Sign in to follow this  
Magic Fan 4 Life

The Magic should try and get Tyler Hansbrough

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

Post a link to your opinion, or it isn't your opinion. Further more, if your opinion hasn't been proven on the court and you don't have evidence to back it up, then it defies all logic. Because, as we all know, if your opinion can't be proven, it doesn't count.

I mean seriously, what is going on here?

If you had read his post you wouldn't have responded with something this ........on the other hand yes you would.

He said this:

"that is such a good point. i could never understand why front offices hire scouts and actually take them serious"

And so why not post the link to the information posted by various scouts about certain players.

Of course if it's just his opinion then making such a blanket statement about a player defies logic, ........................

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
Over time he could develop into a pretty solid player. But he likely won't ever be a go-to power forward.

He's not big enough to play PF in this league. He'll get abused down low. His best hope is to be a 2nd or 3rd guy off the bench that gets a few rebounds.

Fortunately, we don't have any draft picks this year.

So Boozer would be tall enough, but not Hansborough who is the same height is there something wrong with that picture.

It seems that the logic about your post does not exist.

Yes I have noted that several people on this forum have mentioned Boozer as a dream player to play with the Magic. Yet if you look at the two players body type they are the same.

So tell me again why you consider Hansborough too small???????????

And before you say it I noted the Boozer comments in several different threads not here, because that would just make more people like myself ask what is the difference.

finally! it's possible for me to not only agree with PEC but support PECs post! people hate on hansborough cuz he's ugly to watch but bottom line - he gets it done. not to mention he's grading out and measuring out the exact same as griffin...and no one is crying about him. at WORST you're getting a workout warrior who's gonna go balls to the wall whenever he's on the court. you can't hate on that.

That's the kind of players like Otis likes and just look at the other Magic players they are all in that mode.

To all those who say tyler hansbrough has no athleticism:

He may not be vince carter, but the dude gets up, no doubt about it.

Oh and by the way, I'm a Duke and Gators fan. I hate the Tar Heels.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

Post a link to your opinion, or it isn't your opinion. Further more, if your opinion hasn't been proven on the court and you don't have evidence to back it up, then it defies all logic. Because, as we all know, if your opinion can't be proven, it doesn't count.

I mean seriously, what is going on here?

If you had read his post you wouldn't have responded with something this ........on the other hand yes you would.

He said this:

"that is such a good point. i could never understand why front offices hire scouts and actually take them serious"

And so why not post the link to the information posted by various scouts about certain players.

Of course if it's just his opinion then making such a blanket statement about a player defies logic, ........................

I would suggest taking a class on reading comprehension, but you might take a hit to that GPA.

You see, he gave his opinion on Tyler's ability to become a solid NBA player. You then proclaimed his opinion was a "blanket statement that defies all logic", because he has not yet played in the NBA. M4gic then kindly pointed out that NBA teams pay good money for scouts to do just that, formulate opinions on someone's ability to play in the NBA prior to them having played in the league.

Sure, M4gic is not an NBA scout, but surely formulating an opinion on someone's ability to play in the NBA does not defy all logic if people get paid good money to do just that. You didn't say that his opinion was worthless because he was not an NBA scout and was just some random message board member. You told him specifically that Tyler had not yet played in the NBA and therefore, formulating an opinion that he was not suited to be an NBA player defied all logic.

It's called a prediction. have you ever formulated an opinion on the outcome of a game before the game was played? Did that defy all logic, since the game had yet to be played? I mean, why not wait until after the game is over and THEN post your opinion about what will happen, since it will be much easier to do so. How about the weather? Does it defy all logic to try to predict the weather? Why don't news broadcasts start giving us their "opinion" about what the weather will be like yesterday since it already happened.

How can it defy all logic to take information, interpret it, and apply it to reach an opinion about how a specific situation will turn out?

Also I find the arguement for not wanting to get a guaranteed contract on the team very weak. If you think someone will be a good player, you have 5 years to develop and play him for under 2 mil a year.

That a solid rotational player for 5 years for less than two mil a year. I don't see what the issue is, tbh.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

To all those who say tyler hansbrough has no athleticism:

He may not be vince carter, but the dude gets up, no doubt about it.

Oh and by the way, I'm a Duke and Gators fan. I hate the Tar Heels.

Pretty much everything I have read about him says he has a non-stop motor, decent skills, and will be a solid energy guy off the bench.

Adam Morrison and JJ Redick ring a bell?

Please dont even consider drafting him...it would not be a good fit for the short-term..but I do believe he might develop into a David Lee type player later on in his career..not saying that David Lee is anything special, but people love to mention him as a top free agent...for reasons I will never understand

quote:

I have been talking about snagging Psycho T since everyone started talking about him slipping to the bottom of the draft.

I heard all these arguments two years ago when David Lee was coming out of Florida. Too small, not strong enough, no athleticism, will get beat up too much. And lo and behold. We go with mr. Fran V and skip out on a guy a lot of people were calling to go into the all star game.

Mark my words. Tyler Hansbrough is another David Lee waiting to happen. Their games are remarkably similar to each other. Fundamentally sound power forwards, with a will to rebound, and a good basketball IQ. He has just enough of a mid range jumper to make up for any offensive post problems. The dude plays good solid defense, is a work a-holic in the gym, and is very coach-able. Their will ALWAYS be room in the NBA for guys like him.

He would also fit very well int he magic's system. Much like how Udonis Haslem got such a great boost from playing along side Shaq in Miami. You put hard working guys like these next to dominant post players and they will just tear other teams apart down low through just rebounding and second chance points. His jumper is good enough to give Dwight space. And dont give me that crap about its too ugly for the NBA. They said the same thing about Rashard's jumper. It doesnt matter how ugly it is as long as it works.

The main thing is people focus to much on size and athleticism these days. Dwight is actually only 6'11. Thats undersized for the center position. But because he has other stuff to make up for it we never really hear about it.

Ohh and to all those people who think Psycho T isn't athletic. Just go look up some of his dunk hilights on youtube. He may not have B. Griffin ups, but he deffinitely can get airborne.

and what do you suppose we give up to get the draft pick?

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

I have been talking about snagging Psycho T since everyone started talking about him slipping to the bottom of the draft.

I heard all these arguments two years ago when David Lee was coming out of Florida. Too small, not strong enough, no athleticism, will get beat up too much. And lo and behold. We go with mr. Fran V and skip out on a guy a lot of people were calling to go into the all star game.

Mark my words. Tyler Hansbrough is another David Lee waiting to happen. Their games are remarkably similar to each other. Fundamentally sound power forwards, with a will to rebound, and a good basketball IQ. He has just enough of a mid range jumper to make up for any offensive post problems. The dude plays good solid defense, is a work a-holic in the gym, and is very coach-able. Their will ALWAYS be room in the NBA for guys like him.

He would also fit very well int he magic's system. Much like how Udonis Haslem got such a great boost from playing along side Shaq in Miami. You put hard working guys like these next to dominant post players and they will just tear other teams apart down low through just rebounding and second chance points. His jumper is good enough to give Dwight space. And dont give me that crap about its too ugly for the NBA. They said the same thing about Rashard's jumper. It doesnt matter how ugly it is as long as it works.

The main thing is people focus to much on size and athleticism these days. Dwight is actually only 6'11. Thats undersized for the center position. But because he has other stuff to make up for it we never really hear about it.

Ohh and to all those people who think Psycho T isn't athletic. Just go look up some of his dunk hilights on youtube. He may not have B. Griffin ups, but he deffinitely can get airborne.

Trade exception.

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

A combo of any of these players?

Alston, Lue, Johnson, Reddick, Richardson, Battie, Foyle, *snicker* the last year of Fran's rights...

Maybe some cash considerations. But those expiring contracts of alston and battie will have to look nice to some teams. that and i guarantee a team in need of a point would love to snag alston.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

Also I find the arguement for not wanting to get a guaranteed contract on the team very weak. If you think someone will be a good player, you have 5 years to develop and play him for under 2 mil a year.

That a solid rotational player for 5 years for less than two mil a year. I don't see what the issue is, tbh.

This!