Sign in to follow this  
i HATE Rich DeVos

Protest at Amway arena

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Lubinsky:

OMG. Really? Does it matter TTHHAATT much where this is posted? Its a forum, FORUM! Who cares!

I suspect certain people charged with maintaining order and a certain level of professionalism on the "forum, FORUM" might care.

I think it has something to do with basketball. I could care less about his views - but a fan of the Magic, I'm a bit concerned about when and when he won't open his wallet.

quote:

OMG. Really? Does it matter TTHHAATT much where this is posted? Its a forum, FORUM! Who cares!

Yes, I come to this section to read about Magic Basketball. If I wanted to read about politics I would go to Off-Topic.

I don't support DeVos's position, but I do support his right to express or support it. But I did not see him using a basketball related event or forum to do it.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Certain Magic fans cant ''handle it'' man. This topic is absolutely within the guidelines of being posted! For all the beloved Magic fans who dont want to hear, click the X on the top left of your browser. Some of you, it might be on the right side! Im backing you Hate Devos

This thread has nothing to do with basket ball, and everything to do with politics. That is why this thread belongs in the off topic forum.

Devos' political, religious, and other beliefs are seperate from the Orlando Magic. While his actions may reflect upon them from time to time, it is not basketball related.

That being said, while I do not agree with his philosophy on this matter, it is his right to support this initiative any (legal)way he can. As it is your right, and the rights of others to attempt to block the amendment, or protest his actions. Just pick the proper forum.

You're right, Dick has the right to support any political agenda he wants. The problem I have is that a year ago he cried poverty when he asked for public financing for a new arena that will ultimately make his wallet fatter and now he has money to help legalize discrimination. If he has money for this stuff why couldn't he cover the entire cost of the project?

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

quote:

quote:

Certain Magic fans cant ''handle it'' man. This topic is absolutely within the guidelines of being posted! For all the beloved Magic fans who dont want to hear, click the X on the top left of your browser. Some of you, it might be on the right side! Im backing you Hate Devos

This thread has nothing to do with basket ball, and everything to do with politics. That is why this thread belongs in the off topic forum.

Devos' political, religious, and other beliefs are seperate from the Orlando Magic. While his actions may reflect upon them from time to time, it is not basketball related.

That being said, while I do not agree with his philosophy on this matter, it is his right to support this initiative any (legal)way he can. As it is your right, and the rights of others to attempt to block the amendment, or protest his actions. Just pick the proper forum.

You're right, Dick has the right to support any political agenda he wants. The problem I have is that a year ago he cried poverty when he asked for public financing for a new arena that will ultimately make his wallet fatter and now he has money to help legalize discrimination. If he has money for this stuff why couldn't he cover the entire cost of the project?

Yes, you are right, that $100,000 he donated could have made up for a HUGE portion of the money granted for the new arena!

I'm sure he donates more than just that $100k a year simply for the tax benefits.

BTW, you're point is like saying "Why did you borrow money for that new house you bought, I saw you go to the movies the other night, obviously you could have paid for the entire house on your own."

I guess topics like the one found on page 3 entitled "Should professional athletes have curfews" are Orlando Magic fourm worthy. Maybe "Patrick Ewing jr to knicks...BUMMER" located on page 3 as well is an important MAGIC topic. Go yapp off on those posts and explain the importance of posting under the wrong categories.

quote:

I guess topics like the one found on page 3 entitled "Should professional athletes have curfews" are Orlando Magic fourm worthy. Maybe "Patrick Ewing jr to knicks...BUMMER" located on page 3 as well is an important MAGIC topic. Go yapp off on those posts and explain the importance of posting under the wrong categories.

Both more relevant to an Orlando Magic basketball conversation than this thread.

quote:
Both more relevant to an Orlando Magic basketball conversation than this thread.

LOL. Rich Devos is our OWNER. Anything involving him is relevant enough. You compare that with what time players should be in their PJS and tucked in at night? Yeah...

quote:

quote:

If Rich DeVos dies where do we put the thread?