Sign in to follow this  
crazyorlandofan

VC trade is a step back for us you watch

quote:
If we land a starting quality PF, we shore up rebounding issues, and Carter takes care of the ball better than Turk and helps control our turnover problems.

That's a big IF that must be filled or we will struggle.

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by ***THE ORIGINAL***:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

Delonte West is gonna guard Vince Carter?

At worst, it is a lateral move short term that is better for the long term. They avoid giving a 30 year old player a 5 year deal which would allowed no cap flexibility while the rest of the league changed their rosters to matchup with them.

well, he will gaurd him better than he gaurded Turk.

I agree with the short term thing. Just like what we(Cavs) are doing with Shaq.

you would think that. 6 years ago, this would be huge, but Shaq now has declined alot. But if Varejao does leave, i guess Cleveland needs someone else to play the "Flopper" position

No because according to SVG, we got Shaq for that.lol The only way we keep Andy is if his greedy Agent (HWNSNBU) decides to let Andy make the decisions for a once. I hope he takes the player option for one more year. That will give us more cap flexibilty next year also.

Other teams hate Andy,They call him a flopper and all that crap, there is obviously a reason.

I dont care if he flops 50 times a game if he gets the calls.

quote:
He was one of the reason the Cavs had such a hard time with us and caused matchup problems with him and Lewis on the floor. VC is much shorter than Turk and I believe the Cavs will have a much easier time guarding him and now we won't have Turk to cause havok for the matchup problems they had.

I want someone to explain to me how Turk's size causes mismatch problems. He has no back to the basket game. He plays the same way on the perimeter no matter who is guarding him.

Seriously, I'm all ears.

quote:
Originally posted by crazyorlandofan:

quote:
If we land a starting quality PF, we shore up rebounding issues, and Carter takes care of the ball better than Turk and helps control our turnover problems.

That's a big IF that must be filled or we will struggle.

How exactly is that a big IF? We still hold the cards with Turk in possible sign-and-trades. Wallace, McDyess, and Bass are out there, and Varejao just opted out. We have 8 players on the roster right now, if you think we are going to sit still over the next week you are insane.

First of all, don't assume Hedo was coming back if we don't make this trade. We offered Hedo a new deal that he turned down, the Magic were not really willing to pay much more than that so they did what they needed to do, acquire someone to fill the void.

Rafer Alston and Tony Battie were not losses, they were overpaid backups that were not in the Magic's plans for this season. The only thing we lost in the deal was Courtney Lee. Which sucks, but why do people continue to leave Ryan Anderson out of this? He had just as good of a rookie season as Lee...he's a 6'10 PF who is a decent rebounder and can hit the three. We got another young talent in return for Lee, but for some reason people act like we never acquired Anderson.

This was a good trade for the Magic. Could it turn out bad? Of course, any deal could. But it's something that had to be done, Hedo was probably on his way out the door and we needed someone to fill the void, and we actually upgraded. Vince Carter is a better player, even at his age.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
He was one of the reason the Cavs had such a hard time with us and caused matchup problems with him and Lewis on the floor. VC is much shorter than Turk and I believe the Cavs will have a much easier time guarding him and now we won't have Turk to cause havok for the matchup problems they had.

I want someone to explain to me how Turk's size causes mismatch problems. He has no back to the basket game. He plays the same way on the perimeter no matter who is guarding him.

Seriously, I'm all ears.

He is 6' 10" and Lewis is too and their height made them hard to guard for other teams. Cleveland's guards are smaller so they had a hard time, now Delonte West can guard VC easier because he is only 6' 6".

quote:

quote:

Seriously, I'm all ears.

You won't get an answer. And even if you did, I fail to see how Rashard Lewis at 6'10 doesn't provide the same size mismatch. Then consider how much better Lewis' post game is than Turk's, and its a pretty bad argument.

If Cleveland doesn't keep Varejao, who exactly mans the 4 spot for them?

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Courtney Lee hurts, but remember he was a second round pick. He was very good, but was never going to be a superstar in this league. We got in return a stud in VC that can easily replace CLee in the lineup. PLUS we got Anderson, another great young player, great shooter and rebounder.

Lee was not a second round pick and who knows if he will be an all star in the future

very true...late first round...that was a brain fart, and we really don't know about his future. But it wouldn't have been as bright here in Orlando...meaning his numbers of shots wouldn't be great, he can do much better somewhere else, where he can be a second or third option for a team, not the fifth.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:

quote:

Seriously, I'm all ears.

You won't get an answer. And even if you did, I fail to see how Rashard Lewis at 6'10 doesn't provide the same size mismatch. Then consider how much better Lewis' post game is than Turk's, and its a pretty bad argument.

If Cleveland doesn't keep Varejao, who exactly mans the 4 spot for them?

The answer is above you ^^^

to the op, how do u feel about the trade IF we resign Turk and pick up Bass?

in the end, we trade skip, battie, lee for vince, anderson, bass