Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

HEDO TO BE BOUGHT OUT

I was at the Magic and Sixers game last season.. you know, when we played the worst game of the season because everybody on our team was injured or sick. They put Hedo in and some guy next to me, a big Sixers fan... was bashing Hedo for the entire night for pretty much making a lot of money to suck and I kept yelling back for Hedo to drop 30 on them. He... he didn't drop 30. Or even close to that. But it would've been awesome if he did.

I say .... keep Hedo on the payroll and have him replace Stuff as the Magic mascot. WE WILL.

If not for the Gilbert trade, I think it would be the stupidest by far.

Bringing Hedo back got rid of our only valuable trade assets and ruined our cap situation. Gilbert only did one of those things.

Bringing Hedo back got rid of our only valuable trade assets and ruined our cap situation. Gilbert only did one of those things.

Agreed. But Gilbert had shown very little indication he was remotely healthy, while there could at the time at least be a slight arguement that Hedo could come back to the team he play well with and come back to life (it appeared he was not used correctly in Toronto or Phx, though now it appears he just sucked).

• Upvote 1

Agreed. But Gilbert had shown very little indication he was remotely healthy, while there could at the time at least be a slight arguement that Hedo could come back to the team he play well with and come back to life (it appeared he was not used correctly in Toronto or Phx, though now it appears he just sucked).

Problem was, he had sucked while he was here, too. At least for the entire 2008-2009 season and playoffs. And no, jacking up lucky 3's at the end of games doesn't make up for all of the wasted possessions and downright awful defense he provided for us the rest of the time.

Problem was, he had sucked while he was here, too. At least for the entire 2008-2009 season and playoffs. And no, jacking up lucky 3's at the end of games doesn't make up for all of the wasted possessions and downright awful defense he provided for us the rest of the time.

Oh I know, there was still that hope that he could rebound/ turn back the clock though. Players do have off years and come back and play lights out. Guess the same could be said about trading for Gilbert, except he had an injury that made him a shadow of his old self.

They were both just bad trades.