Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Gamethread - Magic @ Washington 11/27

Dwight - This game showed yet again if you attempt to defend him one one one it will be a loooooong night unless your name is Sheed or Yao.

Also got to give the big fella a lot of credit for his FT shooting and passing. He was still a black hole on several possessions, but he's been making passes I've never seen him make before.

Has anybody else noticed how well our big 3 have been playing out of the gate without Jameer on the floor? He's been playing great, but I'm more convinced that ever he should be playing off the bench, and that would kill 2 birds with one stone.

I've never seen JJ miss so many open jumpers. I saw him have off nights in college, but he never got clean looks like he's getting with this team this year. I keep waiting for him to catch fire and go on a serious heater, but it ain't happened yet. He should be near automatic when he receives open looks, hopefully he finds his shot in the coming games with consistent PT. That was honestly the worst he's played all year & there's no way SVG could have rode him as long as he did in a close game, but his D was solid.

Pietrus was outstanding tonight diving to the rim. I see chemistry developing that gives this team a new dimension. Outside of the 2nd quarter, we looked sharp!

Observations:

1. Dwight's good, get him the ball.

2. Hedo did "okay" at back-up PG today.

3. JJ couldn't find the bottom of that net tonight. Seemingly every shot rimmed out, with a few exceptions that just missed. He was also a TO machine surprisingly. Hopefully he breaks out soon. Indy would be a nice start.

4. Lee seems to be slowly, and I mean slowly coming along. Still seems a little tentative out there, though.

5. MP's money for this team. I love his hard cuts to the basket. Makes Dwight's job as well as everyone else a lot easier.

6. Butler looked like he was at a shoot-around early on.

7. Battie is very solid off the bench.

8. Three-point shooting was poor, and most were wide open. JJ's was a major culprit to this.

Still a nice win, Indiana's the next victim.

..... Howard said.

"We've got to be able to do that every night to be a great team. Look at the teams like the Celtics and the Lakers, they come out the first quarter and they dominate and set the tone. We have to continue to do that in order to be one of those teams.''....

http://www.nba.com/games/20081127/ORLWAS/recap.html

and :

Scoring

Lead Changes : 0

Times Tied : 1 (only at the beginnig of the game when it was 2-2

Thats what we have to do every game, start hard and keep focused in the game.

Has anyone seen the video recap of the game on NBA.com?

The guy clearly wants to do Hollywood trailers... For a Schwarzinegger or Vin Diesel movie...

"The Orlando Magic facing the Washington Wizards on thanksgiving day..."

[insert dramatic drums here]

"Dwight Howard..."

[insert heavier dramadrums]

"Getting ready to shake off the turkey and getting ready to play"

[insert explotions and gunfire here]

"GIT DOUWN! IT'S GANA BLOUWWWW!!! GIT TU THA CHOPPAH!"

Not to mention "Heedo Turk-o-Glue"

http://www.nba.com/video/games/wizards/2008/11/27/nba_o...020800223_recap.nba/

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Dwight - This game showed yet again if you attempt to defend him one one one it will be a loooooong night unless your name is Sheed or Yao.

Hehe, this video seems to conflict with that statement