Sign in to follow this  
i HATE Rich DeVos

Protest at Amway arena

I just saw on WFTV channel 9 that there is a protest against my favorite NBA owner for his support of Amendment 2.

The anti gay-marriage amendment is getting some big-time help from Rich DeVos. According to the latest report from Amendment 2 backers (those trying to constitutionally ban gay marriage ... which is already prohibited in Florida), DeVos was their single biggest contributor. The owner of the Orlando Magic cut a check for $100,000.

$100,000 from Dick

I love that this guy got city dollars for his new arena and then gives money to fund open discrimination in our state.

I just saw on WFTV channel 9 that there is a protest against my favorite NBA owner for his support of Amendment 2.

The anti gay-marriage amendment is getting some big-time help from Rich DeVos. According to the latest report from Amendment 2 backers (those trying to constitutionally ban gay marriage ... which is already prohibited in Florida), DeVos was their single biggest contributor. The owner of the Orlando Magic cut a check for $100,000.

$100,000 from Dick

I love that this guy got city dollars for his new arena and then gives money to fund open discrimination in our state.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Hm he can't afford to pay some luxury tax, but when it comes to discrimination, that pocketbook gets opened. What a jerk

Exactly! I thought that this forum said ALL things Magic? This involves the owner and the protest is at the Amway Arena. It sounds like the Magic organization supports discrimination and people should know where their money is going when they buy Magic tickets and merchandise.

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

quote:

Hm he can't afford to pay some luxury tax, but when it comes to discrimination, that pocketbook gets opened. What a jerk

Exactly! I thought that this forum said ALL things Magic? This involves the owner and the protest is at the Amway Arena. It sounds like the Magic organization supports discrimination and people should know where their money is going when they buy Magic tickets and merchandise.

This has nothing to do with Basketball and should be off topic. Devos gets zero income personally from the Magic, in fact he subsidizes the teams financial losses.

They should protest Amway if they want to hurt him financially, but that would never get them on TV.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

quote:

This has nothing to do with Basketball and should be off topic. Devos gets zero income personally from the Magic, in fact he subsidizes the teams financial losses.

They should protest Amway if they want to hurt him financially, but that would never get them on TV.

Why protest Amway in Ada, MI? Amendment 2 is a Florida issue and discriminates against Floridians. The man owns the Orlando Magic, a Florida team and takes city dollars to pay for a building to make him more money that he uses to support public discrimination. It is all connected and is a legitimate issue.

Certain Magic fans cant ''handle it'' man. This topic is absolutely within the guidelines of being posted! For all the beloved Magic fans who dont want to hear, click the X on the top left of your browser. Some of you, it might be on the right side! Im backing you Hate Devos

ZzZzZzzZzZz

**********SSSSNNNNOOOORRRREEEE*******

Sad how politics gets thrown into sports... just ruins the fun...

you should go out and protest then, instead of wasting your finger muscles here on this forum...

Lemme go back to sleep...

****SNORE*****

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Lubinsky:

Certain Magic fans cant ''handle it'' man. This topic is absolutely within the guidelines of being posted! For all the beloved Magic fans who dont want to hear, click the X on the top left of your browser. Some of you, it might be on the right side! Im backing you Hate Devos

This thread has nothing to do with basket ball, and everything to do with politics. That is why this thread belongs in the off topic forum.

Devos' political, religious, and other beliefs are seperate from the Orlando Magic. While his actions may reflect upon them from time to time, it is not basketball related.

That being said, while I do not agree with his philosophy on this matter, it is his right to support this initiative any (legal)way he can. As it is your right, and the rights of others to attempt to block the amendment, or protest his actions. Just pick the proper forum.