Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

Lost Season 3

Wait...could it be....after nearly 3 months, "Lost" returns tonight? Of course, since we are all stupid, they have to give us a one hour recap first.

Still, the idea of 16 straight episodes is very appealing. I hope they turn things up to 11.

Davcivic, in response to your comment in the Heroes thread:

Remember back when we were kids, mini-series were the big thing. They were on all the time and got good ratings. Some of my favorite TV from my childhood was mini-series like "V" or "North and South" or "Lonesome Dove."

Wouldn't Lost have made an awesome 8 to 12 hour miniseries? They could have gotten rid of all that backstory crap and just pushed the action on the island.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Davcivic, in response to your comment in the Heroes thread:

Remember back when we were kids, mini-series were the big thing. They were on all the time and got good ratings. Some of my favorite TV from my childhood was mini-series like "V" or "North and South" or "Lonesome Dove."

Wouldn't Lost have made an awesome 8 to 12 hour miniseries? They could have gotten rid of all that backstory crap and just pushed the action on the island.

I do remember V, they also replayed the whole series about 3 years ago, think it was the sci-fi channel, and it was awesome.

Shows like this would be much better if they had a plan, start to finish, for 3 or 4 seasons and that's it. Move to something bigger and better, but they want to milk it as much as they can. In the end we end up not knowing anything.

I started watching a show online from Fox, Vanished. It had a good story and interesting development. Well I got into it without knowing it was cancelled. I watched the first 13 episodes or so, and that's it, I am now wanting more or to know the end and never will.

Hopefully is not that bad for Lost, but I feel it will all end up to quick and will be dissapointing.

Wednesday's episode was pretty good, I thought. I usually don't care for the back story stuff, but this time it gave us more clues into how the "Others" got onto the island and what their purpose was.

Also, I has assumed that the girl that helped Kate and Sawyer was the missing daughter of the freaky French lady. If that is true, it means that her and Ben hooked up way back when.

It looks like next week will take us back to the beach, which is a good thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Wednesday's episode was pretty good, I thought. I usually don't care for the back story stuff, but this time it gave us more clues into how the "Others" got onto the island and what their purpose was.

Also, I has assumed that the girl that helped Kate and Sawyer was the missing daughter of the freaky French lady. If that is true, it means that her and Ben hooked up way back when.

It looks like next week will take us back to the beach, which is a good thing.

Yeh it was pretty good, I just dont really see how much further they can go with it now though, there is no mystery anymore and I personally think the survivors could take the others now, especially knowing what they now know!

yeh i kinda agree with adam. I think they can drag it out another season or 2 but thats about it.

It was an ok show. The series started out with a bang and never got back to the anticipation that season 1 brought us.

haha, LOD that is correct!

I saw a great bauerism with regard to if a certain Mr Bauer were on the island

"He wouldnt even be in that situation. He would have killed all the others and have been off the island in the first week."

As a stand alone episode, it was great.

But I hate the fact that it is just another example of them entertaining us well telling us nothing more about what is happening on the island. I mean, the big news flash was "Charlie's Gonna Die!" But hey, didn't we figure that quite a few of these guys were going to die before it is over? We've already seen a bunch of characters die.

I'd rather they push the action a bit more. With 18 episodes in a row coming up, I guess it is going to happen.