Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

JJ to get a chance tonight - Denton blog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:42 pm Post subject: REDICK TO GET HIS SHOT FOR MAGIC

Orlando Magic fans cheer when J.J. Redick gets up off the bench. They cheer for him to shoot when he catches the ball beyond the 3-point line. And, oh, do they ever cheer for him when he drills a shot from the outside.

Tonight, those fans might actually get to see Redick take one of those shots in a playoff game.

Magic coach Brian Hill admitted Thursday morning that he was contemplating using the rookie shooting guard tonight in an effort to spread the floor and create more space inside for Dwight Howard.

The thinking is that even though Redick is a rookie and hasn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:42 pm Post subject: REDICK TO GET HIS SHOT FOR MAGIC

Orlando Magic fans cheer when J.J. Redick gets up off the bench. They cheer for him to shoot when he catches the ball beyond the 3-point line. And, oh, do they ever cheer for him when he drills a shot from the outside.

Tonight, those fans might actually get to see Redick take one of those shots in a playoff game.

Magic coach Brian Hill admitted Thursday morning that he was contemplating using the rookie shooting guard tonight in an effort to spread the floor and create more space inside for Dwight Howard.

The thinking is that even though Redick is a rookie and hasn

Man, that is great news! Battie with a gurantee!!

I can't stand all this negativity on this board. It's funny after a Magic win how quiet this board becomes.

You guys need to put your hatred of Brian Hill aside and realize that the Magic team will always be "way" more important then any coach or player ever will be.

Here's to hoping for a win tonight to quiet the crowd.

Lastly, anybody that's pulling for the Magic to lose cause they hate the coach, I'm gonna say it, "that's pathetic"!

JJ playing with Dwight when Richard Hamilton is still on the floor defy's logic.

Think of it this way. The same 5 starters for the Magic allow a Piston lead. Saunders always begins to pull his starters with about 4 minutes left to play.

My guess is that when JJ comes in, that is if he actually does, Dwight will be worn out from the pounding he takes from Webber and Wallace and then Flip Murray will cover JJ like a blanket.

No way Hill plays JJ significantly during any stretch of the game. The only chance of that happening is if JJ comes in and start off on FIRE. I mean the type of fire where he puts up 2-3 3 point shots that drop each time down the floor. The type of fire that makes the other team call a quick timeout.

So being realistic, he will get the Trevor Ariza game 1 treatment at best. He might finish the first or second quarter with limited minutes then never see the floor in the second half.

Now this is encouraging. He did say though earlier that he did not think you changed the lineup at this point of the season, but whatever. if he has changed his mind for whatever reason then so be and i hope to see jj in the game as much as possible. GO MAGIC!!!!

Are you kidding me? ball junkie you missed the whole point of that article. Did you just read the last line? It was about Redick not Battie. Negativity was in your whole response.

I hate when they use terms like... he "admitted" that he was "contemplating" using Reddick tonight..

admitted what...is it a crime? - is it all that far fetched? is he already creating an out as an excuse? what the hell does that mean???.. why admit something that you are contemplating?? which, by the way, in no way means we will see Reddick tonight.

I dont give a rats petuty who plays as long AS WE EFFIN WIN*!! and it seems the board works the same way as you mentioned Junkie - the problem comes in when we couldve won, but lost out because of some questionable decisions. I hate it as well, but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Tomorrow we sing the praise of the Magic and wallow in our WIN!

GO MAGIC!!

*maybe we can get Reddick some mop up minutes, subbed in with THE HUMAN VICTORY CIGAR..Pat Garrity!

quote:
Originally posted by futuremg:

Are you kidding me? ball junkie you missed the whole point of that article. Did you just read the last line? It was about Redick not Battie. Negativity was in your whole response.

Cause that's what's all over this board and has been since last night, negative threads!

It makes me crazy! The team is always bigger than the coach or players.

quote:
They cheer for him to shoot when he catches the ball beyond the 3-point line. And, oh, do they ever cheer for him when he drills a shot from the outside.

Please, don't tell him to shoot it. Cheer for Jonathan after he makes his shot.

I've seen this kind of spectator thing before earlier in the year for JJ and he could not get a shot in if people told him what to do. Missed loads of field goals because of that.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Man, that is great news! Battie with a gurantee!!

I can't stand all this negativity on this board. It's funny after a Magic win how quiet this board becomes.

You guys need to put your hatred of Brian Hill aside and realize that the Magic team will always be "way" more important then any coach or player ever will be.

Here's to hoping for a win tonight to quiet the crowd.

Lastly, anybody that's pulling for the Magic to lose cause they hate the coach, I'm gonna say it, "that's pathetic"!

Junkie I agree things are too negative, but it all stems form Hill being hired. This has been going on since day one and will not stop as long as Hill is the coach.

Take a step back for a minute and ask yourself one big question. Look back on this season and its 40 wins. Now ask yourself what games pop out at you that you can say you enjoyed the win?

Most fans enjoy it when we win, but even when we went 13-4 a lot of fans were not happy at the lack of PT for Trevor and the fact Darko was not starting.

Having a season where we went 40-42 would be fine if that record was indicative of how our young players performed.

The reality there is a mountain of unacceptable things that happened this season for us to enjoy anything that came out of it. What are those thing you mat ask:

1)Dwight had less field goal attempts this season than he did last season.

2)Dwight and Darko never got a chance to develop together as starters. It hurts even worse after they had a huge ame in Chicago this season when Darko was starting while Battie was out.

3)We draft the most prolific score in NCAA history and he is used less than the waterboy.

4)We run a slow offense when we have a stable of Stallions.

5)Trevor never got a chance to start and develop.

6)Out of our 40 wins 90% of them were due to our veterans having those veteran moments and playing above their potential.

7)Travis ....too much to point out here. One word should speak enough of the problem. You could also substitute Auggie here too because he deserve PT over some of the players ahead of him.

8)PAT GARRITY...Give me any reason he should still be in a Magic uniform. they should have bought him out so he would not count against the cap this summer.

9)Tony, Hedo and Hill, should be the vets anchoring our bench. Hedo loves being the 6th man, Tony already said he was prepared to step aside for Darko and well, Grant is Grant. But Coach Hill insist on using these guys in roles that they will not play in the future for this Magic team.

10)Complete and total lack of development for our young core. We all saw how Trevor was playing with Dwight prior to his injury and he still never got a starting opportunity.

No need to go on, but as long as Hill is the Coach he will be roasted daily on here and in the media becasue that is how much Magic fans hate him. No other way to slice it.