Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Celtics @ Magic Wed. Mar 25, 8 PM ESPN

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!...Big game tonight everybody...can't wait...getting pumped as I type this...Man. I sure hope we can beat the defending champs tonight...especially since the "Big Three" are playing and they won't have any excuses this time if we win.

ESPN: "Magic get luck of the Irish against Powe-less Celtics"

You know you don't want to put it past them.

if we beat the Celtics tonight, I would be surprised if ESPN gave us so much as an ellipsis let alone an entire sentence...

I just heard that KG is only expected to see about 16-20 minutes tops tonight as Doc is still trying to ease him back in...should be enough time for him to assist Perk and Baby in reeking havoc on our front line (aka, Dwight Howard)...

Game to pay attention to: Celtics vs. Magic

quote:
Boston at Orlando

In today's chat, Jeff Clark actually referred to the Celtics as "watching KG's pitch count," and he's right. There's a good chance a significant part of this game, a game that could swing either way, could happen with Boston's best player is on the bench.

But that's OK. Partially because Boston needs to watch Kevin Garnett's minutes. We all want to see him at full strength in June. Mostly, though, because we'll still get to see all sorts of compelling matchups while potentially learning quite a bit about these two teams. Two teams that seemed destined to meet in an Eastern conference semifinal matchup that would have all the feel of a Conference final.

Equally important (to someone like me) is the value of the game in the standings. Boston leads the season series 2-1, and a win by the Magic would leave Orlando tied with Boston in the Eastern bracket, with the season series tied, and all sorts of in-division records left in Orlando's favor to decide who gets home court advantage from then on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/bl...Magic?urn=nba,150552

Words of wisdom from none other than John Hollinger himself:

quote:

1. I'm just back from the Magic's shootaround, where the dominant theme heading into tonight's showdown with Boston is the inability of Dwight Howard to score easily on this team.

Howard has 18, 11 and 14 points in the team's three meetings this year, a far cry from his 21.0 points per game average. Worse yet is that he's not creating as many openings for the Magic's 3-point shooters, because Boston has been able to get away with single-covering him with the likes of Kendrick Perkins and Glen Davis.

The Magic don't need Howard to get 30, but if he can be enough of a presence inside that help defenders feel compelled to collapse on him, he'll open things up for the rest of Orlando's offense and make it a much easier day on everyone.

I figured it was time to let "The Professor" invade one of our game threads...he's at Amway Arena tonight...hope we put on a good show!

This strategy would also enable us to beat the Pistons too, IMO...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...ERDiemInsider-090325

quote:

quote:

1. I'm just back from the Magic's shootaround, where the dominant theme heading into tonight's showdown with Boston is the inability of Dwight Howard to score easily on this team.

Howard has 18, 11 and 14 points in the team's three meetings this year, a far cry from his 21.0 points per game average. Worse yet is that he's not creating as many openings for the Magic's 3-point shooters, because Boston has been able to get away with single-covering him with the likes of Kendrick Perkins and Glen Davis.

The Magic don't need Howard to get 30, but if he can be enough of a presence inside that help defenders feel compelled to collapse on him, he'll open things up for the rest of Orlando's offense and make it a much easier day on everyone.

I figured it was time to let "The Professor" invade one of our game threads...he's at Amway Arena tonight...hope we put on a good show!

Less of Howard complaining to the refs and More Howard putting his head down and annihilating the competition.

Dwight is the key, stop whining and start being uber physical. Smack Perkins in the mouth early and put Garnett on his *** early and it sets the tone and makes a statement.

GET IT DONE

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

quote:

Less of Howard complaining to the refs and More Howard putting his head down and annihilating the competition.

Dwight is the key, stop whining and start being uber physical. Smack Perkins in the mouth early and put Garnett on his *** early and it sets the tone and makes a statement.

GET IT DONE

uber-physical= offensive fouls because perkins and davis are floppers.

if he has a legit beef, i have no problem with him letting the refs know they ****ed up.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

quote:

GET IT DONE

if he has a legit beef, i have no problem with him letting the refs know they ****ed up.

Its getting to be more and more the whole game than just one play here and there.

I believe we need to take a different approach to tonite. Execution is key but I really believe an early physical impression would set the tone for the rest of the game, in the Celtics minds and in ours.

Hit them before they hit us, I have no problem with Dwight taking an early foul to send a message

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

Perkins is no flopper. The guy plays Dwight as tough as anyone else in the league. If Dwight has a subpar night, he has himself to blame.

Yeah, Boston gets away with some content, but we can't rely on the officials to blow the whistle down the stretch, especially if we end up facing these guys in the second round.

Get it to Dwight early and often during the 1st. If he nets 20+, chances are we win. If not, it's a loss, easily.

I have a bad feeling about this game...

... and most of the time, when I have a bad feeling about games, we win...

So... I really got a bad feeling about this one.