Sign in to follow this  
Tough Break There

Game of the Year

Behind the Spurs game this was the best game the Magic have played all year.For those who can't see that, welcome to the NBA, you don't win a title in the first hopeful year. Relax. If we learn to play like that consistently this team/franchise will be just fine. **** the 7th-8th seed, are you *******s interested in becoming the Indiana Pacers or the Pistons.

Behind the Spurs game this was the best game the Magic have played all year.For those who can't see that, welcome to the NBA, you don't win a title in the first hopeful year. Relax. If we learn to play like that consistently this team/franchise will be just fine. **** the 7th-8th seed, are you *******s interested in becoming the Indiana Pacers or the Pistons.

A quote from Mavs coach Avery Johnson:

quote:
"Boy, it was a battle tonight with Orlando," Mavericks Coach Avery Johnson said. "I told Coach Hill they had a "terrific" young team. We were just fortunate to win this game."

If we play the rest of the season like we did tonight we'll be fine. Even though we lost we had a lot of positives.

I garuntee you that no one in the Eastern Conference wants to play a young and energetic team like the Magic in the first round of the playoffs.

See what happens when you have a minimal amount of turnovers? If it wasn't for that rodeo first quarter, we would have been at least tied with them.

I told myself after the game, "Man, that was a good game."

It was a shame that we couldn't come out of it with a W, but Dallas is a near perfect team. Everyone on their team can shoot, so therefor if you double one, then they'll just kick it out to any of their open players.

One thing so, why do you double at all?! I've never been a fan of double teams, and you know why? Because they solve nothing. If you're facing a great team like Dallas or Phoenix, then why would you ever double team their PG? Or any of their players for that matter. It always creates a disadvantage while leaving a wide open threat. Most of Dallas' points came from wide open shots. If this team could just play man-to-man instead of zone, and KEEP their man in front of them, then we would be seeing W's at a regular basis! But no, we would rather double team the player with the ball of a screen and then leave open players on every possession.

If not for the open shots, we would have been in the 8th seed, but instead we're in the 10th.