Sign in to follow this  
TURBEY

Breaking News... Turkoglu breaks off talks

Hedo WANTS to stay in Orlando, they used Portland but Toronto jumped back into the mix.

Toronto has yet to renounce anyone when you factor in taxes and the exchange rate the difference in money is not that big and Dwight, Jameer and Lew have been politicking to him

as I said in the other thread the Magic just decided not to match Gortat, after saying they would, why?

HMM

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I just watched the local news and sports on channel 6 with a sportscaster named "Ping"...he says that the Magic still have their offer on the table for 45 million...he says the Raptors are offering close to 60 million...he says Turk trying to decide but that his personal opinion was that Turk would take the highest bidder.

Looks like there's hope...but not much, lol...

Are you saying that even after the Carter trade the Magic are willing to spend that much money on Hedo? Good, then there should be no problem spending it on Rasheed.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

exchange rate?

Taxes are higher in Canada and their dollar is not as strong as ours, I am unclear however how much they adjust the pay in Canadian, but regardless Canadian taxes for athletes are higher than ours.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

$56mil in canada = $48,221,880.00 united states dollars

when toronto says they're offering hedu $56mil..is that USD or canadian money????!?!?!!?

They use us figures.

Magic vs Raptors will be very interesting. Vince vs his old team..Hedo vs his..(if he's actually going to the Raptors ofc)

Ric Bucher on Twitter

quote:
$ didn't drive Hedo's reversal on PDX. Only a 2 mill swing. It was being another five hours from Turkey, wife, Turk pop. in Tor, etc.

Also from Bucher's twitter

quote:
marion has been renounced. could've had a five-yr, 36 mill deal and said no. hard to see him getting that some place else.

either way at this point we win win, even if it doesnt seem like it.

If Hedo decides to be the Turkish king and take the more wealthy contract, then we realize Turk was not about the love of the game, but about getting bank. N so we lose someone uncaring for a championship.

If Hedo decides to return as a Magic, he will still be kinda a tool, but still he will help us for sure. N wed have one of the best lineups ever made, EVER.

cant wait to see wut happens

I still highly doubt that we get Turk back. But like I said earlier if we get Marion in a S&T I don't think we really lose that much as far as production is concerned, Turk might have a better shot, but The Matrix rebounds WAAAY better than Turk, and right now that's what we need more of right now.

Right now I see only about 4 real options for Otis

1: Some how re-sign Turk (Highly unlikely)

2: Get Marion in a S&T for Turk (bout 65%)

3: Get neither, get Bass and more than likely

re-sign Gortat (about 90%)

4. Otis signs Sheed for the full MLE

I hope its option 4, but I think Otis is going to go for option 3, which prob makes us about the same as last yrs team, maybe a notch lower on paper at least.