Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

Magic Sign Jason Maxiell

I think Maxiell is a good role player off the bench, and that's the exact reason I don't like the move. No he's not going to win us 10 more games by himself but he's another vet player to add to the roster. I just think we can scratch off Wiggins/Parker.

Maxiell doesn't change our situation one bit

Veteran presence who could be trade bait later on. Not a bad move, especially if Glen is out for an extended period of time. Does this move show a lack of faith in Nicholson?

I think Maxiell is a good role player off the bench, and that's the exact reason I don't like the move. No he's not going to win us 10 more games by himself but he's another vet player to add to the roster. I just think we can scratch off Wiggins/Parker.

:svgsad:

Read that again. Does this make any sense to you?

He's gonna help develop our young guns while not really winning us any more games than we should. It's a win win situation.

One thing I like about this, which differs from Otis' approach to taking on vets, is that Jason was actually on a championship-winning team. I've said for a long time that we need more people who have been to the championship, and won it, in the locker room.

• Upvote 1

One thing I like about this, which differs from Otis' approach to taking on vets, is that Jason was actually on a championship-winning team. I've said for a long time that we need more people who have been to the championship, and won it, in the locker room.

So was Davis.

:svgsad:/>

Read that again. Does this make any sense to you?

He's gonna help develop our young guns while not really winning us any more games than we should. It's a win win situation.

It made perfect sense to me, sorry it didn't to you.

My point is our roster is clearly not bad enough to get the first overall pick. I like Maxiell as a player, I like what he will help teach Vuch but I could easily see us winning 30 games next year if healthy.

It made perfect sense to me, sorry it didn't to you.

My point is our roster is clearly not bad enough to get the first overall pick. I like Maxiell as a player, I like what he will help teach Vuch but I could easily see us winning 30 games next year if healthy.

You simultaneously say that Maxiell won't be enough to help us win 10 more games on his own, then also proclaim us to be out of the running for Wiggins/Parker. Why would we be out of the running if he isn't enough to help us win 10 more games?

You simultaneously say that Maxiell won't be enough to help us win 10 more games on his own, then also proclaim us to be out of the running for Wiggins/Parker. Why would we be out of the running if he isn't enough to help us win 10 more games?

Right on, number one pick in 2014 if our additions are Maxiell and possibly Ronnie Price at pg.

If we end up out of position to land a high pick, it certainly won't be because we added Jason Maxiell lol

True.

And I don't think we will be bad enough to get the worst record in the NBA (the Suns are trash IMO) but I think we finish with the 5th worst record and with some luck we can get that #1 pick ;)

I'd be happier if Maxiell was the worst player in the league <3 ... COME ON #1 DRAFT PICK!!!

I believe in Henny.

Also, I feel as if Maxiell is just a guy to practice against Vooch. The more depth he gets in practice and different styles (veteran style, complete opposite of O'Quinn), the better Vooch will be. Get rid of Maxiell next year and Vooch will be a better player and we're in the same spot we were in last week, but a better player as our starting center for the next decade (I hope) :)