Sign in to follow this  
Dwights my Hero

MARCUS BANKS....BRING HIM TO OTOWN...

I am not fully aware of how good this guy is but he is stuck in Pheonix behind Steve Nash and buried on the bench on a team full of stars.

He produced similar numbers to Jameer in Minnesota where he averaged 12 PPG and 5 APG. I would love to see the Magic take a chance on this guy if the Suns are trying to move him. He would not be a defensive liability like Jameer and they are both young.

Does anyone else have any information on this guy? I would like to see a deal made for this guy instead of Blake.

I am not fully aware of how good this guy is but he is stuck in Pheonix behind Steve Nash and buried on the bench on a team full of stars.

He produced similar numbers to Jameer in Minnesota where he averaged 12 PPG and 5 APG. I would love to see the Magic take a chance on this guy if the Suns are trying to move him. He would not be a defensive liability like Jameer and they are both young.

Does anyone else have any information on this guy? I would like to see a deal made for this guy instead of Blake.

I read that too... I would love to see both of those guys in Magic uniforms. He looks like a good player that could be much more then just a throw in. I think he could be able to start here. I just want to see the Magic sign a big name free agent whether it be Marion, Gerald Wallace, Vince, or Lewis. This team needs a "go to" guy badly.

I'm not necessarily against these moves, but I don't see Marion as a 'go to' guy.

From what I've seen, he generally needs others to create for him, but he is a great finisher and at picking up the 'garbage' points.

I don't think I've seen him much in the role of 'give him the ball and let him create his own shot'.

You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, as many of you have probably seen him play more often than I.

I think Banks is a pretty good player but he is vastly overpaid. There is a reason that the Suns are insisting that any team that takes Marion has to take Banks as well. His contract would be impossible to move otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

I'm not necessarily against these moves, but I don't see Marion as a 'go to' guy.

From what I've seen, he generally needs others to create for him, but he is a great finisher and at picking up the 'garbage' points.

I don't think I've seen him much in the role of 'give him the ball and let him create his own shot'.

You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, as many of you have probably seen him play more often than I.

I agree with what you are saying. I think its more due to the fact that the Suns already have so many creators on their team that they use Marion in other ways. Based on his athletic ability I think he could be a go to guy if given the opportunity.

his contract isn't THAT bad, is it?

while i don't think we can get marion without giving away darko and ariza, i do think that we could get banks and the 2 late first rounders for arroyo's expiring and maybe fran or a 2nd rounder.

i'd rather see him starting than jameer

I'm sorry friend, but Marcus Banks is not a good option for the Magic, he is overpaid ($9m)and he can not play up-tempo game, that why, he is a benchwarmer in the Suns team.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

I'm sorry friend, but Marcus Banks is not a good option for the Magic, he is overpaid ($9m)and he can not play up-tempo game, that why, he is a benchwarmer in the Suns team.

yeah, totally right

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

$9mill???

i thought he gets only 3.6mill this year