Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

JAMES Game Thread 3/17 7pm Magic @ James

Dedicated to this amazing thread. Famous movie/people LeQUOTES:

"My Mama always said, 'life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get. Unless it's LeBron, which in that case, you get the undisputed GOAT."

- LeBron Gump

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse, unless the Knicks contact him first.

- Al Pacino

"I'm king of the world!!"

-LeBronardo DiCabrono

"May the force be with you, my lord"

-Obawan12

"Insanity: facing LeBron in the playoffs and expecting a different result"

-AlBron Einstein

"When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better"

-"I'm No LeBron"

"Oh no, it wasn't the air planes. It was Beauty that killed the beast."

-King Kong James"

King James also rhymes with Ving Rhames. Seriously, what does this guy not have?!

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Furthermore, DOM i'm not entirely comfortable seeing you with an avatar. It feels so unnatural.

I'm pretty sure about 5 people posted similar thoughts the last time I had an avatar, before my photobucket account got deleted.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Furthermore, DOM i'm not entirely comfortable seeing you with an avatar. It feels so unnatural.

I'm pretty sure about 5 people posted similar thoughts the last time I had an avatar, before my photobucket account got deleted.

What was the first one? I don't recall you ever having one.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

What was the first one? I don't recall you ever having one.

It was a tiny, tiny picture of a statue of a T-rex drinking a martini that was on the wall of a gas station in the Florida keys. Not that you could tell given the size of the picture.

Their x-factor is.. who else? Mo Williams. He plays well, they win. He doesn't, they lose. It's a pretty easy formula to live by when analyzing the Cavs. Just take the Clippers game. He can't throw it in the ocean in the first three quarters and the Cavs are losing big. He hits like 3 threes in the 4th, and the Cavs win. All the momentum in that game rested with Mo, not LeBron. If you're looking for a true, non-allstar x-factor, then I would say Sasha Pavlovic. He's been the latest to step up in more Delonte West absences.

Our x-factor player is Hedo. Who knows what Rashard's gonna do from game to game anymore, so my gut tells me the better Hedo does in this game with scoring, passing, and NOT turning the ball over, the better chance Orlando has of winning.

Our x-factor strategy is SVG's "Keep LeBron Out Of The Paint" defensive scheme. It worked in Orlando... and a similar version also worked for Houston. Switch Pietrus and Lee on and off LeBron while Dwight (and Gortat) hovers behind them, with their primary job being to keep LeBron out of the paint. The key is that you cross your fingers and pray LBJ's jumper is off that night. It worked on Orlando's home floor, but can it work on LeBron's?

Orlando has two games left with Cleveland. I believe we'll split them and win the head-to-head tiebreaker. Cleveland wins the last game of the season when they'll be healthier, but not this one. Besides, Orlando only has a 3 game winning streak. That's not long enough of one for the Magic to get allergic to and throw away a game in.

Larry Bird and Robert Parrish break out the champagne, after the Cavs get their second loss at home this season.

Orlando 90

Cleveland 86

Sky, Cleveland is healthy right now. Unless you consider the absence of Benjamin Wallace a large blow to the fleet of big men they're gonna throw at Dwight, which I LOL at.

quote:

Sky, Cleveland is healthy right now. Unless you consider the absence of Benjamin Wallace a large blow to the fleet of big men they're gonna throw at Dwight, which I LOL at.

It is. To their defense. Have you seen Cleveland with him, and without him?

Also I thought Delonte West was still hobbling around in the locker room area with his Old Man Back.

I guess if they win we can say that they needed Joe Smith to do it (though I seriously hope we don't let him be productive cuz he's not anything special). What now Cleveland? You're not the only ones with an excuse.

"Excuses are like ***holes. Everyone has one, and they all stink."

-Lebronymous

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:

It is. To their defense. Have you seen Cleveland with him, and without him?

Also I thought Delonte West was still hobbling around in the locker room area with his Old Man Back.

Cleveland should take their chances at anyone rather than Wallace. Dwight has routinely dominated him and last game, which I still have recorded, he didn't even try to man up on him. He constantly attempted to pull the chair, which resulted in easy dunks.

As for West, his Big Ben 'fro, which he unveiled against Phoenix, was quite possibly the most laughable thing I've seen on a live NBA broadcast.

the only weakness i've seen in lebron's game is that he has trouble playing against teams that have a big guy that can guard the rim. I'm basing this particularly on games he's played against Orlando, detroit and Houston. Houston has yao's big *** that can block and alter shots, detroit (as a team) is brutal in the paint and have several guys that can block and alter shots and we have dwight who doesn't need an explanation.

LBJ vs houston (1 game)

7/21 21pts

LBJ vs detroit (2 games)

game 1: 8/21 25pts

game 2: 6/13 20 pts

LBJ vs orlando (1 game)

10/27 23pts

total- 37% fg%

my prediction: we win 90-85

lbj- 8/20 22pts

mo williams- a broken jaw

I'm not gonna lie, that starting line-up had me ROFLMAO.

quote:

"May the force be with you, my lord"

-Obawan12

lol

Lastly, can we please stop disputing the crab dribble, it wasn't a travel and I have a video to prove it.