Sign in to follow this  
lemonice1

Substitutions might cost us the series...

Nelson and Battie are killing us starting the 1st and 3rd quarters. Each game, we go down by 10. Subs come in, cut the lead to 3 or 4 at the half... and then here come the starters for 10 minutes in the 3rd. Pistons lead goes from 3 to 13 and that's the game.

**** it to hell! Don't even get me started on B. Hill taking Turkoglu out for 5 minutes at the beginning of the second quarter when he was 6 for 6 and was the only Magic player making any baskets!

Nelson and Battie are killing us starting the 1st and 3rd quarters. Each game, we go down by 10. Subs come in, cut the lead to 3 or 4 at the half... and then here come the starters for 10 minutes in the 3rd. Pistons lead goes from 3 to 13 and that's the game.

**** it to hell! Don't even get me started on B. Hill taking Turkoglu out for 5 minutes at the beginning of the second quarter when he was 6 for 6 and was the only Magic player making any baskets!

I agree its really obvious. Nelson is not getting it done and why the hell is battie starting over darko? Darko produces the same numbers battie produces in the entire game in 5 minutes! They need to start arroyo or dooling or simply go with hill at the point or the brooms are gonna come out on saturday! and am i the only one that thinks this pistons team is really pathetic? they cry like lil #$%%$%# every single call and that stupid announcer my god its like the trailer park team oh wait it is detroit my bad....

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Another crazy post. Our rotations haven't been great, but if you think that is the reason why we will lose this series than you simply do not know basketball.

Are you seriously out of your mind? The Magic have one hand tied behind their back due to the rotation. I'm not saying this might be the reason if we lose the series, but it doesn't help.

The coach is supposed to "help" the team, by calling plays, making proper substitutions, calling TOs when necessary. The Pistons starting 5 has more talent and experience. However, the Magic are a deeper team, hence the use of substitutions and rotations to "help" the team.

Yeah, I'm the one that simply doesn't know basketball.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Another crazy post. Our rotations haven't been great, but if you think that is the reason why we will lose this series than you simply do not know basketball.

Well he is correct in the fact that when the subs go in there we are down by 10 and they go on a run and cut it, then comes the third the starters blow it, and then the fourth it is close......

either the Pistons love to let there guard down or there is a patter there.

Bench Meer, Battie and start Darko and I want to say Dooling but maybe Arroyo..

But Brian loves his boys and wouldnt wanna hurth there feelings or there confidence...

Now apparently people tell me we will take game 3 and lose game close.

I say we can take both and shock the world after we make a few ******* changes...

But "analyst" tell me we suck so maybe not

I wonder what do analyst base we suck on, on the fact Detroit has never held a bigger then 15 point lead, and we have kept every game reasonably close or the fact that our pg is garbage and makes the rest of the team look ****ty when he is in, or that apparently every run we make is this game is Detroit "Taking it easy"

I don't get why people bash battie so much. He hasn't been that terrible for what his main role is(get rebounds and somewhat score), while jameer is a waste of space and is being consistantly shown by chauncy billups that he isn't even close to 6'. Jameer would kill some second string guys if he came off the bench but against starters he's just going to keep getting burned. Darko starting wouldn't be bad but I'm not sold on him yet, but I wouldn't mind the magic just throwing together a lineup with arroyo/dooling, hill, turk, howard, and darko.

Battie cant play D, his rebounding sucks, he cant hit layups, his shot is garbage, he is only startign because Brian is in love with vets, anby other team, any other coach Darko is starting

quote:
Originally posted by D-Guy:

I don't get why people bash battie so much. He hasn't been that terrible for what his main role is(get rebounds and somewhat score), while jameer is a waste of space and is being consistantly shown by chauncy billups that he isn't even close to 6'. Jameer would kill some second string guys if he came off the bench but against starters he's just going to keep getting burned. Darko starting wouldn't be bad but I'm not sold on him yet, but I wouldn't mind the magic just throwing together a lineup with arroyo/dooling, hill, turk, howard, and darko.

Yeah that

quote:
Originally posted by D-Guy:

I don't get why people bash battie so much..

Don't get me wrong, I like Battie. But Rasheed is absolutely killing him in the 1st and 3rd quarters of both games. Battie tries too much help defense and leaves open the only guy on the Pistons that was making anything in the first quarter.