Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 3 - Game 6: Playoffs Game Thread Magic vs Cavaliers 5/30 8:30 P.M.

I think Lebrons one on one defense is overrated..The Magic should make him work on both ends of the floor, instead of him resting off our weakest offesnive players..Wear The King down!!!

Reddick will probably get some burn tonight. I look to see a lot of JJ/Lee back court to create more space for Howard.

Maybe Lue should get some burn since he can shoot the 3 better than AJ and Rafer.

quote:
Originally posted by XaviInThe407:

I think Lebrons one on one defense is overrated..The Magic should make him work on both ends of the floor, instead of him resting off our weakest offesnive players..Wear The King down!!!

Don't count on it. We haven't challenged LeBron all series and I doubt Stan is going to alter the game plan to do so.

Before I get to X-Factors, a big key tonight is the Magic picking a poison defensively on the King of Crab Dribbles. Much like how other teams usually fare better when they try to take the shooters away and just let Dwight go for as much offense as he wants inside one-on-one, the main key is... just as it has been all series... to force LeBron into being "selfish Kobe," if you will. His 35 points and 11 dimes is much more dangerous than his 48 points with 3 or 4 assists.

It's just what we do to Dwayne Wade. Take his teammates completely out of their rhythm and the game, and force LBJ to shoulder the scoring load for 3.5 quarters. Preferably from the outside, not the paint, by the way. This'll limit fouls on Dwight & Shard as well.

Then in the last 3-4 minutes if LeBron is red hot... and I don't understand why SVG hasn't done this yet... trap LeBron hard (Brandon Roy/Dwayne Wade) and force his teammates to beat you when they haven't been in the offensive flow the entire game.

There. Now that I've gotten that off my chest-

{X-Factors}

Okay it's Mo Williams, how hard can Delonte push it, will C-Lee do anything on the offensive end, can Rafer bounceback, can Hedo have a good home game for the first time in like, a month, and so on, and so on.

But I think this comes down to three things, for both teams, and in this order. Turnovers. Foul trouble. Free throws.

Other than the ECF Shirt being posted in the Game Thread... again... I feel good about this game. If the ref rig is in, then I think we'll have a game like Game 3. If not, well...

don't you just feel that Magic blowout coming? Since like, Game 2 or 3?

Refs Involved:

Cleveland 89

Orlando 93

Magic win series 4-2

Refs Uninvolved:

Cleveland 86

Orlando 102

Magic win series 4-2

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Before I get to X-Factors, a big key tonight is the Magic picking a poison defensively on the King of Crab Dribbles. Much like how other teams usually fare better when they try to take the shooters away and just let Dwight go for as much offense as he wants inside one-on-one, the main key is... just as it has been all series... to force LeBron into being "selfish Kobe," if you will. His 35 points and 11 dimes is much more dangerous than his 48 points with 3 or 4 assists.

It's just what we do to Dwayne Wade. Take his teammates completely out of their rhythm and the game, and force LBJ to shoulder the scoring load for 3.5 quarters. Preferably from the outside, not the paint, by the way. This'll limit fouls on Dwight & Shard as well.

Then in the last 3-4 minutes if LeBron is red hot... and I don't understand why SVG hasn't done this yet... trap LeBron hard (Brandon Roy/Dwayne Wade) and force his teammates to beat you when they haven't been in the offensive flow the entire game.

There. Now that I've gotten that off my chest-

{X-Factors}

Okay it's Mo Williams, how hard can Delonte push it, will C-Lee do anything on the offensive end, can Rafer bounceback, can Hedo have a good home game for the first time in like, a month, and so on, and so on.

But I think this comes down to three things, for both teams, and in this order. Turnovers. Foul trouble. Free throws.

Other than the ECF Shirt being posted in the Game Thread... again... I feel good about this game. If the ref rig is in, then I think we'll have a game like Game 3. If not, well...

don't you just feel that Magic blowout coming? Since like, Game 2 or 3?

Refs Involved:

Cleveland 89

Orlando 93

Magic win series 4-2

Refs Uninvolved:

Cleveland 86

Orlando 102

Magic win series 4-2

I feel the same way Sky. i love how to the point you are. it's great.

well, looking at what reffs are reffing, it looks like this should be good. possibly the "best" game of the series, in a win for us.

i feel confident we are at home and cleveland has struggled on our floor all year they have not had the flying start that they have had at home.

we have the wood the wood on these guys look at it down high teens to low twenties early in all 3 games at cleveland what happened ....we got back in those games won the first loat a heart breaker in the 2nd and failed to execute in the 3rd here it been tighter and i am glad we havent got those 20 point leads this time i think it has helped us. we go back to magic basket ball that got us the wins in games 3 & 4 in amway move the ball make the extra pass move the defence and bring in dwight and settle for some mid range jumpers we will be fine

im still going close 103 97 to magic and my 4-2 series win perdiction

Some of them are already been mentioned but anyway; here are my opinions about what should be done to win this match:

-Give Gortat more minutes both to help Howard inside and to share his fouls caused by Lebron's crab dribbles. Lessen Rafer's or AJ's minutes a bit to do this.

-Rashard, Lee and other shooters should move around the perimeter more and try to exploit the inside gaps with 3p shooting fakes, then dribbles and passes to Howard or passes to open shooters.

-Don't guard Lebron with Hedo. I think Hedo is just too slow and unathletic for him. Also it affects Hedo's offensive performance to some degree. Do it with mostly Rashard (long and fast) and/or Pietrus (faster).

-Hedo should concentrate more on having the entire team (think about his > 10ast games) mentally and scoring-wise inside the game than scoring to prove himself or compete with LBJ. Same for Alston.

-Run the game through Alston if Hedo is heavily guarded or guarded by Lebron.

-Force Lebron to use the ball himself rather than passing to teammates throughout the entire game. Keep his teammates cooled off.

-Howard should show the contacts and fouls more visually in order to get more offensive fouls in our favor.

-Do not force shots, like Hedo's fade away jumpers and long range lay ups or Howard's long range hooks or Alston's unbalanced shots etc. Try to find the open man.

Lastly, work not only hard but smart on defense.