Sign in to follow this  
crazyorlandofan

VC trade is a step back for us you watch

quote:
Originally posted by jmmagicfan:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

OK, this whole line of reasoning is really dumb. Cleveland purposely stuck West (instead of Lebron) on Hedo because Hedo has no post game and doesn't use his size to his advantage. Turk shot 39% for the series, and did most of his damage on the pick and roll, needing the pick to gain separation for West. Then Cleveland stuck Lebron on Alston, so Lebron could roam as a help defender and give Rafer the open shot.

Well, now they have to stick Mo Williams on Nelson (good luck), West on Carter (Carter will still get the step on pick and rolls), and Lebron on Rashard. Lebron on Rashard is scary at first, but Lebron will HAVE to stay at home and that takes away their best help defender and ONLY shot blocker. If we get Wallace, he will cream Joe Smith/Varejao/Villanueva in the post and still stretch the floor when Dwight has the ball. Dwight will face up Shaq and use his quickness to get around him.

+1

Even if we don't get Wallace, LeBron would have to stay at home on Pietrus and Shard can still draw the PF out. If we get Bass or McDyess, I still like the way we match up, since they both have a decent mid-range game.

Well then you better hope we get one of them.

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

Delonte West is gonna guard Vince Carter?

At worst, it is a lateral move short term that is better for the long term. They avoid giving a 30 year old player a 5 year deal which would allowed no cap flexibility while the rest of the league changed their rosters to matchup with them.

well, he will gaurd him better than he gaurded Turk.

I agree with the short term thing. Just like what we(Cavs) are doing with Shaq.

you would think that. 6 years ago, this would be huge, but Shaq now has declined alot. But if Varejao does leave, i guess Cleveland needs someone else to play the "Flopper" position

No because according to SVG, we got Shaq for that.lol The only way we keep Andy is if his greedy Agent (HWNSNBU) decides to let Andy make the decisions for a once. I hope he takes the player option for one more year. That will give us more cap flexibilty next year also.

Other teams hate Andy,They call him a flopper and all that crap, there is obviously a reason.

I dont care if he flops 50 times a game if he gets the calls.

ok, here's the picture of the year IMO

anyone can flop 50 times a game which is what bothers me, it shows no legit talent at all. like in the ECF when he got elbowed by the wind

allen-varejao.jpg

Right, that picture shows how much he gets in peoples heads. I agree with you, he really doesnt have alot of talent. But he is a hustle player, he gets 50/50 balls, and extra posessions by crashing offensive boards, and gets into the oppositions head and sometimes that throws people off their game. You really can't put a value on the type of player Andy is, but I can tell you, it is def not $10 mil/yr like he is asking for. He won't get that anywhere. Not for a bench player that avgs. 8 pts, 7 boards

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

I actually agree with this. We were an up and coming young team with a unique chemistry who suprised everybody and made it to the finals ... who just lost 2 major pieces who contributed to getting us into the finals.

Plus, we would have been primed to possibly pick up Bosch, and now we inherited another 16 mil plus 32 y.o. guy who hasn't really proved he can lead his team deep in the playoffs (like say a Wade or Lebron can...)

And... we, all of a sudden, are a tad bit older as a team....

Time to rekindle new chemistry too....

In other words, we CANNOT afford to lose HEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Primed to pick up Bosh? If we kept Hedo, we would be paying luxury tax. No room to sign hardly anyone, let alone a superstar in his prime looking for a big payday. Carter actually gives us more flexibility in two years with a big expiring deal.

Sorry about that. Actually, you are right! Picking up Carter gives us more flexibility to pick up an unhappy Bosch 2 years from now. I'm beginning to like this trade more...

quote:
Originally posted by crazyorlandofan:

quote:

quote:

OK, this whole line of reasoning is really dumb. Cleveland purposely stuck West (instead of Lebron) on Hedo because Hedo has no post game and doesn't use his size to his advantage. Turk shot 39% for the series, and did most of his damage on the pick and roll, needing the pick to gain separation for West. Then Cleveland stuck Lebron on Alston, so Lebron could roam as a help defender and give Rafer the open shot.

Well, now they have to stick Mo Williams on Nelson (good luck), West on Carter (Carter will still get the step on pick and rolls), and Lebron on Rashard. Lebron on Rashard is scary at first, but Lebron will HAVE to stay at home and that takes away their best help defender and ONLY shot blocker. If we get Wallace, he will cream Joe Smith/Varejao/Villanueva in the post and still stretch the floor when Dwight has the ball. Dwight will face up Shaq and use his quickness to get around him.

+1

Even if we don't get Wallace, LeBron would have to stay at home on Pietrus and Shard can still draw the PF out. If we get Bass or McDyess, I still like the way we match up, since they both have a decent mid-range game.

Do you seriously believe we are going to stay put in free agency? With 8 guys on the roster? With the possibilities of a sign-and-trade with Turk to get him the money he is asking for? Do you think we are going to go into the season with 3 frontcourt players, including Lewis? Back of the ledge man, the roster is not nearly complete.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

Do you seriously believe we are going to stay put in free agency? With 8 guys on the roster? With the possibilities of a sign-and-trade with Turk to get him the money he is asking for? Do you think we are going to go into the season with 3 frontcourt players, including Lewis? Back of the ledge man, the roster is not nearly complete.

I think we will pick up new players, it just better be someone good. We were stupid and let Ariza slip away to L.A. and look what happened to them.

VC trade means by by to Hedo, as i think this is a back step for Orlando. Iagree, what did VCdo all season and what did Hedo do..

VC, D12, Meer and Shard all will play , all want to play own ball and Orlando's team play will finish next year. Hedo was brain of the team. Maybe you ll not agree with me but i believe this.

quote:
Originally posted by aJJa:

VC trade means by by to Hedo, as i think this is a back step for Orlando. Iagree, what did VCdo all season and what did Hedo do..

VC, D12, Meer and Shard all will play , all want to play own ball and Orlando's team play will finish next year. Hedo was brain of the team. Maybe you ll not agree with me but i believe this.

I just think everyone will want the ball and want to score all the time and our great team chemistry of last year will be undermined because of this VC deal.

quote:

quote:

I just think everyone will want the ball and want to score all the time and our great team chemistry of last year will be undermined because of this VC deal.

This really makes no sense, everyone will want the ball more now all of a sudden?

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

quote:

This really makes no sense, everyone will want the ball more now all of a sudden?

Hedo was setting game. He was delivering the ball.. He had control on last balls. He was on fire in the last minutes, 4th quarter. Now, Rashard, Vince, Jameer all will try to prove that "i can save the team. I can make what Hedo did." But they will try to finish the ball. All of Orlando players needed Hedo, now Vince will try to kill the ball. Rashard will try to show himself. Jameer is useless. Dwight will wait the ball in the paint. But VC will not think him. Now showtime. Personal show area is amway. But this personal game sellection may end the team play

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well it seemed like Lee and Alston were willing to share the ball and I think VC will want the ball a lot which means less touches for Dwight.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

I think we will pick up new players, it just better be someone good. We were stupid and let Ariza slip away to L.A. and look what happened to them.

You mean they acquired Gasol for a bunch of expirings and draft picks and then made the finals?

Ah, the old chemistry argument. That really held back Boston. Shaq and Kobe never got along but they won 3 titles and made 4 finals appearances. The last appearance was with Gary Payton and Karl Malone. They won 67 games that year and cruised until they ran into Detroit. That Detroit starting lineup had 5 players who were all stars at some point or another. Nobody seems to think Richard Jefferson is going to ruin their chemistry with Parker/Ginobili/Duncan.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well it seemed like Lee and Alston were willing to share the ball and I think VC will want the ball a lot which means less touches for Dwight.

You know Vince averaged the same amount of assists as Hedo, right? You probably didn't....but there you go. Carter took a backseat to Devin Harris last year and had no problem doing it, he's more of a team player than people give him credit for.