Sign in to follow this  
crazyorlandofan

VC trade is a step back for us you watch

I think it was incredibly stupid to trade Lee, Alston, and Battie away. Mostly just Lee and Alston though and here's why. Lee had a terrific rookie season and was excellent at scoring, while Alston was a good contributor out at the three. These guys were a huge reason we made it as far as we did in the playoffs.

Now because we got VC we are going to lose Turkoglu who was a great player as well. He was one of the reason the Cavs had such a hard time with us and caused matchup problems with him and Lewis on the floor. VC is much shorter than Turk and I believe the Cavs will have a much easier time guarding him and now we won't have Turk to cause havok for the matchup problems they had. Hell, now that they have Shaq, since Dwight just backed down their center and he doesn't really have any offensive moves down low I believe that we screwed ourselves over by picking up VC. Shaq can body up Dwight and he won't get the dunks he is used to now. This will open up other options for Cleveland because Dwight won't require a doubleteam anymore.

Don't get me wrong, VC can shoot and is a great player, but we lost the players that made our team flow as a unit and they caused matchup hell for the opposing teams, especially the Cavs.

Do you agree?

I think it was incredibly stupid to trade Lee, Alston, and Battie away. Mostly just Lee and Alston though and here's why. Lee had a terrific rookie season and was excellent at scoring, while Alston was a good contributor out at the three. These guys were a huge reason we made it as far as we did in the playoffs.

Now because we got VC we are going to lose Turkoglu who was a great player as well. He was one of the reason the Cavs had such a hard time with us and caused matchup problems with him and Lewis on the floor. VC is much shorter than Turk and I believe the Cavs will have a much easier time guarding him and now we won't have Turk to cause havok for the matchup problems they had. Hell, now that they have Shaq, since Dwight just backed down their center and he doesn't really have any offensive moves down low I believe that we screwed ourselves over by picking up VC. Shaq can body up Dwight and he won't get the dunks he is used to now. This will open up other options for Cleveland because Dwight won't require a doubleteam anymore.

Don't get me wrong, VC can shoot and is a great player, but we lost the players that made our team flow as a unit and they caused matchup hell for the opposing teams, especially the Cavs.

Do you agree?

If having Carter on our team doesn't produce results similar to this year...and we lose Turk in free agency...the this trade will most certainly be second guessed.

Being a huge Magic fan, I just want to win a championship.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Why do people act like Alston is an assest? He was a one year rental, he was never in the long term plans.

True but he was a big part of why we made it so far. IMO we shouldn't have traded him.

quote:
Originally posted by crazyorlandofan:

Do you agree?

You have summed it up pretty nicely.

What is there not to agree?

I wish franchise could see this too.

quote:
Originally posted by crazyorlandofan:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Why do people act like Alston is an assest? He was a one year rental, he was never in the long term plans.

True but he was a big part of why we made it so far. IMO we shouldn't have traded him.

He was as good as gone. Everyone knew it, intact I was expecting us to trade for cap relief. It's great we got an 8 time all star in return.

6 million is too much to pay for a backup PG with a poor attitude.