Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

Sentinel now confirming Magic matching to retain Gortat

I figured since i broke the news, that i should be able to start the discussion. Channel 6 news reported an announcement will be made tomorrow.

As of now.....2 for 2......its time to become a believer if you aren't already.

EDIT: I hate to jinx it, but the title is misleading.

2nd EDIT:

quote:
An NBA source has told the Orlando Sentinel that the Orlando Magic will match the five-year, $34-million offer sheet extended by the Dallas Mavericks to Marcin Gortat and thus retain him. The team would not be able to trade him until Dec. 15, at the earliest, if that's what the team wants to do.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...1309,0,2845810.story

I figured since i broke the news, that i should be able to start the discussion. Channel 6 news reported an announcement will be made tomorrow.

As of now.....2 for 2......its time to become a believer if you aren't already.

EDIT: I hate to jinx it, but the title is misleading.

2nd EDIT:

quote:
An NBA source has told the Orlando Sentinel that the Orlando Magic will match the five-year, $34-million offer sheet extended by the Dallas Mavericks to Marcin Gortat and thus retain him. The team would not be able to trade him until Dec. 15, at the earliest, if that's what the team wants to do.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...1309,0,2845810.story

I'll believe the moldy hombo until he misses one. I won't doubt anymore until then.

I can also confirm that I saw on Local 6 that we will match Gortat's offer from Dallas and an announcement will be made tomorrow.

Not sure what Gortat's role will be other than a backup center making $6 mil/year, but glad the big guy is back. I love watching the passion he plays with! Thanks for the insider info moldy!

lol so now what to we do with Tat. Let the endless thread begin. I cannot wait to hear the explanation Otis gives the Media on the matching and how he plans on using Gortat. But I have this feeling he is going to lie to the anyway and say something lie, we really liked him and see him in our long term future...yada yada yada