Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Is it time to change the "whole" backcourt? Including Rafer(Daily Dime)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

JJ has done a good job defensively & he moves the ball extremely well, but his shot can't be MIA if he wants burn with the way Lee & Pietrus are playing.

Lee needs to be more aggressive like he was in the first series. Boston doesn't have legit shot blockers.

Bottom line..it doesn't matter how many assists the boy throws or how well he moves the ball...he is out there to do what his video's teach...SHOOT AND SCORE...that is what he supposedly does well.

That may be the most absurd thing you have said on this forum.

Stan will start Rafer and Courtney, and we will win game five, because that combination is what made us dominate the conference after Jameer went down. Now is not the time to reinvent the wheel. JJ absolutely deserves more minutes, and Hedo deserves less minutes. Other than that, we should stay pat with what brought us to this level.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

JJ has arrived. I think what you see now is who the NBA JJ is and will be. He won't be a nightly scorer, though he will have some great shooting games and some sub par shooting games, but he plays hard, he plays smart, and he doesn't half *** it.

He is also one of our best players at feeding the post (Lewis had some great looks to Dwight last night too).

The Magic play best when they move the ball. They move the ball best with guys like Lee and JJ in the game.

I like that line up, Smack, but I also like this one:

JJ

CLee

Pietrus

Shard

Dwight

Question: If Hedo/Lee/JJ are the ones bringing the ball up the court half the time (like last night) while AJ or Alston are in the game, what purpose are they (AJ or Alston) actually serving? At that point they seem to be more of a liability than anything, so get them out of the game.

i would have to agree with this lineup when talking about what i would like to see.

Right, and if the Celtics lose tomorrow night, they need to rebuild their entire team.

IMO...

We have filled our hole at SG with Lee/JJ/Pietrus

The only glaring hole we have is at PF. I believe that Gortat can fill that spot nicely and we should go after a real backup center that plays 5 mpg.

A frontline rotation of HowardGortatMcDyess would be very nice. Howard goes out, Gortat moves to the 5, McDyess the 4. McDyess = instant mental toughness.

Lewis should be moved to the 3 and Hedo, if resigned, should win the 6th man award coming off the bench.

It's going to take $7 mill per year to resign Gortat.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Orlando can't pay Gortat $7 mill next year.

I agree... but if you look at what all the other mediocre big men are making, that is Gortat's market value.

quote:

Right, and if the Celtics lose tomorrow night, they need to rebuild their entire team.

IMO...

The only glaring hole we have is at PF. I believe that Gortat can fill that spot nicely and we should go after a real backup center that plays 5 mpg.

A frontline rotation of HowardGortatMcDyess would be very nice. Howard goes out, Gortat moves to the 5, McDyess the 4. McDyess = instant mental toughness.

Lewis should be moved to the 3 and Hedo, if resigned, should win the 6th man award coming off the bench.

7 mil a year? Is that a joke? He will get no more than 4 and if anyone gives him more they are stupid. But this team can't even afford to give him 4 and we shouldn't. Gortat is not a PF look around the league teams play small ball and Gortat can't guard most PF. He is a BACKUP to our franchise player. He will never get minutes and although he may be a good player it doesn't matter because he is not anywhere near Dwight's talent.

I'm sorry for the Gortat fanboys but he is gone unless he is satisfied with 10 minutes a game. So in other words he is gone. Rasheed Wallace won't get 7 mil and he is a much better player than Gortat.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

IMO...

7 mil a year? Is that a joke? He will get no more than 4 and if anyone gives him more they are stupid. But this team can't even afford to give him 4 and we shouldn't. Gortat is not a PF look around the league teams play small ball and Gortat can't guard most PF. He is a BACKUP to our franchise player. He will never get minutes and although he may be a good player it doesn't matter because he is not anywhere near Dwight's talent.

I'm sorry for the Gortat fanboys but he is gone unless he is satisfied with 10 minutes a game. So in other words he is gone. Rasheed Wallace won't get 7 mil and he is a much better player than Gortat.

While your correct that Gortat won't get 7 mil, you are offbase that he isn't worth it. He will be a double-double average player who provides terrific interior defense and will have a developed mid range game as well as an already pretty effective post game. Oh yeah and he is 25 years old. And, uhm, he is a center. A lot of teams are a center away from being good.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I for one have been enormously impressed with JJ's defense (of all things) during the playoffs. He seems to be the only player out there 100% committed to shutting down every single possession. His court vision and ball movement is also off the charts.

Having said that I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if either Alston or AJ don't have it going, I would like to see a lineup on the floor consisting of either Lee or JJ at the point, with Hedo running point forward and Pietrus getting the bulk of the SG minutes.

I was surprised to see SVG go with this unit to close the game, and IMO it was our most effective 5 man unit.

I would also LOVE to see SVG yank Hedo out of the game if he continues to shoot nothing but step-back fadeaway 3ptrs in favor of a defensive unit. .

Lee

Pietrus

Shard

Gortat

Dwight

I hear that and I agree on the body of your post.

If it is a decision between AJ or Aston you go with Alston.

WOW THIS IS RARE?!

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

IMO...

While your correct that Gortat won't get 7 mil, you are offbase that he isn't worth it. He will be a double-double average player who provides terrific interior defense and will have a developed mid range game as well as an already pretty effective post game. Oh yeah and he is 25 years old. And, uhm, he is a center. A lot of teams are a center away from being good.

If he is a starter he will probably average a double double or slightly under. He probably won't be a starter right away though. I love this effective post game and midrange jumper. Are you a scout or a coach? Because as a fan you nor I can say anything about being effective because he hasn't had shots to show he is effective at anything. He averages 4 and 4 in 13 minutes a game. He has made 50 something baskets all year how do you know what he is effective at. If he had a good midrange game he would play instead of Battie. He does not because he cannot space the floor because he does not have a mid range game.