Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

On a much more positive note...

Do any of you fans stop to think how good this team will be next year. We will probably pull it out at Boston tomorrow night, but I was watching the game last night thinking wow this team will be one of the best if not the best once Jameer is back. Sure we have to take care of the Hedo and Gortat situations, but we are really really deep.

I was thinking the biggest problem with the team this year is due to all the injuries in our back court no one really had defined roles. I mean think about it, we have used 3 different starters at the SG position and 5 different starters at PG if you count Hedo.

I think the biggest thing that is driving up our inconsistency is the lack of defined roles for each player. What this season has done is shown us the following:

#1 CLee IS our SG of the future and of the now.

#2 JJ can play quality defense and is a perfect backup/spot starter.

#3 This team really rolls when Jameer is the starter and can dish and slah to the hoop.

#4 We have a quality backup in Alston and a 3rd spot starter in AJ.

#5 MP is our defensive stopper more or less that can play SG/SF/PF. He will have a more defined role next year and that will be a big plus.

#6 Dwight continued to grow, this year moreso on the defensive end. Hopefully SVG will put some value in making Howard take jump shots during the season and develop his J. It may cost us a couple losses, but that is very very critical now.

#7 Gortat took another huge step forward where is we lose Hedo, there is a good chance Gorat could be a real quality PF in the league next to Dwight.

#8 Hopefully Hedo will look at his year and see it is not worth opting out. But we found out that Hedo may be clutch in the 4th quarter, but when called upon Lewis can be clutch as well.

Add to these positives if you want. I am excited about tomorrow nights game. This is the time for our guys to step up and stick it to them. I want to see out guys take another step forward and show the NBA how much better they are than the C's.

Do any of you fans stop to think how good this team will be next year. We will probably pull it out at Boston tomorrow night, but I was watching the game last night thinking wow this team will be one of the best if not the best once Jameer is back. Sure we have to take care of the Hedo and Gortat situations, but we are really really deep.

I was thinking the biggest problem with the team this year is due to all the injuries in our back court no one really had defined roles. I mean think about it, we have used 3 different starters at the SG position and 5 different starters at PG if you count Hedo.

I think the biggest thing that is driving up our inconsistency is the lack of defined roles for each player. What this season has done is shown us the following:

#3 This team really rolls when Jameer is the starter and can dish and slah to the hoop.

#5 MP is our defensive stopper more or less that can play SG/SF/PF. He will have a more defined role next year and that will be a big plus.

#6 Dwight continued to grow, this year moreso on the defensive end. Hopefully SVG will put some value in making Howard take jump shots during the season and develop his J. It may cost us a couple losses, but that is very very critical now.

#7 Gortat took another huge step forward where is we lose Hedo, there is a good chance Gorat could be a real quality PF in the league next to Dwight.

#8 Hopefully Hedo will look at his year and see it is not worth opting out. But we found out that Hedo may be clutch in the 4th quarter, but when called upon Lewis can be clutch as well.

Add to these positives if you want. I am excited about tomorrow nights game. This is the time for our guys to step up and stick it to them. I want to see out guys take another step forward and show the NBA how much better they are than the C's.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

I agree with everything you said, but I already tried a positive thread. It apparently didn't work out too well, it's buried at the bottom of page 2 probably. I don't think most fans are ready to be positive after last night lol.

quote:
Originally posted by CElticsRus:

If you had the Nelson and we had Garnett you still would be losing to us.

How is a 2-2 tie us losing to you? Is there special math in Boston or just special people? Boston fans are the best. Take a look at how u reacted on our home floor when u won last night and take a look at how the Bulls reacted to when they beat u. U are the Bulls in this series.

quote:
Originally posted by CElticsRus:

If you had the Nelson and we had Garnett you still would be losing to us.

lol. the next three to four years (minimum) we will be on top of the NBA contending for the conference title and NBA title.

The Celtics on the other hand..

well you'll be on par with the Grizzlies.

can you say East coast version of the Clippers?

Cuz I can, and its funny.

The only thing I disagree with is Alston as the backup. He will be traded in the offseason for nothing to make room for the resigning of Hedo and hopefully Gortat. $5mill for a backup is too much $$ for Amway.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

The only thing I disagree with is Alston as the backup. He will be traded in the offseason for nothing to make room for the resigning of Hedo and hopefully Gortat. $5mill for a backup is too much $$ for Amway.

I dunno man, his main value will be as an expiring contract, meaning we will have to take on a contract. Unless maybe they get a 3rd team involved.

I hope they just let hedo go. Id much rather get a real PF. Ideally Gortat could be that PF, but im not sure that will ever happen. It seems SVG has him cemented in as a C.

i dont to much about their situations where they are now but i would love to wave bye bye to hedo and bring in either a brandon bass or paul milsap to be our pf. also a mcdyess or wallace for the something cheap would be great off the bench if gortat gets away which he might

quote:
Originally posted by jadee0301:

i dont to much about their situations where they are now but i would love to wave bye bye to hedo and bring in either a brandon bass or paul milsap to be our pf. also a mcdyess or wallace for the something cheap would be great off the bench if gortat gets away which he might

thats if wallace is still even playing