from the mavs perspective. We helped each other get what we want in the hedo trade. Then we sign bass from them outright, so they expect us to just let them have gortat. So they're thinking it's going to be a swap, then we turn around and say we're keeping gortat as well. It is pretty cold but I'm just glad we're on the winning side of the transactions.

they aren't really rivals no matter what, we play them twice a year, we don't see them in the playoffs, and the probablity that both of us make it to the finals are insane.

quote:
Looks at it from the mavs perspective. We helped each other get what we want in the hedo trade. Then we sign bass from them outright, so they expect us to just let them have gortat. So they're thinking it's going to be a swap, then we turn around and say we're keeping gortat as well. It is pretty cold but I'm just glad we're on the winning side of the transactions.

You dont think they would of kept bass if they needed him and had enough money?? They werent saying "oh we'll let the magic have him, they need him." they didnt want to pay that much money for a backup PF. We dont owe mavs anything, this is a business not out here to make friends and look out for other teams.

There's only going to be three "intresting" rivalries for us this season. The Heat because of being instate rivals, the Pistons because we are tired of losing to them, and now the Raptors because of the Carter/Hedo thing and of course the little Dwight/Bosh rivalry.

Dwight Howard and JJ Redick could go piss on Mark Cuban's face as he's sleeping and I still really wouldn't see a Orlando/Dallas rivalry meaning much.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Quick, somebody go spread the news on the Dallas boards and Cuban, ha-ha...

damm it!

I follow Dallas too, LOL!