Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Dwight and Darko...What do you think?

Beyond the obvious stuff, I feel the biggest improvements in their games will come when the players and coaches around them learn to play off of them better.

Both have outstanding potential in the pick and roll game because of their athleticism. Then in they pick and pop game as their outside shots develop.

BUT, you have to have players to run the pick and roll with. Players who will hit you for dunks, layups, and open J's. When the big man shows against Jameer on the pick and roll, he simply tries to dribble around him, never a pass.

When players feed the post, they gotta move for their open shot or it makes it easy for the Defender to show against the post and get back. Movement loses the D and creates easy looks.

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

Actually, I think the thing that keeps these two from killing other teams is our unrealiable outside shooting. I mean, take last night. They kept those two under control and let JJ, Nelson, and Co. shoot bricks from the outside.

Darko and Dwight the new Twin Towers as they have been called from time to time are doing great when they are out there together. If Coach Hill would let JJ, Nelson and Ariza play with these two more this team would be unstoppable. They control the inside and we need people outside that can shoot.

quote:
Originally posted by Budweiser5587:

These two bigs are undoubtedly the best big man combination in the NBA and probably in Basketball history. Thats big.

Boy now that is really putting your neck out there. Yes they are BIG and will someday if kept together maybe we will be saying that as truth, but not right now. They both have a lot of improvements to make but they are still both very young (21 years old).

quote:
Originally posted by lazyberbs:

They are improving, in my opinion. Dwight needs to slow the turnover rate and Darko needs to start hitting a higher percentage of shots, but those things should come.

In the Dallas game tonight, the Magic made a great run with Dwight on the bench. I say this only because Darko is doing better so Dwight does not have to be on the floor all the time. I would have liked to see Darko make those quick shots he was getting open for. It was so frustrating to see them rim out. Last night at SA and tonight in Dallas, they would have made a big difference.

If half of Darko

I like the way the Darko situation was handled. Maybe a little earlier this could've happened but I accept it. Its a step forward in the growth and development of this team and it was going to happen. Hopefully we can lock Darko up in the off season and maybe get at least 4-5 good years from the tandem. Love how they compliment each other, love that!

Darko is a heck of a player, so skilled, so skilled for a guy that size. Dwight, well need I say more. Will be nice to see Battie come back into the fold, we need a little help when you got to rest one of these guys.

Darko and Dwight together has awesome potential. I think Darko needs to reclaim his shooting and passing touch and play his own style of game. Unfortunately, he has been turned into something he is not natural at.

These two will be quite terrific for a long time. A consistent shooter in the perimeter will help them kill teams in the future!

Dwight can dominate in the post, but I'd like to see him develop that jump shot of his. Hell, did anyone see that 18 footer that he nailed at the shot clock buzzer last night? I also like Darko in the post, but he can shoot as well. If everyone here wants to see Darko's real game then you have to watch some of Serbia's games. I was fortunate to see a couple of them, and Darko roams free, able to take those jumpers of his, and they drop!

Outside shooters would help too. I can't believe that Coach took out J.J. just because of one missed shot, and then put Keyon, who went 0-7 from the floor.

I think he took JJ out because he is not a "solid defender" and we all saw how great Keyon was how much points did Terry get again?

I noticed that the other teams eyes light up when JJ is playing them,it's not that hes not a good defender,its just the oyher player want to be better than him so they try harder when hes guarding them,and guerd him tougher than they guard anyine else.Darko and Dwight are the future bigs in O-town.

d and d will improve when we get better at passing, and we put jj on the floor with them. every team and player in the nba had rather let the bigs dunk than have poor ole jj hit another jump shot or heaven forbid foul him and let him shoot free throws. why is this so hard to see. i just dont get it. it is the same thing that happened to bird. they hated to get beat by him. we must take advantage of this. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by Budweiser5587:

These two bigs are undoubtedly the best big man combination in the NBA and probably in Basketball history. Thats big.

I think Duncan/Robinson and the 80's Celtics would have something to say about that. The 76ers with Barkley, Malone and Dr. J were pretty **** good as well.

The biggest thing with Dwight and Darko is that continue to build the chemistry between them. Mainly their communication on the defensive end needs to improve. Consistent time for our shooters would do a world of good as well.

I think Dwight & Darko and the head pieces to the franchise as they both continue to develop their games..Of course Howards large steps ahead, but even he himself and the fans know he's going to continue to get better and better..Our Guard defense is pretty weak, other teams have been killing us from the outside..I like Ariza too, he husltes real hard on the floor..I dont see the developement of our big men in any negative way, it's everything else.

I think they will do well together. They seem to be doing ok already.

Darko is really just now starting to regain his confidence after what happened to him here in Detroit. He is going to be a solid player, and is still young enough to become a very good player. Personally I don't think he will be a superstar but I think he could be a very good player. He is a good shot blocker, and he could become a pretty good defender overall. He has a decent jumper (especially for a big) and he can only improve upon it. He needs to improve on alot of things. He gets pushed around to much, and needs to work on keeping his position when posting up. He needs to work on his hands, sometimes he has trouble holding on to the ball when trying to grab rebounds.

Dwight Howard is a beast, and will be a dominate force in the League for the next 10 years. He needs to work on some things too, but it doesn't matter, he is young and will still get much, much better. He's going to be a All-Time Great.

Overall I think they will be a pretty good duo, but I think it will be better to have Darko be the third best player on the team eventually. All you will need is a big-time shooting guard or Point guard and you will be a legit Championship contender as long as you have Dwight Howard on the team.