Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

Game Thread: Wizards @ Warlocks [1/6/08] 7:00 P.M. An Epic confrontation of MAGIC

Washington Generals Wizards

hat-764748.jpg

AT

Orlando Warlocks

mgortat.jpg

WHERE?

Gortat Palace

emirates_palace.jpg

..errrr

Amway Arena (So that fans can attend)

885643849.jpg

Wizards Starters

PG: Mike James - Level 5 Wizard

mikejames.jpg?t=1231209335

Summary: You heard right, James has once more become slightly relevant in the league academy.

Strengths: Like most Wizards, he won't attack your defenses with brute strength, though be aware of his unlimited range. Once he catches fire, only level 9 spells can slow him down.

Weaknesses: Again, like with most Wizards he abhors close contact. Pressure him, and he becomes a liability.

SG: Caron Butler - Level 8 Wizard

340x.jpg

Summary: During one of the previous encounters between these two teams, Butler attempted to utilize a cloaking spell but was quickly bludgeoned to the ground by Mickael Pietrus. The direct critical hit to the cranium caused Butler to weep like an old maid and was forced to leave the competition temporarily. Had that been Gortat, I may have had to post a tombstone honoring Caron's bravery.

Strengths: Straight up, balla~

Weaknesses: He can't stand another hit. Delivering another blow to the head would be near fatal.

SF: Dominic McGuire - Level ? Wizard

8539e833461596ee923281260e111bee-getty-76075213fm015_wizards_magic.jpg

Summary: Virtually unknown, McGuire has crept his way into the starting lineup. It is unknown as to how this transpired.

Strengths: Rebounding

Weaknesses: Reputation

PF: Antawn Jamison - Level 10 Wizard

340x.jpg

Summary: Jamison is elated to discover that the game is to be held at Amway Arena and not Gortat Palace. Jamison has averaged absurd numbers, something like 30ppg over his career against the Warlocks at Amway.

Strengths: To put it into one (made up) word: Unfundamentalism. Has the ability to throw up an array of bizarre shots, varying from 15ft baseline jumpers to cooky-looking three-point shots.

Weaknesses: Fatigue. Jamison can't keep this on forever.

C: Andray Blatche - Level 5 Wizard

340x.jpg

Summary: An enigma. Can either impress like a level 7 Wizard, or look like a mere Muggle.

Strengths: Blatche has the ability to unleash a levitation spell, allowing him to rise above defenders, as seen in above pic against Warlocks scrub, Dwight Howard.

Key Bench

SG: Deshawn Stevenson - Level 1 Wizard

25d83aae-0837-474b-b69e-0524fa7986cf.jpg

Summary: A former Warlock. Allegedly cursed with an imbecile spell, he can be seen in the above pic attempting to cover his eyes from Gortat's piercing gaze.

Strengths: lololololol

Weaknesses: Insert here _________

Wizard Instructor:

Ed Tapscott

340x.jpg

Warlocks Starter(s)

PG,SG,SF,PF,C,instructor: Marcin Gortat - Level ? Warlock

gortat2d-league_112007,jpg.jpg

Summary: The ultimate weapon of total annihilation. Smothering him is the opponents top priority. Constantly quintuple-teamed by other teams. *Other three players cannot be seen in pic*

Strengths: Insert power here _________

Weaknesses: None

Notable Characteristics: Merciful, although to a minuscule extent.

Warlocks Bench, aka "The Scarcely used/The Forgotten/Garbage Time"

Jameer Nelson, Keith Bogans, Hedo Turkoglu, Rashard Lewis, Dwight Howard.

*Reasoning for lack of pictures is due to a status of unworthiness*

Injured Wizard Gilbert Arenas requested to be featured as a last cause.

447390746_d563307dd0.jpg

quote:
Gil' here.

Hey guys, it's been a great ride. I was originally set to return next year, or two years or something....but seeing as how we're playing the Warlocks tomorrow I figured the Hibachi would officially log out.

I'd like to thank my family, the fans, and the entire Wizards organization for banking on me.

On my tombstone I want it to read: July 13, 2008: Wizards sign Gilbert Arenas to a six-year $111 million dollar contract, otherwise recognized as the greatest heist of all-time, highway robbery, etc, etc.

Anyways, yours truly, Gil'. Peace,

Gilbert Arenas

January 6, 1982-January 6, 2009

Made it to 27!

Daily Warlock fact

FACT: Larry Bird patterned his jumpshot after Marcin Gortat.

Bird1.jpg

gortat.jpg

For all other useless information, check this thread:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/3751017555

Washington Generals Wizards

hat-764748.jpg

AT

Orlando Warlocks

mgortat.jpg

WHERE?

Gortat Palace

emirates_palace.jpg

..errrr

Amway Arena (So that fans can attend)

885643849.jpg

Wizards Starters

PG: Mike James - Level 5 Wizard

mikejames.jpg?t=1231209335

Summary: You heard right, James has once more become slightly relevant in the league academy.

Strengths: Like most Wizards, he won't attack your defenses with brute strength, though be aware of his unlimited range. Once he catches fire, only level 9 spells can slow him down.

Weaknesses: Again, like with most Wizards he abhors close contact. Pressure him, and he becomes a liability.

SG: Caron Butler - Level 8 Wizard

340x.jpg

Summary: During one of the previous encounters between these two teams, Butler attempted to utilize a cloaking spell but was quickly bludgeoned to the ground by Mickael Pietrus. The direct critical hit to the cranium caused Butler to weep like an old maid and was forced to leave the competition temporarily. Had that been Gortat, I may have had to post a tombstone honoring Caron's bravery.

Strengths: Straight up, balla~

Weaknesses: He can't stand another hit. Delivering another blow to the head would be near fatal.

SF: Dominic McGuire - Level ? Wizard

8539e833461596ee923281260e111bee-getty-76075213fm015_wizards_magic.jpg

Summary: Virtually unknown, McGuire has crept his way into the starting lineup. It is unknown as to how this transpired.

Strengths: Rebounding

Weaknesses: Reputation

PF: Antawn Jamison - Level 10 Wizard

340x.jpg

Summary: Jamison is elated to discover that the game is to be held at Amway Arena and not Gortat Palace. Jamison has averaged absurd numbers, something like 30ppg over his career against the Warlocks at Amway.

Strengths: To put it into one (made up) word: Unfundamentalism. Has the ability to throw up an array of bizarre shots, varying from 15ft baseline jumpers to cooky-looking three-point shots.

Weaknesses: Fatigue. Jamison can't keep this on forever.

C: Andray Blatche - Level 5 Wizard

340x.jpg

Summary: An enigma. Can either impress like a level 7 Wizard, or look like a mere Muggle.

Strengths: Blatche has the ability to unleash a levitation spell, allowing him to rise above defenders, as seen in above pic against Warlocks scrub, Dwight Howard.

Key Bench

SG: Deshawn Stevenson - Level 1 Wizard

25d83aae-0837-474b-b69e-0524fa7986cf.jpg

Summary: A former Warlock. Allegedly cursed with an imbecile spell, he can be seen in the above pic attempting to cover his eyes from Gortat's piercing gaze.

Strengths: lololololol

Weaknesses: Insert here _________

Wizard Instructor:

Ed Tapscott

340x.jpg

Warlocks Starter(s)

PG,SG,SF,PF,C,instructor: Marcin Gortat - Level ? Warlock

gortat2d-league_112007,jpg.jpg

Summary: The ultimate weapon of total annihilation. Smothering him is the opponents top priority. Constantly quintuple-teamed by other teams. *Other three players cannot be seen in pic*

Strengths: Insert power here _________

Weaknesses: None

Notable Characteristics: Merciful, although to a minuscule extent.

Warlocks Bench, aka "The Scarcely used/The Forgotten/Garbage Time"

Jameer Nelson, Keith Bogans, Hedo Turkoglu, Rashard Lewis, Dwight Howard.

*Reasoning for lack of pictures is due to a status of unworthiness*

Injured Wizard Gilbert Arenas requested to be featured as a last cause.

447390746_d563307dd0.jpg

quote:
Gil' here.

Hey guys, it's been a great ride. I was originally set to return next year, or two years or something....but seeing as how we're playing the Warlocks tomorrow I figured the Hibachi would officially log out.

I'd like to thank my family, the fans, and the entire Wizards organization for banking on me.

On my tombstone I want it to read: July 13, 2008: Wizards sign Gilbert Arenas to a six-year $111 million dollar contract, otherwise recognized as the greatest heist of all-time, highway robbery, etc, etc.

Anyways, yours truly, Gil'. Peace,

Gilbert Arenas

January 6, 1982-January 6, 2009

Made it to 27!

Daily Warlock fact

FACT: Larry Bird patterned his jumpshot after Marcin Gortat.

Bird1.jpg

gortat.jpg

For all other useless information, check this thread:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/3751017555

Diffrent...I give you that...

The jump shot observation is hilarious!

Warlock does have a tattoo of Michael Jordan

I guess he built his game based off multiple NBA legends...

Magic BLOW OUT WIZ!

Magic 112

Wizards 82

Dwight Howard is 100% from the foul line..12 of 12!

P.S. Shouldnt the Home team be first in the thread..After all they are the team we are rooting for...arnt they?

TITY, you rarely impress, but this thread impresses me.

+100 Martini's to you, and may Gortat himself smile upon this thread and your family.

Thanks guys. I figured we never had an official Warlock thread, which was pure blasphemy, so I took it upon myself to confront that ordeal.

quote:
+100 Martini's to you

I'm gonna hold you to that.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Anybody else think Lee should be getting the start until Pietrus comes back, he is the future after all.

I think it would hurt the energy level in our 2nd unit. I do think he deserves it but we need that boost coming off the bench as well.

Hilarious game thread TITY

Fun thread, TITY. I, for one, have no problem with not showing the Magic players. My guess is that, if you are a member of this forum, you've seen more pictures of these guys than Hutch has of Diener.

Dwight, Shard, Hedo and Nelson - 100

Wizards - 88