Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD***BUCKS vs MAGIC...WE WIN...99-81

agreed. bogans did and OUTSTANDING job, redds jumpers were contested. oh by the way...worst attitude of the night award...RUBEN PATTERSON. he is a freakin cry baby. hopefully we have a better turn out for the bulls. last night was SAD. the only time it got loud was when we booed a call. i swear i was the only one in my section standing and cheering at the end of each quarter. they deserved it, they played hard, no one cared.

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyMullen928:

agreed. bogans did and OUTSTANDING job, redds jumpers were contested. oh by the way...worst attitude of the night award...RUBEN PATTERSON. he is a freakin cry baby. hopefully we have a better turn out for the bulls. last night was SAD. the only time it got loud was when we booed a call. i swear i was the only one in my section standing and cheering at the end of each quarter. they deserved it, they played hard, no one cared.

Totally agree...Teams always feed off their crowds. With the game on TNT on Thursday night, hopefully there will be a huge attendance & have that place loud. BTW, those highly creative Go Magic Orlando Sentinel Cards, umm yeah, very nice...

quote:
Originally posted by jasinfla:

Totally agree...Teams always feed off their crowds. With the game on TNT on Thursday night, hopefully there will be a huge attendance & have that place loud. BTW, those highly creative Go Magic Orlando Sentinel Cards, umm yeah, very nice...

yeah nice cards...and umm nice singing guys in hats. did you see when stuff knocked the head off of the milwaukee mascot?? that was about the most exciting thing all night. lets hope TNT doesnt drop the game for lack of people showing up. although they did show magic AT bobcats earlier.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jasinfla:

yeah nice cards...and umm nice singing guys in hats. did you see when stuff knocked the head off of the milwaukee mascot?? that was about the most exciting thing all night. lets hope TNT doesnt drop the game for lack of people showing up. although they did show magic AT bobcats earlier.

Yeah that mascot bowling thing was pretty funny.Yeah that was surprising when they had the Magic & Bobcats on earlier in the season but again, if I guess there's only 2 games being played that night & if TNT is doing a doubleheader, they hafta show the earlier game. I'm sure they are probably tempted to show like 2 episodes of Charmed or Law & Order to fill the time slot until the Mavericks & Lakers game though.

stuff is seriously hurt from that bowling incident though, thats a stinker. but yeah i would expect tnt to play a "good" movie like captain ron, or demolition man...not show the magic. although id watch the celtics play the grizzlies before those movies

quote:

ha tonights game program featured james augustine, and he was the only one not to get in the game it seemed. and when they brought in jj redick what the he** was with hedo slapping away jameer's hand. he was upset about being pulled...we were ahead +20 at the time. yes he was having a great game, but thats a guy in it for his own good, not the good of his team. he sat on the bench slouched like a cry baby. i like hedo, but what i saw tonight made me ashamed. i really hope hedo has his TEAM'S best interests in mind. WHERE THE HE** WAS EVERYONE TONIGHT...THAT PLACE WAS 60% FULL MAX. didnt everyone want there free "Go Magic" poster from the orlando sentinel???

the boos are getting louder everytime b-hill is announced for those of you not there.

Thanks Casey, very interesting! Especially the last part! I could see the arena was empty watching it on the TV.. I think I might have seen some of the green FireBrianHill t-shirts in there!

" " That game was great, but the only problem I find is why was Trevor on the court when he was obviously getting mad and we were up by 30 points. He got a tech soon after and could have been in a fight. With such a big lead, he should have been pulled out." "

Didn't see the 2nd half, can someone fill me in on the near-fight?

quote:
Didn't see the 2nd half, can someone fill me in on the near-fight?

It wasn't a near fight. Charlie fouled Ariza hard. There was a timeout after the call and while walking to the bench Ariza had a few words... that was all.

Gotta say I like the anger this team is showing now, they are starting to show there fangs......

First Dallas now Milwalkee, they are angry....

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Gotta say I like the anger this team is showing now, they are starting to show there fangs......

First Dallas now Milwalkee, they are angry....

thats it. and anger fuels a young team. they need to be tired of being a joke and being walked over and complaining to officials. they need to get back in players faces. im not saying fist fight, but dont lay down. this team needs a spark.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Big J, ignore these kiddos. Your self promotion is still a lot better than WPMagic's signature or HighClassTrash's avatar.

I've thought about changing it, but you made up my mind for me... it's going to stay forever.

Forum Quidelines;...Big J

10. Do not post advertising or product/service promotions

I know this is a dead thread but!

1 im not advertising a service/product... im advertising what is my personal music page so other people can listen to it. It's not a service or a product. Nothing gets sold in there.

2 Im not selling Cd's on myspace!!!! Im promoting our music on the orlando area site's since we just moved there. And ofcourse the high population of Hispanics in Orlando. for an independent artist (under an indie label or not) the brunt of their $$$ comes from gigs not cd sales. Ill give away all the songs we create if you can guaratee me 3-4 gigs every month!!!!!!!!! anyday!!!!

If you can find a rule the applies to my promotion of my personal music space or if it bothers somebody that much... then ill take it out... all i come over here is to talk bout the magic... if i get 1 magic head to visit and like our music thats an extra bonus! LOl

some update

quote:
Grant Hill returned to practice with the Orlando Magic on Wednesday, pronounced himself fit and sounded excited about being part of his first, late-season playoff chase in seven years.

Hill missed the past three games with soreness in his left foot (caused by arthritis and a small cyst), but the inflammation has subsided, and he expects to play the final 20 regular-season games, believing they will lead into the Magic's first playoff appearance since 2003.

"Today, I felt as lively, and was bouncing around, as well as I have [all season]," Hill said after practice Wednesday. "This wasn't anything major. I feel good. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm anxious and excited about getting back out there and helping this team reach the playoffs."

Hill has missed 374 games during the past seven seasons with the Magic, slowed by ankle, shin, abdomen and knee problems. The fractured left ankle required five surgeries to fix.

He has played 45 games this season, the second-most in his Magic career. He played 67 games during the 2004-05 season, but he missed the final 10 games with a sore left shin, watching from the sideline as the Magic's playoff hopes faded that year.

He hasn't finished a regular season since 1999-2000 when he led the Detroit Pistons into the playoffs by averaging a career-best 25.8 points. He struggled, though, in that first-round playoff matchup against the Miami Heat, hobbling through the start of the left-ankle woes that the Magic inherited when they signed him as a free agent that summer.

"We want to finish this right," Hill said. "I don't think this is a situation where I'm in and out. We've got fewer games now, the practices aren't as strenuous, and we're focused on being part of the postseason."

The Magic (29-33) tonight play the Chicago Bulls (35-28), whom they have beaten twice this season. The Bulls lost 103-70 to the Heat in Miami on Wednesday night.

The Magic currently are in the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, just behind the Heat and the Indiana Pacers, and just ahead of the New Jersey Nets and New York Knicks.

"Our goal isn't just to creep in with the eight spot," said Magic Coach Brian Hill after practice. "We still have a quarter of the season left. Our goal is to win each and every game, and if we do that, we'll be better than eighth."

Brian Hill confirmed that Grant Hill would play tonight against the Bulls, but he said he was unsure whether the shooting guard would be in the starting lineup, even though he has started in every game he has played.

The Magic might be better off keeping defensive-minded Keith Bogans in the starting lineup to better slow Bulls leading scorer Ben Gordon, who had 48 points earlier this week against the Milwaukee Bucks, and use Hill in reserve.

When the Magic beat the Bulls last week in Chicago, Hill had 15 points, but Bogans didn't play.

The Magic won by dominating around the basket, getting 16 rebounds from both Dwight Howard and Darko Milicic. The entire Bulls teams managed just 31 rebounds.

Although the Bulls are expected to start center Ben Wallace and power forward P.J. Brown -- a good defensive frontcourt -- they often switch to a smaller, quicker lineup, looking for mismatches and forcing other teams to adapt. In Chicago, though, the Magic mostly stayed with Howard and Milicic, and they used the mismatches to their own advantage.

"We can't let other teams impose their will on us," Howard said. "We have to be the ones to impose our will on them. When we go big, they have to play us, and we should win those games. When we play big, that's how we're going to win games."

Also in that Chicago game, Howard managed his first career triple-double, recording 21 points and a franchise-record 11 turnovers. The Magic won despite a whopping 26 turnovers.

The Magic still are without veteran center/power forward Tony Battie, who will miss his 14th consecutive game with a fractured right thumb. He might be available for Sunday's game in Houston.

"Every game now is a very, very important game for us," Brian Hill said. "We were fortunate to get a road win there last week.

"We'll have to play just as hard, as well, maybe better to get another win against them."

TONIGHT'S GAME'This wasn't any-thing major. I feel good. . . . I'm anxious and excited about getting back out there and helping this team reach the playoffs.'

Grant Hill,

who expects to play the final 20 regular-season games

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic