Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

JAMES Game Thread 3/17 7pm Magic @ James

Hey Chevy, will you be fishing at the STREAM tonight?

I'll be in a boat, I just don't want to PASS you and mess the fish up. Just give me the WORD.

(Cryptic so as to avoid the wrath of DoM.)

quote:
They've been saying that since the early part of the season, in seemingly every game featuring San Antonio, L.A., Cleveland, etc. Even after we beat them, they continue to pose the same friggin' question.

It's because they don't pay attention to Orlando and all they can think of when it's time to comment.

Big win tonight. 50 wins baby! Go Magic!

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Hey Chevy, will you be fishing at the STREAM tonight?

I'll be in a boat, I just don't want to PASS you and mess the fish up. Just give me the WORD.

(Cryptic so as to avoid the wrath of DoM.)

That was subtle like a drive-by is subtle.

My entire position has consistently been that you simply shouldn't do it on the board. Either PM the links to people or do it in one of the chatrooms where a MOD isn't present. It's not that hard.

But I've grown tired of tilting at windmills. Do whatever you want.

We should pretty much change the title of this thread to Orlando Magic vs Lebron and his refrees.

Out of this game, I want to see whoever guard Mo put him in his place and let him know he should not be an all star.

Anyone know if green jerseys are going to be worn by us? I for one would be disappointed and think that we'd definitely lose if we're in green.

I think if I'd been playing every other night in blue or white and than all of sudden there's green everywhere, I'd just be confused and turn the ball over.

Hopefully Nate Robinson shows up and tries dunking on Dwight again, and then since it's not a friendly little competition Dwight not only rejects the ball, but causes NR to pummel to the floor so hard that he goes through it. Then there's a 20 minute delay while they go get some spare court, give or take an hour.

Barring ridiculous foul calls in favor of flopping (not naming any names Varawhatever) and Lebron James being Lebron James, I think Dwight gets 6 blocks at least.

Dwight's going to be intense, I just hope it's a fair game and he doesn't get in early foul trouble.

Cleveland might have a triple double machine, but we have a 20-20 machine.

40 > 30

"It's science"

Yeah I really want to say Orlando wins this game. I don't think Cleveland is as good as everyone says. BUT it all depends on the Refs. If they decide to call the game fairly then Orlando wins. However, I have a feeling there will by MANY phantom calls in Queen James favor.

quote:
Originally posted by rc0101:

Yeah I really want to say Orlando wins this game. I don't think Cleveland is as good as everyone says. BUT it all depends on the Refs. If they decide to call the game fairly then Orlando wins. However, I have a feeling there will by MANY phantom calls in Queen James favor.

I agree with you. He's the NBA darling and seems to do everything right and they want to keep it that way. The Magic to the Cavs are what the Pistons are to us. Magic win tonight.

I already know how terrible this game will be officiated. I won't be surprised if Anderson's flops are called. Wouldn't be surprised if they won the game at the final minutes off a no call for the Magic on the other side. No game has had great officiating this season as I recall.

We should win but my mind keeps telling me don't say yes.

I think the x-factor for both teams is how well Ilgauskas plays.

It will be close game, Magic wins 105-102

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Their x-factor is.. who else? Mo Williams. He plays well, they win. He doesn't, they lose. It's a pretty easy formula to live by when analyzing the Cavs. Just take the Clippers game. He can't throw it in the ocean in the first three quarters and the Cavs are losing big. He hits like 3 threes in the 4th, and the Cavs win. All the momentum in that game rested with Mo, not LeBron. If you're looking for a true, non-allstar x-factor, then I would say Sasha Pavlovic. He's been the latest to step up in more Delonte West absences.

Our x-factor player is Hedo. Who knows what Rashard's gonna do from game to game anymore, so my gut tells me the better Hedo does in this game with scoring, passing, and NOT turning the ball over, the better chance Orlando has of winning.

Our x-factor strategy is SVG's "Keep LeBron Out Of The Paint" defensive scheme. It worked in Orlando... and a similar version also worked for Houston. Switch Pietrus and Lee on and off LeBron while Dwight (and Gortat) hovers behind them, with their primary job being to keep LeBron out of the paint. The key is that you cross your fingers and pray LBJ's jumper is off that night. It worked on Orlando's home floor, but can it work on LeBron's?

Orlando has two games left with Cleveland. I believe we'll split them and win the head-to-head tiebreaker. Cleveland wins the last game of the season when they'll be healthier, but not this one. Besides, Orlando only has a 3 game winning streak. That's not long enough of one for the Magic to get allergic to and throw away a game in.

Larry Bird and Robert Parrish break out the champagne, after the Cavs get their second loss at home this season.

Orlando 90

Cleveland 86