jack daniel 999

JJ to get a chance tonight - Denton blog

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICFAN365:

i don't think people HATE brian hill. his coaching style has not really worked on a consistent basis, if at all. you ask us to put the team before one person which in this case is the coach. and i know i do but i will tell you brian hill is control of who plays as the coach and everyone can see that he is making OBVIOUS mistakes with who his starters are/how many minutes they play and HIS "ROTATION". i mean do you think that the team is making these decision? jj saying he does not want to play at all because nelson is the starter so he can take my minutes? i mean the coach can not make the shots but he can make the adjustments to put the players that can contribute to the team in. NO REAL MAGIC FAN "PULLS" FOR OUR TEAM TO LOSE.

I'm sorry, but I've seen guys on these boards admit they hope we lose to get the coach fired. And I've seen it numerous times too.

I'm gonna say it again, that is "pathetic" and I would seriously question any one who considers themselves to be a Magic fan and wants the team to lose because of the coach.

I can't wait for tonight to read up on the boards. If we lose I know it's gonna be in attack Brian Hill mode. If we win, all the guys that have been constantly harping on the coach will have to change their tune, won't they?

If we win Brian must have done "something right".

In my eyes there is nothing Brian Hill can do that is right. He may draw up a last second play to win the game, but we should not have been fighting for that last second shot had he managed his players and the game better. You can not take 1 win and say Coach Hill was a good coach. I can take every win this season and break it down and show you how bad of a coaching job Coach Hill did.

Seriouly Junkie, your vision is very clouded if you can not see it. When we went 13-4 many were not happy then because of the lack of PT for Darko, Trevor and JJ. 3 guys that will be the future. As long as we continue to go with the vets and they win it for us we are only hurting our future and its potential.

This is why we will see our young players go to another team and thrive, because they did not get a chance here. If every coach treated his players like Hill does, Hedo, Battie and grant Hill would have never made a name for themselves before coming to the Magic. They were once rookies too and their coach was smart enough to see it was important to develop them. Heck Hedo got big minutes from the beginning backing up Peja. It is something JJ should have got this season. Just like the Bucks have been starting Bogut since he was drafted. He is no better than Darko, but he may develop faster because he is given more of a chance.

Just wait until travis starts lighting it up for the Suns next season. You will really hear some people moaning then. How do you think the Hawks feel watching Diaw thrive in P***nix??? He never had an opportunity in Atlanta. Go read the message board of the Knicks. Larry Brown did not play trevor and cut Matt Barnes. Now listen to them belly ache.

Ben, I agree with what most people say about Brian and his shortcomings.

I'm talking about pulling for the team to lose cause you hate the Coach! That is just flatout wrong!!!

I honestly think some of you guys hate Brian Hill so much that you pull for the team to lose. And I've seen numerous threads indicating such. That is pathetic and wrong. I'm not trying to get anybody to change their mind. Don't care how you feel cause it's "your perrogative". I'll state again the team is more important than any coach or player.

Right now instead of continually bashing Brian you should be trying to find something positive to say about our players since this our first playoff game in 4 years. I don't know about you guys but I don't want this team leaving town! There's a thread on the board right now about where our franchise may end up.

But if we win tonight don't come in here posting we won cause Brian Hill did what I've been saying he should be doing all along.

That is laughable. If your gonna keep crticizing then don't change, even when we win.

And yes Emory it does work both ways. If we lose there is always gonna be blame. It's just that you guys put everything on Brian and I don't. He is the main one responsible but as I've said before Phil Jackson would have a hard time getting these guys into the second round.

quote:

I can't wait for tonight to read up on the boards. If we lose I know it's gonna be in attack Brian Hill mode. If we win, all the guys that have been constantly harping on the coach will have to change their tune, won't they?

Tonight is game 3, Detroit has always had problems winning game 3, so tonight we have a better chance of winning for that reason alone.

However in order for us to win Brian Hill will need to do a couple of things different than he has been doing. That in itself would be a shocker.

1. Darko needs to START!

2. JJ needs to play close to 15 minutes along with Darko and Dwight to open up the floor.

3. Darko needs to be allowed to shoot his jumpers from outside.

4. Nelson shouldn't play more than 15 minutes if he isn't making the shots. Carlos has been playing better than Nelson so play Carlos more.

5. IT IS GOING TO TAKE A TEAM EFFORT TO WIN! So maybe Brian Hill should get lost on the way to the game.

Win or lose we'll still have a dumb a$$ for a coach.

Ball junkie I agree with you when you say that it is pathetic to pull for a team to lose just there coach could get fired. that is wrong, plain and simple. and anyone on this board that WANTS the ORLANDO MAGIC to LOSE so that Brian Hill could be fired needs to step back and realize 1: it does not take a team losing to get a coach fired(san diego chargers), 2: you are not a fan of a team you WANT to lose, 3: as ball junkie said the team is bigger than brian hill, otis and company have made some great decision for this team, the orlando magic have beaten teams they "were not supposed to beat", and we have 3 possible starts for the magic who are 21. yes ariza, darko, dwight, that will do nothing but get better, you throw jj in there with his sick shooting and hill or dooling for a starting five and you have a serious problem for opposing teams. you are taking away jj "defensive issue" by having him guard the shorter of the 2 guards and having a ridiculous amount of height/defense on the court. positive talk i could go on all day but when the frustration is staring you in the face you have to talk real.

quote:
I'm gonna say it again, that is "pathetic" and I would seriously question any one who considers themselves to be a Magic fan and wants the team to lose because of the coach

Well at this point I always question the authority of another fan to judge other fans as not "real". To be honest I was kind of on the fence with the miss the playoffs thing but more or less leaning in your direction wanting to see them in there.

However if we really do get swept and we find ourselves with Bhill scratching for an 8th seed again next year as well I think those fans would have been vindicated.

That said we are in the playoffs so might as well root for at least one win or two. IF we could get to the Eastern confernce finals maybe Bhill would feel satisfied and retire. LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Hill's Clipboard:

I talked to him at length about this, I knew you guys were very upset so I really pressed the boss on this one. You all can thank me later!

I have two questions....

#1 How do you feel about the coach constantly breaking your siblings in the middle of a game.

#2 Can you hook me up with one of those hot binders?

Wow this thread has become unsafe for me. I'll answer these 2 then I better stay away from here.

The binders are very prudish Dave, I can't make any promises, now the day planners, wow they are the party girls.

Dave, I'm a little upset at your first question, why do you think that the stunt clipboards are related to me? Do you think that all clipboards are related!? You make me sick!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICFAN365:

i don't think people HATE brian hill. his coaching style has not really worked on a consistent basis, if at all. you ask us to put the team before one person which in this case is the coach. and i know i do but i will tell you brian hill is control of who plays as the coach and everyone can see that he is making OBVIOUS mistakes with who his starters are/how many minutes they play and HIS "ROTATION". i mean do you think that the team is making these decision? jj saying he does not want to play at all because nelson is the starter so he can take my minutes? i mean the coach can not make the shots but he can make the adjustments to put the players that can contribute to the team in. NO REAL MAGIC FAN "PULLS" FOR OUR TEAM TO LOSE.

I'm sorry, but I've seen guys on these boards admit they hope we lose to get the coach fired. And I've seen it numerous times too.

I'm gonna say it again, that is "pathetic" and I would seriously question any one who considers themselves to be a Magic fan and wants the team to lose because of the coach.

In my eyes there is nothing Brian Hill can do that is right. He may draw up a last second play to win the game, but we should not have been fighting for that last second shot had he managed his players and the game better. You can not take 1 win and say Coach Hill was a good coach. I can take every win this season and break it down and show you how bad of a coaching job Coach Hill did.

Seriouly Junkie, your vision is very clouded if you can not see it. When we went 13-4 many were not happy then because of the lack of PT for Darko, Trevor and JJ. 3 guys that will be the future. As long as we continue to go with the vets and they win it for us we are only hurting our future and its potential.

This is why we will see our young players go to another team and thrive, because they did not get a chance here. If every coach treated his players like Hill does, Hedo, Battie and grant Hill would have never made a name for themselves before coming to the Magic. They were once rookies too and their coach was smart enough to see it was important to develop them. Heck Hedo got big minutes from the beginning backing up Peja. It is something JJ should have got this season. Just like the Bucks have been starting Bogut since he was drafted. He is no better than Darko, but he may develop faster because he is given more of a chance.

Just wait until travis starts lighting it up for the Suns next season. You will really hear some people moaning then. How do you think the Hawks feel watching Diaw thrive in P***nix??? He never had an opportunity in Atlanta. Go read the message board of the Knicks. Larry Brown did not play trevor and cut Matt Barnes. Now listen to them belly ache.

Ben, I agree with what most people say about Brian and his shortcomings.

I'm talking about pulling for the team to lose cause you hate the Coach! That is just flatout wrong!!!

I agree pulling for a team to lose is wrong, But tell me how satisfied you are as a fan if your team is led by Outlaw, Garrity, Hill, Battie and Hedo and get a win, Versus being led by Dwight, Darko, JJ and Trevor and get the win?

You are happy both times, but the first should be an exception not a rule of how we win.

The way Brian Hill does it is he thinks his Vets get us the win and that actually does something for the team. Well it does nothing except stunt the growth of the future. It makes Coach Hill too reliant upon guys past their prime or guys that will never be more than mediocre. It also discourages our young talent because they do not get a chance to prove they can become more than the players infront of them.

There is no other way to slice it, because in the first scenario, even if we win with those guys, we all feel like we loss. So pulling for a team to lose is not right, but pulling for those guys to win is more wrong. Nothing good comes out of our veterans pulling out a win.

Just go and ask the Portland Trailblazers what it did for them??? It made them trade Jermaine O'Neal because they thought he would never be worth a dammm. Also ask Toronto fans how they feel about Lenny Wilkens and how he treated/played TMAC. Want to see the same thing happen to the Magic and their young guys????

Magic coach Brian Hill admitted Thursday morning that he was contemplating using the rookie

Well guess what will happen when Hill said he was contemplating?

No JJ won't play as much as we want it.

Bhill contemplate 'bout everything but nothing he do.

Schmitz chimes in...

Strategy Change: Make Way For J.J.

Posted on Apr 26, 2007 2:43:21 PM

Magic Coach Brian Hill says he likely will use rookie J.J. Redick for the first time in the playoffs tonight against the Detroit Pistons, looking to take some pressure off Dwight Howard.

"I think there are situations, when we substitute, if Dwight is in the game, in particular, and we're trying to establish him as a post presence inside, we need a certain amount of spacing out there.

"Sometimes we don't always have that . . .and think it gives us an opportunity, for J.J., to get out there a little bit and see if his presence on the floor can open up the game a little bit," Hill said.

Redick worked his way into the rotation after mid-season, replacing Keith Bogans. He did not play in the first two playoff games against the Pistons and actually intimated that his season was over.

Redick was taking a break working out before game 2 in Auburn Hills when I asked him he was doing.

"Just getting my work in for the day," he said, with his usual sarcastic twinge.

Redick can shoot, as his decorated career at Duke proved, and he can also create some shots.

Anything Hill can do to give a different look against the Pistons couldn't hurt.

Comtemplating is not neccesary "he gonna play, he gonna be in the floor".

And when the coach is Brian Hill that

I am so hoping for a win tonight.

It would be great if we found that magical combination that allowed Darko and Dwight to get open underneath because, without the double-teams, they're more than an equal for the Detroit frontcourt.

I'm hoping Dwight hits his free throws and the rest of the team hits their three pointers. I still say that if the Magic could just wedge a foot in the door, they have a shot at this series.

This is the same team that beat a hot Dallas team, the Heat, the Nets, the Bulls, the Jazz when they were hot, and on, and on: this is a GOOD team. They just need to remember that.

i must agree with magic. i would use the word frustrated because the potential of this group was never utilized in a way that put us in a position to win day in and day out nor did we develop our young core. i am tired of the excuses for jj's defense. he has not been given the opportunity to prove anything and i am positive he is less of a liability than nelson. the point play has been our main problem all year and what has been done nothing. we have all been upset and this message board is our best way to get any effective change. everyone's goal is a championship and i believe this group can do it with the proper coach. its just not brian hill period. jacklj