Sign in to follow this  
hblackmf

Worst Trade Ever

Okay, So I'm in my room, when I hear my brother cheer. I yell "what is it?." He says "We got Vince Carter for Rafer Alston." Then I hear my dad say "What a steal." I was thrilled, but then my mom continued reading the article and said "and Courtney Lee." The entire room was drop dead silent. Why would you trade a rookie who is going to have, from what we have seen, a great career for a 32 year old who has maybe 2-4 years left. I like VC, but CL was the future.

Okay, So I'm in my room, when I hear my brother cheer. I yell "what is it?." He says "We got Vince Carter for Rafer Alston." Then I hear my dad say "What a steal." I was thrilled, but then my mom continued reading the article and said "and Courtney Lee." The entire room was drop dead silent. Why would you trade a rookie who is going to have, from what we have seen, a great career for a 32 year old who has maybe 2-4 years left. I like VC, but CL was the future.

quote:
Originally posted by hblackmf:

They say that Anderson is a very good young prospect as well.

quote:

You mean Worst thread ever. Just ad an H and change the order of some letters....you almost got it!

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

They say that Anderson is a very good young prospect as well.

just a big unathletic 3 point shooting white guy

lee for carter makes sense, its a win now thing, thats fine... the problem i have is im afraid otis smith wanted ryan anderson and added lee to do so

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Yeah, how could we trade away the future MVP Lee? He's clearly going to score 30 ppg someday.

Come on people, I loved CLee but people continue to overrate him.

I'm just saying that he was pretty good this year and that VC is kind of old, that's all.

You're letting your emotions get the best of you. Obviously Lee was a fan favorite, mine too at that.

But let's not be jaded to think that Lee will ever, ever be on the same level as a Vince Carter. If not for possible financial implications,; based on talent, you make that trade 101 times out of 100.

Because we want to win now and the next 2-4 years and not 10 years from now? How is this not a great move? Unless Vince gets hurt and misses the season I can not see how anyone is crticizing this deal. As much as I liked Lee this is a great great move. Give me a break.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

Because we want to win now and the next 2-4 years and not 10 years from now? How is this not a great move? Unless Vince gets hurt and misses the season I can not see how anyone is crticizing this deal. As much as I liked Lee this is a great great move. Give me a break.

Not 10 years from now, over the course of the next 10 years

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Yeah, how could we trade away the future MVP Lee? He's clearly going to score 30 ppg someday.

Come on people, I loved CLee but people continue to overrate him.

I'm just saying that he was pretty good this year and that VC is kind of old, that's all.

So? We aren't building towards the future, we are trying to get a ring now.