Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

Calling All Bench Players!

What happened to our once good bench team... tonight is another example of the biggest hole we have on the team.

Spurs Bench = 52pts

Magic Bench = 11pts

And the game isnt over yet.......

What happened to our once good bench team... tonight is another example of the biggest hole we have on the team.

Spurs Bench = 52pts

Magic Bench = 11pts

And the game isnt over yet.......

Maybe if Brian Hill would utilize ALL of his bench players, maybe ONE of his players that sits on the bench could get more confidence & experience & be able to HELP this team out...whole thing is frustrating.

quote:
Originally posted by jasinfla:

Maybe if Brian Hill would utilize ALL of his bench players, maybe ONE of his players that sits on the bench could get more confidence & experience & be able to HELP this team out...whole thing is frustrating.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

JJ played well tonight. Not great but well. Thats what bench players do. Every now and then breaking out for a big game. And someone please tell me WHY Garrity even suits, let alone plays. To sum him up. He tried to set a pick for Hedo and instead almost took him out! The bench should be used depending on whom we play. Not the same players, at the same intervals of time, replacing the same players, no matter what!

People, our bench play lacks offensive prowess, however, it isn't their fault. The coach uses our bench to try and slow the game down and focus more on defense with Ariza and Dooling. But what that coach fails to realize is that we'll be down 20 points in the 3rd quarter and keep thinking our bench will pull us out of the rut. Bottom line, the coach needs to be fired!

quote:
Originally posted by Holee:

People, our bench play lacks offensive prowess, however, it isn't their fault. The coach uses our bench to try and slow the game down and focus more on defense with Ariza and Dooling. But what that coach fails to realize is that we'll be down 20 points in the 3rd quarter and keep thinking our bench will pull us out of the rut. Bottom line, the coach needs to be fired!

exactly, I think they did a good ob, but its just wasn't clicking tonight. props to the spurs for their all-around effort. their defense was tremendous.

and gawd, I've never seen a rookie being hounded even without the ball except tonight.

I was amazed when one of the Spurs keys to the game mentioned pre-game was "Stay with JJ". I thought they were making an awfully big assumption that our coach would be smart enough to actually play him. icon_wink.gif But anyway, that's a pretty big compliment to JJ and might explain why he was being hounded so much. Unfortunately, his shots weren't dropping, but they obviously paid attention to his performance last time.