Sign in to follow this  
crazyorlandofan

VC trade is a step back for us you watch

here's a novel idea:

let's wait until free agency is over, then judge the team. the only fans i've heard judge a season this early are Cleveland fans in general

Delonte West is gonna guard Vince Carter?

At worst, it is a lateral move short term that is better for the long term. They avoid giving a 30 year old player a 5 year deal which would allowed no cap flexibility while the rest of the league changed their rosters to matchup with them.

I actually agree with this. We were an up and coming young team with a unique chemistry who suprised everybody and made it to the finals ... who just lost 2 major pieces who contributed to getting us into the finals.

Plus, we would have been primed to possibly pick up Bosch, and now we inherited another 16 mil plus 32 y.o. guy who hasn't really proved he can lead his team deep in the playoffs (like say a Wade or Lebron can...)

And... we, all of a sudden, are a tad bit older as a team....

Time to rekindle new chemistry too....

In other words, we CANNOT afford to lose HEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basically op is saying that hedu > vc and paying 5mil. for a backup pg is smart, and apparantly the magic got nothing of value for clee. i forgot, battie and lee caused so many matchup problems for other teams. seriously though, you need to stop watching espn because those idiots have clouded your brain.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Do you people honestly feel Hedo was the lone reason we made it to the Finals?

It was a team effort, but Hedo was the floor general, made it possible for others to shine.

Dont tell me it was Jameer.

He didnt play for 5 months and when he came back, he came back to back up and let fisher sink that 3. That cost the magic a shining cup, and players some rings with emerald on top.

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomagicin09:

nttnybuc you hit it on the head!....maybe this guy is a cav fan??? AMIRITE??!! 8)

No, I just feel that without Lee, Alsotn, Turk, and Battie we will be way worse off. VC was totally not worth it IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by crazyorlandofan:

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomagicin09:

nttnybuc you hit it on the head!....maybe this guy is a cav fan??? AMIRITE??!! 8)

No, I just feel that without Lee, Alsotn, Turk, and Battie we will be way worse off. VC was totally not worth it IMO.

alston/battie were overpaid backups. you're acting like lee is going to be starting an all star game any time soon, he wont. he probably will never be an all star reserve either. your logic is awful

quote:
Originally posted by ClubMed:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Do you people honestly feel Hedo was the lone reason we made it to the Finals?

It was a team effort, but Hedo was the floor general, made it possible for others to shine.

Dont tell me it was Jameer.

He didnt play for 5 months and when he came back, he came back to back up and let fisher sink that 3. That cost the magic a shining cup, and players some rings with emerald on top.

It was painfully obvious when Jameer came back he messed with the flow and the chemistry of the team. Look at how well Alston performed without Jameer in the line up. This is why our chemistry was so important and I honestly think the VC trade just screwed this up beyond repair.

Jameer was a much bigger part of why we where so succesful in the first half of the year. His all-star play had us with the best record in the league. Alston was a rental, he was excellent don't get me wrong. But it was going to be a problem having Nelson starting and Alston wanting to start. Also Alston I believe, had one more year on his contract and he was gone. Otis used that expiring contract, finally, to get us someone here for a longer term.

Battie wasn't good at all. At this point on his career. I thank all he did for us but it was time to move on. This was nothing.

Courtney Lee hurts, but remember he was a second round pick. He was very good, but was never going to be a superstar in this league. We got in return a stud in VC that can easily replace CLee in the lineup. PLUS we got Anderson, another great young player, great shooter and rebounder.

I was upset when the trade happened, but as I sit and think about it, it made sense and it was a very good trade.

We have 4 All-Stars starting for us now...4. If you get Rasheed, that's 5 all-stars. Maybe not current but 5 guys that can play at that level. Think about that...

then think about Courtney. He has the potential to be a very very good player. But can he be an all-star SG?.....