Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

remaining MLE money,we can now offer someone a 3 year, 6 million dollar contract/who?

I think barnes would be ideal, solid veteran who would give us depth at the 2 and 3 spots. But don't be surprised if Otis holds onto the remaining MLE until teams start cleaning up their rosters by waiving/buying out veterans in Sept.

Their is a good chance that the Nets buy out Battie and he comes back for the min.

For the record, I received an e-mail at 12:15 that we had signed Bass. Just neglected to check it. Oops. But that should help to solidify my source.

Now, the reason I post this is that at 12:19, I received an e-mail from the same source that Otis was already reaching out to Barnes' agent, who already knew that once the Bass signing was official, he becomes priority numero uno. We'll offer the remainder of the MLE, and he is expected to accept.

However, as I said, worst case scenario, Carney or Wafer are the back up plans.

But my source fully expects Barnes to join the Magic, and is ecstatic about it.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I think barnes would be ideal, solid veteran who would give us depth at the 2 and 3 spots. But don't be surprised if Otis holds onto the remaining MLE until teams start cleaning up their rosters by waiving/buying out veterans in Sept.

Their is a good chance that the Nets buy out Battie and he comes back for the min.

I think Barnes would start, I highly doubt Bass starts and Shard moves back to SF. I think either JJ starts with VC at SF or Barnes or MP would start. I just think MP is better off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I doubt it. We still have to fill 4 roster spot.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

For the record, I received an e-mail at 12:15 that we had signed Bass. Just neglected to check it. Oops. But that should help to solidify my source.

Now, the reason I post this is that at 12:19, I received an e-mail from the same source that Otis was already reaching out to Barnes' agent, who already knew that once the Bass signing was official, he becomes priority numero uno. We'll offer the remainder of the MLE, and he is expected to accept.

WHOOHOO! Otis is striking bigtime now.

quote:

I'd be happy with anyone of those 3 players.

quote:

I like the sound of that icon_smile.gif

quote:

Rev, you didn't tell them your source was at the RDV Sportsplex today chatting it up with the bigwigs.

Are you gonna share the rest of your news...?

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

I'm not sure why people around here want Carney. From what I've seen of him, he's a massive ballhog and is a loose cannon with shooting.

people dig upside, he still has some

imo it should be

1. Matt Barnes

2. Rodney Carney

3. Gerald Green

4. Von Wafer

with the rest of the MLE, then sign whoever we can at center and point gaurd... maybe keep whoever they liked the best on the SL roster... that robinson guy at PG maybe? kasib powell has looked solid

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Rev, you didn't tell them your source was at the RDV Sportsplex today chatting it up with the bigwigs.

Are you gonna share the rest of your news...?

What did I forget to share? I posted the Gortat news in the Bass signing thread.

For the record, Matt Barnes is a perfect bench option for us.