Sign in to follow this  
FloridianaJones

Rashard trying to work out with Team USA this summer. (link)

http://www.boston.com/sports/b...old_for_summer_camp/

quote:
I'd most definitely love to represent my country," he said. "But I think that's another steppingstone, another goal of mine to not only win an NBA ring, but a gold medal. [Teammate] Dwight [Howard] got one. It's nothing but motivation.

I think Rashard would fit in great with the International style of play. Does he have a place on Team USA?

http://www.boston.com/sports/b...old_for_summer_camp/

quote:
I'd most definitely love to represent my country," he said. "But I think that's another steppingstone, another goal of mine to not only win an NBA ring, but a gold medal. [Teammate] Dwight [Howard] got one. It's nothing but motivation.

I think Rashard would fit in great with the International style of play. Does he have a place on Team USA?

Possibly but he'll be more of the Prince type of guy since the talent is so deep. Maybe him and Redd and tag team on the wings and just rain the threes...speaking of Redd that guy needs to go to a contender! So much talent he has.

How about he goes to the weight room and puts on some muscle so you don't play so soft, then learn how to put the ball on the floor and create for someone else, I think 118 mil should at least do that. After that do offensive rebounding drills boxing out Dwight so you don't give up 5 rebounds a game on pure laziness. Then do some drills with diving for loose balls on the floor since I watched every game this season and cannot recall him diving on the floor or getting a loose ball.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

How about he goes to the weight room and puts on some muscle so you don't play so soft, then learn how to put the ball on the floor and create for someone else, I think 118 mil should at least do that. After that do offensive rebounding drills boxing out Dwight so you don't give up 5 rebounds a game on pure laziness. Then do some drills with diving for loose balls on the floor since I watched every game this season and cannot recall him diving on the floor or getting a loose ball.

Or how about he plays out of position and averages the second most points on a Conference Championship team. Until he does that, it is tough to say that he deserves any money at all

quote:

Although sometimes I would like to see more effort from Shard, remember still that this guy is 30, and leaping for loose balls usually can end up getting you hurt.

Also, our system is built around Dwight getting most of the rebounds, the rest go to whoever happens to be there at the time. That's one of the reasons we were such a good defensive team, because other than Dwight, the rest of the team gets back on defense to prevent fast breaks.

The problem against the Lakers was that we gave up the ball way too much and they killed us with fast break points.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

Or how about he plays out of position and averages the second most points on a Conference Championship team. Until he does that, it is tough to say that he deserves any money at all

Shard is a PF, he has not played SF in a long time. Do you watch him play? He is so slow and SVG has said that he is slow and can't defend 3's in the league. He is a PF so that argument doesn't work. Yeah I know he is the second leading scorer he averages like 18 points a game and takes almost 10 3's a game. Real impressive, he can't handle the ball,pass,defend,rebound or create his own shot. Yet he is one of the highest paid players in the league. He makes more than Dwight Howard, enough said. He has enough size to play PF in the league, a lot of guys have been smaller than him and done just fine.

Perhaps Shard forgot his tendenitis was so bad this year he was barely functional when the playoffs started???

If I were Otis I'd want him scratching this thought from his noggin and using the summers to rest those knees I invested 20M a year in over the next 4.